Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Build

Setheret

Hey guys ive been testing the Opticor and have 4 forma'd it. 2 additional offensive polarities and 2 dash polarities.

I am using serration. Split chamber. Vile acceleration. Speed trigger. Shred. Fast hands and 2 slots for elements.

This build allows you to fire at almost semi automatic speeds with monstrous damage. The damage multipliers are additive so you lose almost no damage. I chose fast hands because you can empty a clip quite fast with this RoF. But I would like to try heavy cal. Though this would require a 5th forma. I will be testing the hotfixed charge to see how its effected the build but it looks like a buff. If anyone can test it or suggest some changes I would like to hear them.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the OPticor!

Yes it does, and nice build Sixty might have to try it, :P

How exactly does Firestorm works on a BEAM weapon? Also: The impact radious when it hit surfaces seems to do kinda low damage and its small as well, I dont think Firestorm is worth in this. Specially when we are aiming for body mass/head in an enemy in front of us....

Cool, I'll have to give these a try as I pick up these mods. Ive only come back for about a week now since last playing in Update 2 or so. So Im kinda behind on some of the rarer mods.

I believe the AoE radius is increased and AFAIK is confirmed to work. The AoE is also quite deadly. When I was doing ODD missions the AoE was comfortably killing enemies (Gas Elemental). Its personal preference of course and I assume without the Mirage part I would be in agreement with you, Kao. The Extra 4 Opticors worth of blast damage though would definitely be quite substantial as Sixty said.

15.0.7 doubled the damage on fully charged shots but you deal less damage on half way charged shots now :(

with this change it's better to go w/ max fire rate so you can fully charged shots faster (speed trigger shred vile acceleration) split chamber heavy caliber and serration + use 2X 90% elemental damage mods because those event mods really makes you deal less damage because of this BFG's insane base damage not counting a max charged shot :)

I'm going Serration, Split chamber, Heavy Calibur, Speed Trigger, Shred, Firestorm, and two 90% elementals

Combine with Mirage for about 4 supernovae worth of damage

After formaing this weapon with up to 6 polarities, I can safely say that while Firestorm can be equipped, there is no change in explosive radius.

There are also still bugs currently with this weapon. IE: The second bullet from Split Chamber has no explosion, hitting enemies directly results in no explosion. As a side note, I use the new Fire Rate corrupted mod Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger, and once the explosion bug is fixed, I will replace Shred with ST.

The AoE is good but I dont think its worth losing Punch through?

Edit: I can honestly say Ive been testing since I got home and while it does less damage for not charged I dont feel the damage is doubled on full charge. I noticed a difference in my build of around 400 between half charge and full on basic enemies.

Edited by Setheret

the problem w/ the Area of Effect blast radius is : it only applies when shot on ground or punch-through an enemy then hits the ground.

the laser's impact on an enemy should create an AOE damage around it because shooting on the ground to deal AOE damage should not better than actually hitting a target

I have already reported it as a bug. Waiting for response.

Even if it is not intended Shred will do more than Firestorm for most factions (Infested excluded) since they rarely gather together in tight groups and it has infinite range.  As such replacing Firestorm with more damage from Heavy Caliber will probably be a better choice.  Still the build is pretty basic at this point:

1) Serration

2) Split Chamber

3) Firestorm or Heavy Caliber

4) Shred

5) Speed Trigger

6) Vile Acceleration

7) Element #1

8) Element #2

There is a the possibility to increase the critical chance but I think it may just be damage overkill when it procs meaning having more base damage or radius is better.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Even if it is not intended Shred will do more than Firestorm for most factions (Infested excluded) since they rarely gather together in tight groups and it has infinite range.  As such replacing Firestorm with more damage from Heavy Caliber will probably be a better choice.  Still the build is pretty basic at this point:

1) Serration

2) Split Chamber

3) Firestorm or Heavy Caliber

4) Shred

5) Speed Trigger

6) Vile Acceleration

7) Element #1

8) Element #2

There is a the possibility to increase the critical chance but I think it may just be damage overkill when it procs meaning having more base damage or radius is better.

I use Serration HeavyCal VileAccel SplitCham SpeedTrig Elements1&2 and an extra elemental mod until the event 120% puncture damage mods are released from some event.

I think it's worth keeping a slot free for when the puncture event mods arrives.

Yep. Which is why I'm just using another elemental damage mod instead of Shred, so I'll be used to the attack speed once it arrives.

I calc'd it and on my Opticor, once the Puncture event mod arrives, it would add 4,021.4 more damage.

I did some testing and split chamber doesnt do anything to the AOE blast that this gun creates, you get 2 lasers impacting enemy for double damage, but if you hit the ground, blast is only 1 with normal damage

Mhm. Already noted this.

@GreyEnneract

Fair enough.  I could see it working as it charged, hitscan rocket launcher of sorts.  It might even help to separate it from Paris Prime a bit more due to the extremely high base damage.

I feel that at max charge, the Opticor should have an actually noticeable explosion radius increase, and have double damage.

It would make the slow charge time, slower than any other weapon, pay off.

I did some testing and split chamber doesnt do anything to the AOE blast that this gun creates, you get 2 lasers impacting enemy for double damage, but if you hit the ground, blast is only 1 with normal damage

This seems like a bug that needs to be fixed, no other weapon reacts this way and it'd be a really great help for the opticor if it reacted normally.