The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De!: Will We Ever Get A Real "urban" Setting

Deidaku

Fighting off grineer , infested or corpus in one of the "colonies" * populated areas....

because we seem to be protecting those a lot but we never see them.

hell we don't know how civilians look like!!

I hope that the hubs will be able to  give us a  glimpse of civilisation in the warframe universe.

Edited by Deidaku

Technically, the closest you can get to an urban/colony setting is in Mars. If I remember correctly, the stonework in the abanadoned settlement actually belonged to one of the splintered colonies which the Grineer took over.

That must have been a while ago then, those structures look downright ancient. 

I'm still holding out for a Corpus urban setting for when Neptune gets a rework. DE has been alternating between Grineer  and Corpus planets in terms of updating tilesets, so perhaps after the Grineer get the up coming underwater tileset, there might be some sort of Corpus city set in the queue. Here's to hoping anyway.

Fighting off grineer , infested or corpus in one of the "colonies" * populated areas....

because we seem to be protecting those a lot but we never see them.

hell we don't know how civilians look like!!

I hope that the hubs will be able to  give us a  glimpse of civilisation in the warframe universe.

The "civilians" are just Corpus. The Grineer are a militaristic society of clones, and the Corpus buy and sell between themselves, the Grineer, and the Tenno. We aren't protecting colonies, we are restoring balance in the universe. That's why we killed the Orokin in the first place, to create balance. That is our goal, that's why we went into cryo sleep because there was balance once the Orokin were dead. The Grineer and Corpus split off from what remained of the Orokin.

The "civilians" are just Corpus. The Grineer are a militaristic society of clones, and the Corpus buy and sell between themselves, the Grineer, and the Tenno. We aren't protecting colonies, we are restoring balance in the universe. That's why we killed the Orokin in the first place, to create balance. That is our goal, that's why we went into cryo sleep because there was balance once the Orokin were dead. The Grineer and Corpus split off from what remained of the Orokin.

What does that make people like Loka? I guess you could argue maybe she's a corpus, but I kinda doubt it, same goes for hostages we rescue, who maybe could be considered tenno but maybe not. I don't think it's accurate to say everyone out there is grineer, corpus or tenno, the fact is we honestly don't know though. Apparently there haven't been other people worth fighting at least but that's all we know. Also no real evidence that grineer and corpus came from Orokin even more so, I doubt it. Whether there were more people now or not, I'm sure there was then.

What does that make people like Loka? I guess you could argue maybe she's a corpus, but I kinda doubt it, same goes for hostages we rescue, who maybe could be considered tenno but maybe not. I don't think it's accurate to say everyone out there is grineer, corpus or tenno, the fact is we honestly don't know though. Apparently there haven't been other people worth fighting at least but that's all we know. Also no real evidence that grineer and corpus came from Orokin even more so, I doubt it. Whether there were more people now or not, I'm sure there was then.

I believe it states in a codex entry that the Orokin split into the Grineer and Corpus, not sure where I saw it but it was definitely in the game.

With the new Aerial melee it could be interesting to see some more vertically focused map tile-sets. If there is a specific planet that players could expect to find such features then they could be prepared to handle the change. They could bring back ziplines and other classic infiltration tools like grapnels. They could even incorporate toned down Archwing features to bridge the gap between the gameplay types.

Edited by Ryjeon

I would love to see a Corpus city like the Citadel or Ilium from Mass Effect (even though I'm no longer a fan of the series).

It wouldn't be on the ground level of the city, but jumping rooftop to rooftop. Fighting through apartments,  offices, parkouring off of flying cars, Corpus advertisements and billboards everywhere. 

4564-24-834801.jpg

1479142-ilium.jpg

102a60d6a7a69e6dde18751e6251b807.jpg

citadel___mass_effect_2_by_loraine95-d4q

Edited by Gemellus

Aaaah! This could be an excellent middle ground between the two tenno schools,really.

Exactly.

It also offers an in-universe explanation for stealth as well. In most stealth games you stealth because it's the only way to survive, which isn't really the case here. But in a city, you would stealth because you don't want to get civilians involved in a firefight, rather than self-preservation.