Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.1

[DE]Rebecca

Lol, after being able to go on(since I had class) and trying out new Vivir, not much has changed. Thus, I take back what i posted earlier about "it was good while it lasted."

This does fix the fact people would just sit at a point and use banshee, or mag since vivir is a good place to "farm" rep points. At least, we won't have to see lazy people in our missions now

the old Viver was one of the few maps that actually had teamwork in the game

R.I.P teamwork

edited, all those syndicates alert provides very few points, a viver run give you T4 keys, way much more credits , and almost 3 times of point than those alerts provided

making it has no point to do those alerts

deal with it please

Edited by akira_him

ive started having problems staying connected to games now.  there are even points where connection to dojo with shoot be back to login screen.  also, what lvl do you have to be to start seeing syndicate alerts?  i havent seen one in the past 60 games hours ive been playing...

I'm still wondering why DE feel the need to look into something that's not broken and in fact assisting players greatly in order to obtain reputation quickly for a syndicate of their choice. Viver may yield the same affinity as before the patch, but again, why look into something that's not broken?

I have 24 years of gaming experience and here's a fact, the rep needed to purchase anything or progression for a syndicate here in Warframe is too high, as in, unreasonably high. Starting over and levelling my characters to max level 9 times in another MMO feel LESS grindy than rep farming here in Warframe!

I'd like to propose an idea on changes to ease the workload forced on players, by either :

- implementing two separate bars for faction credits and faction reputation/standings so that player can raise their level with faction while at the same time purchase what items they wish

- cut the reputation points needed to level up standings and purchase item by a half or more

I see no reason to make the syndicates involve tedious amount of grind in order to gain something only usable against level 40 or so enemies. By the time you've grinded enough to get ability augment mods or special weapon mods you'd have far stronger weapons on your own that make the faction mods completely obsolete and useless.

Case in point, I seriously doubt I'll ever find anyone using spectra or skana in void survival tower 4 above 40 minutes ever in the history of Warframe.

is there anyone here have problem not getting any exp after dark sector defense mission? happened to me about 4-5 times.. the mission is success but, no exp lol

the exp windows show that i got 6 levels from the mission, but nothing happened when i get back to the ship..

15 waves for nothing is annoying lol

Thank you so much for all the fixes, DE!

I hope, more are to come.

Reading through the comments was amusing.

I love how people get so hurt, because they can't farm stuff in 2 days anymore, that is obviously meant to be obtainable over multiple weeks/months. Like some people say, if it is too boring for you, if the rewards are not worth it... don't do it? Not like you have to, just because there are some numbers that are increasing while you play...

The thing is that the exact same people, who whine about the Viver 'nerf' will then whine, when their syndicate is maxed, that there is 'nothing to do anymore'.

Same with Uranus. Why does it need a 'fix'? It is hard, not unplayable.

A fix is needed, if something is not working the way, DE intends it to work, not if some players don't like how it works.

If you can still farm thousands of rep in Viver within an hour, I wouln't be too surprised if another nerf is coming in.

On a sidenote: If I would not have wanted to get rep with Perrin and New Loka alongside the Red Veil, I would at least be at rank 2, if not 3 with them by now with just doing the dailies and some general missions. That seems to be the speed, they intended for it to be, in my eyes. I intend to play WF for many more months, so why does it matter if I get access to the mods now or in a month? I will still get access to them... but I am probably just too old for this by now, am a noob and should uninstall the game, right?

Thank you again for all the fixes!

And even though I am not affected, I think it is amazing that you guys put effort into making the game run on XP again. I have a rough idea of how painful it can be to even have a game run on different setups on Win 7... so I can only imagine how hard it has to be, to fix all the problems, that arise with an older OS.

And now to check my shiny sigil!

Does the Viver change actually work?
Any team using bots to mass farm standing probably had enough forma invested and corrupted mods to nuke the map and use energy vampire from across the room without any trouble no matter how many Ai and pathing changes are made. This sounds like it will hurt the players not cheating more than it will hurt the players who were.  

Reading through the comments was amusing.

I love how people get so hurt, because they can't farm stuff in 2 days anymore, that is obviously meant to be obtainable over multiple weeks/months. Like some people say, if it is too boring for you, if the rewards are not worth it... don't do it? Not like you have to, just because there are some numbers that are increasing while you play...

The thing is that the exact same people, who whine about the Viver 'nerf' will then whine, when their syndicate is maxed, that there is 'nothing to do anymore'.

You're saying that players should not play the game?

Edited by Avalona

If I don't like the way a game works/does things, I tend to not play it yeah... I enjoy Warframe, thus I play it. But I also don't play it for the "grind" but for its gameplay (thus, there is no grind for me, really). That I gain points while doing that is just a bonus for me (as it is for many others, I dare to say).

That all aside. From all I see, U15 is merely a framework for Archwing and Syndicates. Things will be added and changed. So by time, the syndicates will become something more 'alive', I am sure.

And in the end, I stick to say what I said in the last line, you quoted from me. People will whine either way. Either because it 'takes too long to farm/aquire whatever new goal there is" or because they "are done with whats new too quick". Always the same in every game when new things are added. And then there is some, who just want to play and enjoy.

Only time will tell, where DE will go with the new systems, they just recently introduced.

From a purely economic standpoint, nerfing Viver is among the worst marketing moves DE as a company could made.

The caches on Earth that dropped Forma: that is hurting Forma sales. Understandable for a company.

The caches in sabotages dropping plat-only cosmetics: that is hurting cosmetic sales. Understandable for a company.

Viver, a place to farm exp and rep to a point where people buy affinity boosters: helping affinity booster sales. Why nerf it?

Why nerf a map that has made a sizable number of people consider buying affinity boosters?

Again, I cannot comprehend this. And no, the terms "balance" and much less "fairness" don't apply here.
It was a specific map with a specific purpose for which you had to use a very specific team setup to actually get things done.

Draennon might be on the right path to see the light, the freedom, the free that is uninst- I mean, ugh, having fun elsewhere!

Just went and tried Viver. You can still entirely bot through it with two mags and two trinities, they can both cover the far spawns and the middle spawns by standing on other sides of the rooms, there would be no safe zone and the trinity/mag combo would ensure a nonstop supply of energy, health and shielding. But it has become hell for a pug. We were under enemy domination before even being able to reach more than two of the capture points. 

Edited by LukeAura

Does the Viver change actually work?

Any team using bots to mass farm standing probably had enough forma invested and corrupted mods to nuke the map and use energy vampire from across the room without any trouble no matter how many Ai and pathing changes are made. This sounds like it will hurt the players not cheating more than it will hurt the players who were.  

As for this stuff, I can only pity the people who see the need to cheat in a game/exploit a game for their personal success/gain. I always did and I always will... but I guess it is just me, who prefers to play games in a certain way and in the way, the devs mean them to be played (if I have a feeling, something is an exploit, I try to avoid it to not gain anything/not too much from it and report it).

There is just waaaay too many people out there, who value things in games way more than they should...