Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Development And Feedback

DE_Adam

Crazy idea, make cataclysm work on a targeted area 

Cataclysm already works that way, and yes, you can shoot inside of it if you're away from the bubble as long as you too are in the Rift Plane. 

Personally, I believe Limbo at least needs some CC or damage reduction while in the Rift Plane. There's no point in casting Cataclysm to deal with enemies using the extra damage if you're just going to die anyway... Other damage boosting abilities are far less situational and don't cost nearly as much energy as it is.

Are we not going to talk about the recent change to his ability to hack in the rift?  He's too squishy to stay in one place while under heavy fire; he was really great at acting as a distraction in the rift, but now that he cant hack on a different plane, he's too prone to death.

Are we not going to talk about the recent change to his ability to hack in the rift?  He's too squishy to stay in one place while under heavy fire; he was really great at acting as a distraction in the rift, but now that he cant hack on a different plane, he's too prone to death.

I have seen some discussion regarding it both here and on reddit. Overall though, the change isn't that super critical to most people. The general consensus I have seen is that DE needs to definitively define what the rift does and does not do, and what interactions are allowed. Until then, pushing against a change like this is mostly pointless as there are bigger issues to address - such as grineer doors hitting a rifted player, and corpus not, or toxic proc affecting the player, but other procs not. Inconsistency is the core issue.

I look forward to the revisions. I like him a lot right now.

Agreed the concept is nice but needs work.

Feedback: Why not make Rift walk and rift surge a 2-in-1 ability. Limbo should automatically have an advantage when entering the void. The Banish/Riftwalk ability be the same makes no sense.If I want to banish more than one person do I keep going in an out of the void ?

• but we’re currently thinking about combining Banish and Rift Walk into the same power to help minimize mandatory ability rotations.

Please don't. How would that work anyway? Banish enemy A, you and him get sent to the rift together in one move?

What if I want to just only banish a target without putting myself into the Rift also? What if I just want to Rift Walk without having to banish a target?

Please, DE, tell me more.

Please don't. How would that work anyway? Banish enemy A, you and him get sent to the rift together in one move?

What if I want to just only banish a target without putting myself into the Rift also? What if I just want to Rift Walk without having to banish a target?

I think the idea is freeing up an ability slot. You can banish an enemy, or a friendly, but you have to use an entirely separate ability to Banish yourself. It sounds like they're looking at an elegant way to give that ability slot back, so you can just use Banish on yourself somehow.

Done right, this is a very good thing.

I think the idea is freeing up an ability slot. You can banish an enemy, or a friendly, but you have to use an entirely separate ability to Banish yourself. It sounds like they're looking at an elegant way to give that ability slot back, so you can just use Banish on yourself somehow.

Done right, this is a very good thing.

Banish on yourself is Rift Walk...

So..

Yea..

He's fine just as he is for the moment

So..

Yea..

picard-facepalm.jpg

So we need an entire ability just to banish ourselves? Please don't pretend Limbo is fine.

At least Monkey got it. It's literally eating and entire ability slot to do exactly what another ability already does, but to yourself.

Think about that.

So..

Yea..

Do explain the difference between rift walk and banish then explain to me why they must be different abilities.

Limbo is faaar from fine.

I have seen some discussion regarding it both here and on reddit. Overall though, the change isn't that super critical to most people. The general consensus I have seen is that DE needs to definitively define what the rift does and does not do, and what interactions are allowed. Until then, pushing against a change like this is mostly pointless as there are bigger issues to address - such as grineer doors hitting a rifted player, and corpus not, or toxic proc affecting the player, but other procs not. Inconsistency is the core issue.

It is actually quite a big issue. It has turned Limbo into the biggest trollframe out there. You can prevent players from starting survival missions, keep your team in a lockdown state, or complete ruin people's spy runs.

they will probably make it so if you look at a enemy or another player they will be banished but if you cast this and there is no enemy or player there you will rift walk 

I'd like to make a request here.

DE, EITHER MAKE RIFT PLANE SEPARATE FROM EVERYTHING, OR PLEASE SCRAP IT.

Please do not make glaring inconsistencies like LImbo being dispelled from the rift plane-HE IS IN ANOTHER DIMENSION ALTOGETHER. IF HE CANNOT PULL NULLIFIERS INTO THE RIFT NEITHER SHOULD THEY. YOU STATED THE RIFT PLANE IS ANOTHER REALITY-STICK TO IT PLEASE.

HE IS ALREADY TAKING A HUGE RISK TAKING ENEMIES INTO THE RIFT WITH HIM.

YOU DESIGNED HIM AROUND THE RIFT FOR GOD'S SAKE. ALL HIS POWERS DEPEND ON HIM BEING IN THE RIFT.

WITHOUT IT HE'S JUST A WEAK, SQUISHY MEATBAG. IF ENEMIES TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM HE'S AS GOOD AS DEAD.

SO THIS IS MY REQUEST TO YOU-PLEASE EITHER GIVE HIM EFFECTIVENESS IN THE REAL PLANE, MAKE HIM COMPLETELY CUT OFF FROM THE PLANE, OR  SCRAP THE RIFT. AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOU THE TWEAKS TO ENEMIES MAKING HIM USELESS ARE TRYING MY PATIENCE.

Thank you for reading. I apologise if I have been uncourteous. But please bear in mind this is a Limbo loving player who has played him avidly, and you are taking his bread and butter away from him.

PLEASE. PLEASE FIX LIMBO.  

Edited by Evanescent

I love the fact that Limbo has probably one of the most challenging mechanics I've ever seen

in an FPS/TPS game, and for that reason, I play him almost any chance I get.

At the same time I'm not able to use him because other players simply don't want him in a team setup.

(He's great at solo play. Sometimes though you want too shoot things with other people ; n ;)

The more repetitive complaints being

>Banishing people makes it harder for them to see

>Complaints about not being able to pick things up

>People who are unaware about how he works are being handicapped (some people still don't know rolling gets you out of banish)

>Limbo's abilities force other players to adjust the way they play. (Some people don't mind it though, majority of them do)

>People find being in the rift a nuisance and not so much a benefit. (Exception being some Mesa/Banshee players)

So my thoughts are:

>Make Rift Surge a passive addition to the bonuses granted for being in the rift, and replace the ability altogether

>Make it so that going in and out of the rift is completely up to the player (The stationary portal thing that other people are suggesting sounds like a very good idea. This also fits the idea of merging Banish and Rift Walk)

>Cataclysm should be able to pull items into the rift (already mentioned, but I'd just like to stress how important this is)

>Adjust the visual effect of being in the rift to be around the borders instead of tinting the whole screen (Though this could cause tunnel-vision, I haven't thought of a better solution yet.)

Limbo is an incredible fun to play, but I'm sure most of us would like to enjoy his company, too.

Can't wait to see what you good people of DE have planned for Limbo c':