Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Syndicate Reputation Cap Limit - A Hinderence To Some

Sophronius

As you may know, as of the latest update Reputation now has capacity limit. I see a potential flaw in the design, however. The new daily capacity limit rewards players who have a lot of time and (presumably) not as much cash. Whereas it also punishes players without as much time, yet much cash.

I'm sure the concept of platinum purchases will make up the difference because some players will buy syndicate mods from "grinders" for a high price. This is not necessarily a safe assumption.

What has been done:

A player with high mastery can grind up enough points to get a better sigil. In turn, this allows them to gain more rep even faster. A lot of time and effort has to be contributed in order to achieve this.

On the other hand. A player without enough time to gain this many points will be hindered not only by a capacity limit, but being incapable of gaining rep as quickly.

Imagine that the weekend approaches and you have several hours in the day to gain rep. But because you have only 2 hours a day during the week you are only mastery 7. You will likely reach your cap in less time than you have to play.

In the interest of the individual working long hours, who doesn't have as much leisure time I suggest the following:

A purchasable syndicate capacity increase. Perhaps time limited, like a booster.

For example: For N amount of plat you can purchase a 3, 10, 30 day syndicate rep capacity increase of 10k, 20k, 30k reputation.

You might ask: "But then the 'grinders' will only be capable of getting even more rep with this. Isn't that counter-intuitive?"

First: Not everyone wants to purchase mods for $50 worth of platinum. If there is an alternative, they are more likely to spend their cash on that instead.

Second: You should realize that I am coming from a bit more of a business perspective. People who don't care whether or not to spend $50 on mods will likely still spend $50 on mods regardless of this alternative. People who don't, however, will now have a way to spend cash and still be rewarded. The idea is that more money will likely be generated by using this method, rather than gating players.

Remember that it is the paying players that make games happen. Do not shun or abhor them because they spend money and get rewarded by doing so. The game would not exist if not for them.

I will not respond to flame:

xODC8Q0.png 

Edited by Sophronius

Dude, a rank 17 can farm up to 36k rep points. That is my total rep after farming viver several times.

A regular MR8 player can farm 18k rep points. A regular mission gives you 10-20 rep. That means he can run about 900 to 1800 missions without having to worry about the limit. Lets say you take 10min to do a mission. You can do 6 missions in an hour. You will need to play about 240 hours a day to actually break this limit, and a day has only 24 hours... I don't see a problem with this limitation.

I like it honestly it's a good start to give mastery a reason instead of bragging rights, and a honest goal to make it higher. Also if people want they can trade items for plat, its their choice to buy it. Its also their choice to buy choice to buy a $50 mod, you pay for convenience. 

Edited by OumaNoUta

I think you will have to play for quite some time to hit the limit. I'm MR 15 and have a 32k cap that is quite alot to get in a single day. Even once they add in the 10x booster you would have to play quite a few long defense/interceptions to get that much. The people this is a hinderence to would be people trying to farm the syndicate rep for mods to sell for plat which is what was happening before and caused the whole Viver issue in the first place. Now new players get a boost and veterans also get a boost it seems like a win/win for me. New players don't even have to worry about hitting the cap either, cause just focus on raising your MR if you are that worried. 

Edited by kazeyama

Current;y I think I'm bugged, but I should be at a 28, 000 rep cap..... That's a lot. Granted I'm not MR2, but that's the point of the system, new players will progressively gain as they play the game, and vets who've played the whole game will earn in relatively big increments as they work for the syndicate. It's really a great system.....If only it wasn't bugged as of now, but that'll be fixed soon, I have faith.

Absolutely not. Having the option to purchase more access to rep farming screams of pay2win. The whole point of the syndicate system was to be long term and DE has tried to maintain their stance on that.

If you don't have time to play warframe; don't play warframe.

It's not affecting players in any way... How is this at all Pay2Win?

It's more like "Pay2benefit." All it does is pay money to accelerate the process.

...Like every other mechanic in the game. (Foundry, Affinity, Resources, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

the rep cap is very generous and considering the x10 rate at which you gain rep, it is very easy to hit cap every day.  One 30 wave Tower 4 Defense will usually do the job or get you close.  The rep cap was needed as was the rep gain rate increase, overall I am very satisfied with how DE eventually managed this.  The fact that you are still complaining smacks of incredulity, you are either the worst kind of casual or a troll, either way - Good Day Sir, I SAID GOOD DAY!

I find the rep cap to be fine and dont notice when i hit it.  I play casually compared to most and this new system I find great for me.  I see that im making progress more substantially for the time I play, then i did before with the increased gain (and i dont feel pressure to power grind it either)....and the second sigil was easy to get (5% is noticeable).  Being somewhat casual, i sometimes hit max rep (14k for MR 6) sometimes i have more left for the next day before it resets.  Good changes to the system imo.

I think if anything they should just buff the overall reputation caps (not much only like 3-5k) and lessen the curve a bit for earlier MRs. But a syndicate booster would be no different from the credit/affinity/drop boosters we already have so I don't see why they wouldn't work(or why people would have issue).

Also providing options for players with limited time is always a good thing. These players are able to do as much as they can with their time while the players without limited time are still able to play normally and still get the same rewards.

However I think that the proposed idea of a reputation cap booster would not help players with limited time. This only helps out newer players or people with limited time and money. If anything such a booster should increase your syndicate cap while also providing something like a 50% reputation bonus.

Then again affinity boosters do increase syndicate gain in this way so technically we already have such a method for players without much time.

As an MR 11 player, ever since they applied that cap I've only ever reached it once and that was because I stayed up all night on Kappa leveling MR fodder. So in my opinion the cap is fine, you can only really reach it if you're trying to level your syndicate. I just do it passively, take your time and play on.

I think the cap is extremely reasonable, especially since it came along side an increase in rep gain. They clearly don't want you to blow through Sydicates. It is meant to be a long term thing that happens in the background, not something that meant to be farmed. And quite honestly, if you are at a decent mastery rank, the cap should not bother you unless you are putting insane amounts of time into this game, to the point where you are doing almost nothing but playing the game (and thats fine, if you are having fun, thats all good, to each there own). To the average player though, and to the developers, the cap makes a lot of sense, and makes Syndicates what they were meant to be: A slow reward system that goes on in the background and rewards you for playing the game.

It's the same level of pay2win as credit, affinity, and resource boosters are.

Except that you don't have a hard-set limit on those three, which can be bypassed by payment, if this was to go into affect.

So, it's not the same level. It goes above that level, into P2W territory

Edited by Warriorrogue