Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Find How Too Use The New Warframe Efficiently?

Monybags33

Limbo has a awesome design for himself and concept (at least I think so) but from what I hear the poor Warframe is very lackluster on his abilities with some of them making no sense at all too even bother with. In fact I only hear he's more of a gimmick Warframe rather than anything useful in combat, is this true and has anyone actually been able too use him effectively yet?

Normally I would build him for myself and I think I still will but for the time being I wanted people who have actually played the Warframe too give me their rundown on if he's just a gimmick too them or actually useful in combat, thanks Tenno.

Limbo has a awesome design for himself and concept (at least I think so) but from what I hear the poor Warframe is very lackluster on his abilities with some of them making no sense at all too even bother with. In fact I only hear he's more of a gimmick Warframe rather than anything useful in combat, is this true and has anyone actually been able too use him effectively yet?

Normally I would build him for myself and I think I still will but for the time being I wanted people who have actually played the Warframe too give me their rundown on if he's just a gimmick too them or actually useful in combat, thanks Tenno.

i haven't played him yet. still waiting on my archwing to finish building so i can do his quest. but he doesn't seem to be at all compatible with team play. for one if you accidentally banish an ally they cannot do a thing til they are freed from its effects. riftwalk seems cool but are you able to revive allies? i know you can't pick items up while in the void so idk if an ally can be saved. cataclysm seems really great but its pretty much like snowglobe where outside allies cannot shoot inside at all

If you expect him to be a nuker, a defence master, a gamechanger, another Nova, Rhino Prime or Loki - you are going to be disappointed.

His abilities are mostly useful, for controlling the place, picking high-threat targets, making him and his teammates invulnerable, that kind of stuff. If you look for an intense frame, Limbo is not for you. If you look for someone who can run around, banish few Bombards, kill some stuff in Cataclysm, run around being invulnerable - he's a frame for you.

i haven't played him yet. still waiting on my archwing to finish building so i can do his quest. but he doesn't seem to be at all compatible with team play. for one if you accidentally banish an ally they cannot do a thing til they are freed from its effects. riftwalk seems cool but are you able to revive allies? i know you can't pick items up while in the void so idk if an ally can be saved. cataclysm seems really great but its pretty much like snowglobe where outside allies cannot shoot inside at all

Incompatible with team play? I dunno, having an invulnerable glass cannon running around a la Banish seems pretty useful. Abilities do still work fine while banished. And yes, you are able to revive allies with Riftwalk active.

Cataclysm is good in defense if you build for low range and high duration. As for not being able to shoot through it, run in with melee and carve the sucker up. Or run in and shoot it. Or if the Limbo's doing their job, they'll riftwalk and take care of it themselves.

You may not be able to pick up items while rifted (currently, as it might change, you never know), but restores still work. Also, if you've built for high duration and low range, Carrier is typically able to pull the items out of cataclysm for you.

I've been playing him and while i definitely can't accurately quantify how effective he is compared to other frames i definitely feel like i can make him keep up with my other warframes (i have every frame except nyx p and excal p)

But i can definitely agree he may be the hardest warframe

My build is mostly based around natural talent and unlimited energy mods...

My gameplay involves quickly and efficiently moving enemies into the Rift world or Material world to suit my bidding... Whether it means throwing enemies into the Rift for 3x dmg or throwing them into the Rift or Real world to keep the away from me....

Doing all this is complex... But with rapid fast firing weapons like Akstilettos, and really quick thinking and Natural Talent button mashing, and not missing your shots (like 100% Banish accuracy) i manage to make him keep up with my other Frames - despite the very enjoyable challenge.

Use Rift Walk In normal running around and keep you rift surge topped up, support your team by rifting them If they are near dead or need energy. If you see a high level enemy bring them Into the rift and use the resulting knockdown to get In a few channelled mellee hits, will kill pretty much anything instantly. In PVP he's more or less godly, as he Is invicible In a one on one, simply chase down an enemy In the rift, use Surge, then bring them In which gives you the knockdown and increase damage advantage. Hope this helps ^^.

Incompatible with team play? I dunno, having an invulnerable glass cannon running around a la Banish seems pretty useful. Abilities do still work fine while banished. And yes, you are able to revive allies with Riftwalk active.

Cataclysm is good in defense if you build for low range and high duration. As for not being able to shoot through it, run in with melee and carve the sucker up. Or run in and shoot it. Or if the Limbo's doing their job, they'll riftwalk and take care of it themselves.

You may not be able to pick up items while rifted (currently, as it might change, you never know), but restores still work. Also, if you've built for high duration and low range, Carrier is typically able to pull the items out of cataclysm for you.

ooooh thank you for that. it was from my point of view from what i've heard, mainly negative. it just seems that this is another frame that not everyone can pick up like rhino

Level it to 30 and never touch it again!? Joking...

I'll be waiting for DE to fix and tweak his abilities before touching it again, not really finished enough to play with. (which the devs are already looking into).

Imo Limbo's skill set was rushed and not very well thought over...needs some work. The concept is cool but the execution not so much.

Edited by Bazools

Statement still stands true.

If someone asks you how to cook spagetti you don't advise him to cook lasagna instead do you? I found my Limbo build personally better than my Frost for T4D.

Edit: It's quite obvious you dislike him as of now so why bother joining in these conversations?

Edited by izzatuw

He's best with caster frames however you cant expect everyone to be using a caster frame and is most 'viable' (airquotes) in non infested endless type missions. So far I've seen only non contact abilities affect banished targets, as valkyr hysteria did nothing to a banished ancient unless thats changed in the past few days. If you banish a frame like mirage her eclips buff becomes useless as only her clones or prism ability could do damage, so she would mostly have to avoid the rift most of the time to function. So he can definetley inconvenience some frames, which is why casters like oberon or nyx are the best frames to banish with consent if you plan on having them abuse their ults. Nekros could benefit from this because of protection but dont want to have cataclysm up 24/7 if you want him spamming desecrate as this currently prevents pick ups making it harder to receive his support benefits.

The worst thing about his abilities is that your weapons simply become decorations, so if your build for your primary would be more effective than your ability and you want to use that your out of luck if limbo uses his abilites as this can and will make your weapons irrelevant in those situations.

Solo play he will be spamming the first skill banish a lot it can kill pretty easily but gets tedious as the only source of damage in rift walk until cataclysm unlocks which the shrinking effect can be annoying, as enemeis will be back in normal world once it passes them so its effectiveness at removing enemies can be very short lived so you will likely want to mod both range and duration if you want to get the most out of that ability. I find him fun and he can make sure the hostage in rescue missions never take damage, you can slap the hostage with banish and potentially just make a mad dash to extraction because he's in the void and cant be harmed.

I would like to take him out to do some defense in public mode at some point it. However if you do plan on using cataclysm to protect the cryo pod you'll need to try to keep the size down on the cataclysm bubble and have everyone who doesnt want to be banished stand outside of it making it an inferior snow globe. So he can 'work' it takes more effort to do so and requires you to be cautious with your abilites to avoid being a nuisance but best to only do endless with people you know for now, until DE implements changes that makes him less of an inconvenience.