Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Limbo First Step Away From Co-Op Into Pk Territory For Warframe?

Stormfrenzy

Previously it has been a staple of Warframe that you could not harm your team-mates. Your explosions from Penta etc. did not harm your team-mates, exploding a barrel did nothing to your team-mates.

Apart from Valkyr that could rip-line you off a ledge and force you to be re-summoned, or Vauban that could place his Bounce in inconvenient places, the game has as it's heart had a co-op atmosphere. It would seem this could be challenged from Update 15 and onwards with Limbo allowing constant griefing. The use Banishment on another team-mate and denying that player any way of participating (or in the worst cases where the Limbo player(s) doesn't complete the mission until the other player has quit the game), is a step in the direction of less co-operation.

Is this intentional and is this something we will see more of?

It has nothing to do with Limbo or co-op really, it's called a lil something called trolling.

A proper Limbo can use Banish to let the teammate regen energy or spam abilities pretty well.

The same thing can be said about a Switch Teleport Loki or a Bounce Vauban, it's not the frame, but the player

A-holes will be A-holes, there is literally no different between this and a Loki Switch Teleporting you back and forth while you're trying to run somewhere.

Freaking ninja'd

The ability was meant to help the other player(s) if it's being used like this it may need a change. (not any good ideas) Area affect or a chain reaction might help so if you cast it on a team mate you would also be caught in the rift. Or you can't cast the ability on a team mate without you going into the same state.

Haven't done anything with Limbo yet so this may be a stoopid question, I apologise in advance if it is, but can warframes that have been banished (or using rift walk) affect enemies that have been banished? Could be a great way to get some uninterrupted time with enemies that can withstand the damage from the banish power...

So you are blaming the actions of players on the developers?

Nice. Totally logical.

Then again, the developers could have run a basic test pass to see if the Warframe's powers would actually cause troubles like these to other players. I mean, they do have quite a bit of time for designing new Warframes, so why not let off a bit of time to see if the powers would cause a lot of trouble for the other players (e.g.: Like Limbo's Banish)?

@Void_Soldier
That's the best use for banish.
I've used it that way a lot.
Its like "Oh, level 45 corrupted heavy gunner eximus?  To to the rift.  Rhino you're up" and then I send the Rhino to the rift to deal with it without having to worry about any of the trash mobs and without anyone else being able to be hurt by the heavy unit.
It works wonderfully.
Especially since you regen 2 energy per second in the rift, and you can now cast banish again on the other person to pull them back.

Also power work across the rift.
So I can banish a frame with AOE powers and have them able to safely run into the middle of enemies while being 100% immune to all damage and CC, then have them cast their AOEs in the group of enemies and hit them all.
Removes the risk of the squishy caster having to get close to the enemies.

@Stormfrenzy
Vauban, Valkyr, Loki, and originally Mag could all do what limbo was doing but worse because falling off of pits will remove buffs and constant effects (actually an easy way to quickly cancel cataclysm).

And even when you're stuck in the rift you can still easily participate: Just use your frame abilities.
Afterall, you regen 2 energy per second.
You can easily spam damaging/CC powers on enemies to great effect.

The only real use I have found for Banishing COOP players is to save their arse if they are about to die. I usually only play with my daughter and my g/f so we tell eachother when we are about to drop. When they tell me they are gonna drop I cast banish on them so they get a break from enemy damage and their shields regenerate. The problem was originally that I couldn't take them out of the void afterward. Now we can take them out of the void by casting it on them again instead of having to wait for it to wear off.

I wish that Banish would leave a small tear in the void at the place where it made contact with the target. So if you cast Banish on an enemy or friend, they would instantly banished into the void, and a glowing portal (similar to Nova's Worm Hole ability) would be left where it made contact with them. This portal would serve as a way for that player to exit the void at will or for other players to enter, while keeping enemies trapped within the void. When I think of what Limbo's abilities should be, I imaging abilities and visuals similar to Blink from X-men: Days of Future Past ( http://youtu.be/Q4-20CuOEOc ).

Edited by s7n7a7k7e

@Tsukinoki Thanks for that, from the description I really hoped it would have some utility in that direction but if powers cross over too that's great to know, wasn't too sure about bothering with it if it's seen as nothing but a trolling frame by the community in general.