Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

15.2.0 - Frame And Viver Nerfs + Syndicate Rep Problems Megathread

Dromeos-Prime

This is why we can't have nice things.  I do hope you people who were hoping for Viver nerfs are happy. Now three frames, two of them very situational, are nerfed.  Excal was nerfed again.  Not to mention Limbo is harder to use now.

Riiiiight. Because the ones who were "hoping for Viver nerfs" control DE and were asking them to nerf the frames. It's statements like this that cause flames within the community.

The quest is interesting, and really raises a lot of questions about the lore for me. Clearly the Lotus was wrong on SOME level about the Infested being "wipe out along with the Orokin" given the presence of Lephantis, but did the Grineer get their original samples from there or did they uncover something deeper? I hesitate to ask it, given Lephantis, but is THIS maybe why these Infested are so different from the Dark Sector ones? Grineer tampering? Were the Infested of the Orokin Era like the Dark Sector variants?

I'm also curious to see what more Tengus plays in the growing path of the Grineer. At first I was upset that it wasn't Regor, the geneticist, that was in charge of the project, but after a little thought it hit me: Tengus is the weapons man of the Grineer. The Grustrag, the new Infested, all of it falls under his jurisdiction: I don't know WHAT field he majored in, other than perhaps "Evil Scientists Liberal Studies", but he is DEFINITELY the biggest threat of the Grineer Scientific Mind. Regor likely has/had his own hand in all of it as well - either as a mentor for apprentice to Tengus - but he seems to be getting built up to be more consumed with his pet project - Grineer purification - than anything else (all the more reason to kill him).

Most interesting, though, was that ending: the spore "the Tenno took to unleash against us." I don't think Tengus was just talking out of his &#!: I think spores WERE stolen, and he's just shifting the blame. But the question is now: who stole them? Was it Tengus himself? That seems the most plausible, he swiped the spores to continue his research in secret, fearing that the breaches that happened under his watch would get his project shut down but not wanting to relent it, and, from there, everything spirals out of his control to unleash the Infestation upon the system - maybe even PURPOSEFULLY!

Is that what the Infestation missions are? A mad scientists testing out his biological weapon on even his own people? Maybe, maybe not.

But the second thought I had was maybe Tengus really DOESN'T know what happened, and so is shifting the blame to the Tenno. Maybe this is an early buildup to Alad V's descent into Infestation Research - early trials with it, before moving into Zanuka Program proper, that peaked his later blossomed interest in the field. It's unlikely to have been any other Corpus, Alad stated that most others don't like to work with genetics during our ship runs again him during that pre-New Eris event.

It's all so intriguing. So very fascinating.

Extremely lazy solution. The map should have been changed, and syndicate rep gains need to be addressed with an official statement.

the map really does need to be changed... i really dont mind people exploiting it for exp in their syndicates

the map should have just been changed so that mag and excal cant destroy everything accross the map rather than nerfing the abilities

The quest is interesting, and really raises a lot of questions about the lore for me. Clearly the Lotus was wrong on SOME level about the Infested being "wipe out along with the Orokin" given the presence of Lephantis, but did the Grineer get their original samples from there or did they uncover something deeper? I hesitate to ask it, given Lephantis, but is THIS maybe why these Infested are so different from the Dark Sector ones? Grineer tampering? Were the Infested of the Orokin Era like the Dark Sector variants?

I'm also curious to see what more Tengus plays in the growing path of the Grineer. At first I was upset that it wasn't Regor, the geneticist, that was in charge of the project, but after a little thought it hit me: Tengus is the weapons man of the Grineer. The Grustrag, the new Infested, all of it falls under his jurisdiction: I don't know WHAT field he majored in, other than perhaps "Evil Scientists Liberal Studies", but he is DEFINITELY the biggest threat of the Grineer Scientific Mind. Regor likely has/had his own hand in all of it as well - either as a mentor for apprentice to Tengus - but he seems to be getting built up to be more consumed with his pet project - Grineer purification - than anything else (all the more reason to kill him).

Most interesting, though, was that ending: the spore "the Tenno took to unleash against us." I don't think Tengus was just talking out of his @$$: I think spores WERE stolen, and he's just shifting the blame. But the question is now: who stole them? Was it Tengus himself? That seems the most plausible, he swiped the spores to continue his research in secret, fearing that the breaches that happened under his watch would get his project shut down but not wanting to relent it, and, from there, everything spirals out of his control to unleash the Infestation upon the system - maybe even PURPOSEFULLY!

Is that what the Infestation missions are? A mad scientists testing out his biological weapon on even his own people? Maybe, maybe not.

But the second thought I had was maybe Tengus really DOESN'T know what happened, and so is shifting the blame to the Tenno. Maybe this is an early buildup to Alad V's descent into Infestation Research - early trials with it, before moving into Zanuka Program proper, that peaked his later blossomed interest in the field. It's unlikely to have been any other Corpus, Alad stated that most others don't like to work with genetics during our ship runs again him during that pre-New Eris event.

It's all so intriguing. So very fascinating.

this quest is for noobs that haven't seen the infested yet it's an intro to the infested

Riiiiight. Because the ones who were "hoping for Viver nerfs" control DE and were asking them to nerf the frames. It's statements like this that cause flames within the community.

I never did say the ones who were hoping for Viver nerfs asked DE to nerf the frames.  That's on DE.  However, history shows us that DE loves to make sudden large and often extreme changes that either makes something buffed to high heaven or nerfed badly.  The ones who were hoping for Viver nerfs should have reigned in their threads and should have placed it in only a few threads. Not making multiple filled with whiny comments, flamebait, and other things.  The thing is, Viver isn't the problem.  The problem is Syndicates.  It's a flawed system.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

I never did say the ones who were hoping for Viver nerfs asked DE to nerf the frames.  That's on DE.  However, history shows us that DE loves to make sudden large and often extreme changes that either makes something buffed to high heaven or nerfed badly.  The ones who were hoping for Viver nerfs should have reigned in their threads and should have placed it in only a few threads. Not making multiple filled with whiny comments, flamebait, and other things.  The thing is, Viver isn't the problem.  The problem is Syndicates.  It's a flawed system.

Haha. You really think DE would have never nerfed without those threads? Besides, the farmers were also making tons of threads bragging about the 20k to 30k rep points that they were getting. But noooo, those couldn't possibly have drawn any attention to DE at all! 

And if you realize it was DE's poor decision making then why mention the ones who were hoping for Viver nerfs? They had nothing to do with this at all. Also, no blame for the farmers for breaking the game? They're just at fault as everyone else. And take note, I also farmed about a dozen times so I'm not guilt free.

I think syndicate rep grind is bad too and needed to be cut down drastically, I wasn't hoping for Viver nerfs but rather have more rep point gains in all areas of the game not just Viver. But feel free to point the finger and blame others in the community for these nerfs.

Edited by EetNotErn

I said this was going to happen in just about every viver I entered to see mag and Excal just spamming away (they didnt even need a trinity just a ton of team energy restores). I was told just about every time "oh they'll just nerf Viver" or "Oh theyll just nerf trinity". The rest of the time I was just insulted for prophesizing the future. It seems I may actually be clairvoyant. If only that clairvoyancy spread to knowing which kubrow Ill need for that day. I wish I was wrong but I seem to have a knack at predicting when developers are going to overreact to an issue.

Players will almost always take the path of least resistance for their progression. That means with warframes, weapons, and even syndicates. Thats what happened with Viver and why we saw mags, excals, and trinitys endlessly spamming their abilities. DE knew it was a problem and so did the players but players did it anyway just for the sake of a little quicker progression. Yeah, the players are ultimately responsible for the nerfs. They couldnt be bothered to just take advantage of a good thing and play the map like normal, they had to make builds to literally break Viver with a few button presses.

DE doesnt get off scott free though. The warframe nerfs are IMO a major overreaction. I dont think Excal or Mag are fundementally broken now though (Im not sure about trinity). Its just going to require more skill to play them effectively so the "press x button to win" crowd will go to the next warframe that offers the path of least resistance. Probably Rhino or maybe Oberon. Perhaps the real problem is potential fixes from players seem to have been ignored. Im not sure if they werent communicated correctly or discussed in detail with the development team but many fixes that would have worked far better then warframe and game mode nerfs were offered up by multiple people and as far as I can tell nothing was done with them.

Overall Im quite disappointed in the players who made builds to break viver and DE for over reacting to a problem when they were already given many possible fixes by their players. The absolute best thing they can do right now is say these "fixes" are temporary until a more appropriate fix to Viver can be made.

@

itsgametime1

Please stick to the matter at hand and please dont use the "NOOB" word lightly.

There is a differece between NOOBS and NEWBIES.

NOOB is considered a insult that You dont have the right to to say to anyone and the least generalise and is refering to a bad player.

Which the player has all the rights to be bad as well.

The word You looking for is Newbie and there is nothing wrong with being one.

Dont underestimate the small quests that introduce You to something.

One day at DE's office: "Oh noes, people are grinding and exploiting an interception map, they're out of control, what can we do to solve the issue?" "Let's change the map design." "You crazy? No! Let's scramble all the capture points, let's set some ridicolous limits on the dropped items, let's make all the points not neutralizable, let's nerf all the frames they're using! Much easier." ... Seriously. What the Hek?

Edited by Gnakignaaak

Ya know, I had said it in another thread, but, I'm really not concerned with playing further right now. I've sunk like 40$ into this game, and gotten my money's worth I feel, so, I've got no qualms about just dropping it for a while. I think I"m gonna do just that. No point in sticking around if the entirety of U15 will be the Nerf update.

123Olympian, on 12 Nov 2014 - 9:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Honestly, lets think more about the solutions than complaining.

Well, what You waiting? You could have told us some solution in same comment than just to ask for it.

Heres one of mine that nobody cares much. Want solutions, help me than. Give me better ideas and feedback.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/323383-my-thoughts-on-warframe/#entry3816322

Best part of this, is I"M STILL FARMING VIVER JUST LIKE I WAS BEFORE with guess what? A DIFFERENT FRAME.

What are you using? 

E: I'm working on compiling a long formal post about how this nerfing doesn't fix the issues on Viver yet it negatively impacts the regular gameplay of the frames that got nerfed. I think I know a couple combinations of frames that can continue the exploit but want to confirm or know if I've missed any.

Edited by Pythadragon