Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 40 Overview

DE_Adam

This last Devstream was a nice blend of spooky and informative, but I know that between the pumpkin carving, costume parade, and general festivity those nuggets of valuable developer information may have been difficult to snag.  Fear not, because here at Devstream Overview we're all about the good stuff.

Hopefully you've saved something sweet to enjoy while reading.  Enjoy!

-DE_Adam

I beg to differ: comparing to older streams this one was also fun but not very informative in my opinion. Not many news about the new frame,swimming,J-3,Mio,the nunchuks,core gameplay mechanics being worked on...

Still reading Adam's articles,because they're well written. :)

Edit : Nice deduction : "As a result, this Devstream Overview cover more of the improvements we’ve made to Warframe since our latest update rather than looking at future content"

Edited by unknow99

Thanks for the abridged version of the stream. Still gonna watch it myself though, just couldn't find the time currently.

Steel Meridian being only on 4th place? Kinda strange every second player i saw with a symbol had theirs, so i had thought they were in the top 3.

I'm actualy okay with the greater sacrifices but it should only be something you can gain ingame at any time, not something you can only get from a low chance alert and which is as important to use for players as Catalysts or Reactors.

Meanwhile those prime parts you have to give up in the higher 2 levels are far less essential.

I'm still confused how you thought increasing the accurancy of enemies was necessary when they are allready stupidly accurate at higher levels and can snipe you will running or never stop hitting you regardless of how quick you move or zigzag.

Hope Uranus will be more playable soon.

In terms of Archwing i hope you give the Corpus a proper space force soon. Recolored Ospreys and 6 meter tall crewmen with Opticore parts strapped to their backs as jetpacks look very improvised compared to the more dedicated looking Grineer space units.

You could have at least changed the Ospreys thrusters to point backwards instead of downwards.

Also you shouldn't name fighter size crafts after major ship classes.

When i read corvette i expect a small attack ship with multiple turrets and launchers you could spend an entire level on destroying, instead of a recolored slightly larger osprey.

Glad to hear about the fixes being in the work.

glad to hear sigils will be provided with some boost... they are... a waste right now. in every possible way.

good to hear about heavies buff "on the horizon"... hope u didnt forget shotguns too DE.

last but not least i really really hope in some better syndacate's mods... mods that really address a weapono's or a skill's weakness and not that give a random buff that none asked for nor needed

I can understand that sigils should be entirely cosmetic, but they should really give more than that, aside to say that you've reached a level of loyalty for the faction.

The minimal increase may not help too much, but at least it'll be more appealing to slap them on.

On the topic of really accurate enemies....yyyeeeaaaa. Not so much of a problem for Corpus, but those hitscan Grineer weapons really burn.

Edited by R34LM

I can understand that sigils should be entirely cosmetic, but they should really give more than that, aside to say that you've reached a level of loyalty for the faction.

The minimal increase may not help too much, but at least it'll be more appealing to slap them on.

On the topic of really accurate enemies....yyyeeeaaaa. Not so much of a problem for Corpus, but those hitscan Grineer weapons really burn.

Why not make the accuracy scale with the level? That way levels won't just mean bullet-sponge foes, and beginners still have a chance.

D.E., newbs are suffering right now,you know.

Great article!

I am really looking forward to seeing hubs and syndicates being developed.

Archwings I havent played yet, so all I can say is ut looks good and opens up opportunities.

I hope though, when all is in place it looks something like this:

The Liset glides in to dock with the station. From each Hangar, Tenno walk into the Main Hall, a vast open space with windows showing the space, screens showing news.

In boths and rooms the Syndicates are represented, as well as traders and various NPCs with missions and Quests.

Ads for mods and gear flash at us wanting our credits.

PvP challenges take place in the Arena, with betting and tournaments and leaderboards.

And so on into greatness.

thx again for a clear and easy understandable overview

the only thing i wanna mention - if i understood right - is the sigils, i stopped taking care about sigils nor do i work for being able to buy them since i heard that higher sigils dont give more points in whatever mission

it should and im pleased for because it wouldnt make sense to go for whatever sigil then the basic one

if i understood wrong and higher sigils gives me a real buckload of more points correct me :-)

Realy dont get players that folows Cephalon Suda or even worst Arbiters of Hexis. I know is a personal choice and i wont judge noone... I just express my opinion here...So nothing peronal.Wont hear any complaining about post. BUT.

Helping some AI that seek informations around ? Or WORST Arbiters of Hexis that REJECT Tennos as Warior mithology...Arrogantly lying around for gething orokin tech-Tenno powers...Best defence is attack sort of. "LOW "

I was surprised to se that they have the most folowers...- I was expecting the oposite realy. Apparently alot of players want to be Evil couse is "cool" ,oposite-diferent, against the system or something... ? Or they are looking just the appearance and didnt even look other story, Cosue is not that they have some special mods or something ? or they ? i dont think... The same is  for Cephalon Suda- just chosen couse is looking like ours ship Ordis ? I'm shure that some are making choices just like this...Looking just how things looks like.

Again i'm not judging just expessing my thinking about what i se...couse it makes me displeased.Hope this will change

But making points for syndicates are hard, and once u get something more your points start from  zerro.

Other-advanced badges should make more points  for mission...DE change this please.

Edited by PsyFungus