November 21St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

1,898 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stealth Hiding
Stealth is often a hot topic in the Warframe Community. Some maps and Warframes are more conducive to stealth play, but the majority of missions are mostly run-and-gun. Aspari has a hot topic that suggests Warframe include a more dynamic “hide” feature that would allow Tenno to escape into the shadows and sneak up on enemies better. What do you think, sneaky Tenno? Should stealth be upgraded with a “hide” feature? What other kinds of stealth features would you like to see implemented?

"mostly"? id say the majority of missions ARE run-and-gun. :D

Personally I would really like to see some stealth game play. BUT its probably a lot to ask to just staight up implement stealth game play. A better idea in my opinion would be to do smaller steps and maybe rework the movement as a first step. Make it more responsive and less floaty.

This whole slide-jump-catapult seems to be a big contradiction to stealth game gameplay.

Hardmode:

I'm honestly all for hardmode. Granted, there are definitely other things DE should do before adding another level of gameplay. Also, there are some unfair factors that would make hardcore rage inducing. Some fixes would need to be made.

I also would hate to lose a frame I worked hard for. Same with weapons and anything else I farmed hours for.

You guys who are straight saying no because of that are being very close minded.

What if they design hardcore in a way to where you don't have to use those frames you worked hard for? What if it was designed to be an extension of the game, and not just inserted in to it? I hate when good ideas are shot down because people don't think past what they immediately see.

What would have happened if Automobiles were an idea that was shot down, because they're basically giant hunks of metal going fast enough to kill? What would the world be like if glass was banned because when it broke, it's sharp enough to use as a weapon?

Think beyond what is said. That is how great ideas are formed.

Here is what I posted in the original Hardcore Mode post. I hope it makes some of you realize that the realm of possibilities is endless.

I think it sounds amazing.

This would truly add another level of play to the game. You'd have to treat it much like Diablo and Path of Exile do, though.

The hardcore group would need to be completely separate from the rest of Warframe. Like leagues in other games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have two starts to a hardcore Frame:

1. After you log in, you choose between two modes. Normal and Hardcore. Normal brings you to the current Warframe.

2. You can choose to "ascend" (kinda like Hand of Kul") a frame from your Normal inventory at the beginning of a season.

Some Basics:

-Leaderboards would track stats such as Max Conclave, Waves in Defense, Survival Time, Items/Frame built, Amount of Mods Collected, and other such things.

-Seasons would set periods in time (around 2 weeks at a time) in which such stats would define top frames in the leaderboards. Seasons would also dictate entry. If you choose from a list of frames, you can only get 3 chances a season. This means you can choose a frame from that list, and if it dies, you can choose another. If that one dies, you can choose another, and if that one dies, you are out for the season. "Ascending" would be limited to once a season. At the end of the season, all hardcore inventories (frames, items, mods, parts) will be wiped (end of season procedures for ascended frames and items/mods will be explained below).

-Seasonal Themes. A season every-once-in-a-while will not follow typical rules. This will change things up a bit and make the play different. Things such as no build times, perpetual nightmare mode (for masochists), all enemies have larger limbs, any frames you build can be used, every enemy is of one type (grineer, infested, corpus, bosses), or even speed seasons (progress is sped up, x2 XP, no build times, higher damage on both sides, ect.). They can change season's lengths. If necessary, Ascension can be disabled for the season.

-Hardcore Frames. When you start up hardcore normally, you will be given a list of frames to use. You may pick one frame. This frame is the only frame you will be able to use for that particular playthrough. If you build other frames, you cannot use them. They only count towards leaderboard stats. As said in the leaderboard section, you can have three playthroughs in each season. Each with only one frame. Ascension does not count.

-Ascension. During a season, you can choose a frame to be ascended. This frame will need to meet some set requirements (formas used/level/conclave/time used).  Basically, this frame will be put in to hardcore with slightly heightened stats, and start at level 0, and with no formas. If said frame is used to a certain degree (played a certain amount or formad a certain amount of times), the frame will be returned to your Normal Inventory with higher base stats and the same amount of formas it had before being ascended in to hardcore, at the end of a season. Any frame not used to that degree will be returned to your Normal Inventory, set to level zero, and return to one less than the amount of formas used on it before hardcore (let's say your frame had 3 formas on it when you ascended it and you fail to use it to said degree, you will get it back at level zero and with only 2 formas on it). If said frame dies, it will be returned to normal mode, have all forma removed, and be unusable for the rest of that hardcore season.

-Items/Mods. During a season, you will get mods and items as you would normally, but all build times will be reduced so that it is possible to build as many items as possible. You will be able to get frame parts and build frames, but you will be unable to use them. Any weapons you make will be useable. Any frames/items/weapons that require the dojo will have their BPs put in the market so that dojos are not required.

-Elite(Maybe something other than elite?) Items/Mods. Certain drops and items will be classified as "Elite". These items will be special items that you can pick up or randomly get from building in the foundry. At the end of the season, you can choose to either carry them to future seasons or retire them to Normal Mode. In normal mode, they will have slightly heightened stats. They cannot be transferred back in to hardcore at any point, though. Things such as weapons and mods can be "elite". NO ELITE FRAMES

-Normal Inventory Vs. Hardcore Inventory. They will not be interchangeable, bar Ascended Frames and Elite Items/Mods.

-Matchmaking and Solo Play. Both should be available, but matchmaking should have a big warning label. "If your connection is unstable, play multiplayer at your own risk. Lag deaths could ensue due to connection issues on either your's or your host's part. 

-Platinum would not be usable in hardcore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all I have for now. I feel as though hardcore could add a sort of endgame without adding content that is exclusive in any form other than personal knowledge. Hope y'all enjoy my suggestions.

Quick Edit: Everything would be separate. Even the market. So, the market in normal would be as it is now. In hardcore, though, it would include things only buyable with credits. No platinum can be used.

When I say everything, I mean everything. It will be like having a near exact copy of warframe that has zero interaction with warframe. Currency will not carry, the market of the Normal mode would not carry. It will be completely separated. The only sharing will be Elite Items and Ascended Frames.

I think if people find the white TOO bright it can easily be fixed.

Simply dont use straight white.

Use something very close to white but not quite.

Something off-white.

Like an eggshell color or a very pale foggy periwinkle color.

Also DE you should consider turning old gun mods nobody uses AND the new syndicate augments, into "stances" for guns:

- syndicate weapon augments

- hush

- hawk eye

- stabilizer

- ammo mutations

- continuous misery

- firestorm

- magazine warp

- terminal velocity

- steady hands

- suppress

- trick mag

- fatal acceleration

Take these and make them stances for rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

To maintain balance, let them keep their max values BUT only have 3 possible ranks for fusion.

Meaning the most amount of extra mod points they would give is 3-6.

This is something that needs to happen with these mods because right now most of them almost never get used and it's really quite a shame.

on hiding, enemy AI need to have an exploitable mechanism for returning to the passive (not alerted) state. As of right now, once alerted always alerted. It should be passive, attacking, and searching instead.

Alarms: passive > searching

find player: searching > attacking

lose player: attacking > searching

search pointless: searching > passive

retaliate: passive > attacking

Hardmode:

I'm honestly all for hardmode. Granted, there are definitely other things DE should do before adding another level of gameplay. Also, there are some unfair factors that would make hardcore rage inducing. Some fixes would need to be made.

I also would hate to lose a frame I worked hard for. Same with weapons and anything else I farmed hours for.

You guys who are straight saying no because of that are being very close minded.

What if they design hardcore in a way to where you don't have to use those frames you worked hard for? What if it was designed to be an extension of the game, and not just inserted in to it? I hate when good ideas are shot down because people don't think past what they immediately see.

What would have happened if Automobiles were an idea that was shot down, because they're basically giant hunks of metal going fast enough to kill? What would the world be like if glass was banned because when it broke, it's sharp enough to use as a weapon?

Think beyond what is said. That is how great ideas are formed.

Here is what I posted in the original Hardcore Mode post. I hope it makes some of you realize that the realm of possibilities is endless.

Read my comment on the official thread

Automobiles are not Hardcore mode

The two are not even related

Automobiles had a basic foundation of use

Hc mode offers very little to none of that

1.  Hardcore mode:  I would absolutely play a hardcore mode, but there would need to be hardcore rewards for this risk.  Also the rewards you receive should only be available for use IN this hardcore mode as to not compromise players who do not choose to play this mode, if possible, sort of like diablo's 3's hardcore mode. IE: Have an entirely separate (instance of the game) for hardcore mode.  

What I meen is, I am mastery 17 on the PS4.  However, if I went to hardcore mode, I feel I should be put in an entire new "Region" so to speak - and have to start from scratch - tutorial and everything.  Keep the modes totally separated IMO if this is added.  If that is too much trouble then it is not worth it IMO.

=====

2. I do not get disconnected often at all, but I see people get disconnected from me quite often upon loading into a mission on Ps4 or PC, usually if I send an invite promptly and we are at the start of a mission, this is fine.  I RARELY see people get disconnected 30 waves into something unless it is "their internet" - I feel like if they have been there from the start and get D/c'd at wave 50 - they SHOULD be able to rejoin however, as that is alot of time put in for nothing.  (This seems like it may be very difficult to implement I am not sure)  

I am on the fence with this.  If it's going to cause more problems that it will solve, I think it is ok how it is now. 

=====

3.  I am all for a Hide mechanic being implemented, however - I do think that some stealth frames (Ash/Loki/Mirage/Banshee etc...)  should retain a significant advantage for these type of missions - which I believe they would given their abilities.  As long as they retain noticable stealth advantages over say "Rhino/Nova etc..."  this is fine with me

Side note: Mirage's Eclipse when in darkness: this is very difficult for me to use if not impossible, I have never ever noticed a time when it was helpful, even a little bit.  Even in nighttime missions you are lit up if you aren't in the shadows, which it is very hard to tell if you are or not or when you are going in and out of a "shadowed" area - better indication of safe zones may help this alot (Maybe use this as basis for a Hide mechanic if you do decide to implement one and add something else or remove it from eclipse?  I don't know.. it just seems.. very awkward to me.  Either I don't understand how this ability works, or it doesn't work at all really from what I can tell.  (It feels like Banshee's Silence before it was buffed basically)  

4.  Syndicate only weapons: I feel that these are a great idea, along with earnable armor sets and Syandanas.  I feel that these should even maybe grant rep % boost for say.. owning the full set of armor then another + % boost for full armor set + Syandana, and maybe a tad more for going all out Armor set, weapon, Syandana Sigil. Have these all be absolute max rank things which cannot be traded and see below for more info:

I do not think anything granted either for cosmetic purposes or weapon / blueprint wise - or even mods -- ANYTHING granted from extremely high levels (Perhaps the max rank) of syndicates should be tradable - this will take the uniqueness away.

I think there should also be a point where you have to choose, "ok, I want to be Maxed with Red Veil, so therefore I am sacrficing my right to be above a certain rank with ANY other Syndicate unless I abandon my max rank with Red Veil".  In addition, I think revoking status after being rank 10 (Assuming rank 10 is the max) should also cost a hefty fee to prevent easily switching to and from Syndicates.

Read my comment on the official thread

Automobiles are not Hardcore mode

The two are not even related

Automobiles had a basic foundation of use

Hc mode offers very little to none of that

Read and responded. Things don't need to be directly related for a comparison. Hardcore is an idea. Automobiles were an idea. BOOM, they can be compared.

You do keep throwing around the term "useful". I need to know, though, how do you define useful? Something being useful generally depends on what it's being applied to. So, something being useful in warframe means what? It helps the game? It helps the players? It fulfilling the reason for the existence of gaming (entertainment)? 

"Would you play a hardcore mode in Warframe?"

No. Hell no.

Hardcore/lose character on death is one of the stupidest ideas in the history of video games IMO. It's the main reason why I hate so-called "roguelike" games, and I blame Blizzard and Diablo 2 for popularizing it.

I completely oppose any form of "hardcore" mode in Warframe.

-----------------

Mission Disconnects

Those have mostly been a problem on my old computer due to a longstanding and never-fixed bug in Warframe that causes random FPS drops down to several seconds per frame. These almost always result in a disconnect. While I have a new computer now, that's no excuse for a fundamentally broken game engine. First step is fixing the game engine.

With regards to reconnectivity, IMO that is another "must have". Any half-decent online game will have a reconnect feature. Reconnectivity and recovery from disconnects is one of those "quality of life" features that separates an AAA grade online game from a third-rate Korean MMO.

-----------------

Stealth:

More stealth might be a nice feature, however there are many longstanding balance issues with Warframe that should be fixed before "Stealth 2.0".

-----------------

Syndicate Weapons:

Warframe does not need more weapons at the moment, and in particularly it does not need more exclusives or semi-exclusives. Instead of adding even more weapons, focus on fixing and balancing existing weapons. I'm surprised a Braton Prime buff didn't even make it into the Community Hot Topics.

Perhaps consider syndicate-exclusive weapons later, but right now, balance of existing content needs to be the priority.

Yes we do need that to make stealth viable

I heavily agree

This would work great with the hide mechanic

Do keep in mind though that stealth needs to have some benefit over run and gun, since it is much slower

I would do it sometimes just to entertain myself, but apart from that I would throw stealth back itno some corner, since it costs time and that would defeat the purpose of using it?

Except you make more stealth based mission types, which would justify stealthing, an enjoyable change of pace.

Apart from that a possibility would be to add affinity multiplcators with 5-10x the xp gain/rep gain

I totally agree

Perhaps stealth based missions that give off higher rewards if alarms aren't raised. Meaning Run and Gun is still a possibility, you just wont get as cool loot from it.

The EXP gained from stealth kills should also equal that of a normal mission but with the lower enemy count taken in (if there are 5x more enemies during alert, then it's 5x more EXP during stealth)

That and more stealth based mods (+XX% damage to unalerted enemies)

And I always liked the idea of daggers doing more damage when used in stealth

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Read and responded. Things don't need to be directly related for a comparison. Hardcore is an idea. Automobiles were an idea. BOOM, they can be compared.

You do keep throwing around the term "useful". I need to know, though, how do you define useful? Something being useful generally depends on what it's being applied to. So, something being useful in warframe means what? It helps the game? It helps the players? It fulfilling the reason for the existence of gaming (entertainment)? 

Eh, they kinda do; otherwise the comparison's irrelevant (as is the case here). There's a reason the old saw about "apples and oranges" exists and those are far more closely related by virtue of being food, fruit and mostly round.

I'm all in favor of the Kumbaya, keep an open mind approach, but there's a time and place. This isn't one of them, the game simply isn't a finished state where this is viable and it isn't built for it regardless.

It's extremely likely as-is to have to burn revives through absolutely zero fault of your own, e.g. infinite fall map bugs which have persisted for over a year and a half (indeed, it's entirely possible to spawn into the mission that way, it's happened to me twice this week). Nevermind other spawn shenanigans such as joining a mission in progress and potentially being downed before the mission loads and you can act because you spawned in the middle of a horde.

I think the major driving force behind the call for Syndicate specific weapons is in the fact that the Syndicate weapon mods offered aren't as widely spread as the Warframe mods offered by each group and their associate groups, in terms of desired use of said weapon they apply to.

Chances are between your main/associate group, you'd get a Warframe mod you'd want. But the limitation of the weapon mods to SPECIFIC weapons rather than weapon TYPE? Not so great.

For stealth I'd like to have something like if you remain unnoticed, each stealth kill increases your chances to get a rare drop. So translating it to numbers, let's say you have a default chance of 5% for a rare drop (dunno what is the exact number, but it doesn't matter). A stealth kill increases this by 2-5% (?) each. When you set off an alarm, the modified chance % drops to 0. You have to reset the alarm and go stealth again and build up your % modifier. Of course this means that the drop chances basically lowered for common or uncommon drops during the process. It's more like you put the weight to the other half of the rarity scale :)

Once again, this treads never stays on the main page, almost always don't see them.

--------------------------

I believe stealth needs to be it's own game mode or mission type.

Or else it will be ignored by most players in the squad, or just possible to be played in solo.

Edited by 7grims

Eh, they kinda do; otherwise the comparison's irrelevant (as is the case here). There's a reason the old saw about "apples and oranges" exists and those are far more closely related by virtue of being food, fruit and mostly round.

I'm all in favor of the Kumbaya, keep an open mind approach, but there's a time and place. This isn't one of them, the game simply isn't a finished state where this is viable and it isn't built for it regardless.

It's extremely likely as-is to have to burn revives through absolutely zero fault of your own, e.g. infinite fall map bugs which have persisted for over a year and a half (indeed, it's entirely possible to spawn into the mission that way, it's happened to me twice this week). Nevermind other spawn shenanigans such as joining a mission in progress and potentially being downed before the mission loads and you can act because you spawned in the middle of a horde.

I agree.

Automobiles were an invention.

They were already there when people started judging them

HC-Mode is still in the phase of being an idea and therefore cannot be related to a product that was only introduced, after the idea phase was already finished.

Would you play a “hardcore” mode in Warframe?

No. I don't think a "hardcore" mode is necessary. Maybe revamping "nightmare" mode would make more sense to me. How about in nightmare mode, if you die, your warframe becomes either a) Incapacitated for x amount of days or b) Becomes severely damage and requires x amount of credits and such and such crafting mats [ie, orokin cells, forma, neural sensors, etc.] to repair or c) a combination of both where the repairs take several days to complete after paying the required credits and crafting mats.

How often do you get disconnected while in missions?

Not very often and when I do its usually because my internet service is being dumb.

In your opinion, would you play more stealthily in missions if Warframe had a hide mechanic?

Nope. Hide mechanic is not going to help imo. Still have to get out of cover at some point and the minute you do the entire area is alerted to your presence. And as its been bothering me a lot lately....I would like to add here PLEASE fix Shade (sentinel) his cloak mechanic is almost worthless. It should act more like the Kubrow cloaking. Again, PLEASE review Shade and make adjustments!! Tyvm.

Do you like the idea of syndicate specific weapon rewards?

Yes. They should be much harder to get than anything else in the syndicate rewards system. Maybe something like for surviving 1hr + on Ceres Survival (while wearing the sigil of course) or something along those lines....challenges specific to the syndicate itself. Like the above reference could be for Perrin (as they are Corpus and not fans of Grineer) or maybe those jerks on Ceres didn't pay their debt to Perrin etc. In this type of system I think it would be much more rewarding if the weapons were NOT tradable.

Edited by MINDL3SSVIOLNC3

The Red and White Elephant in the Room

I like the new website, and appreciate the CSS links.  I don't have a problem with you guys going for a lighter theme--it's just the dark text on light background that kills my eyes after playing for awhile.  If anything, it would be nice if we could get some sort of off-white background instead.  But it's hardly a huge issue.

Hardcore Mode
If people want to do it, why not let them do it?  The only thing I would say is that hardcore players should only be able to play with other hardcore players (I don't want to be screamed at because I didn't kill myself trying to revive someone).

Mission Disconnects
Best idea I've heard all week.  However, there needs to be some restrictions to avoid people taking advantage of the system.  For one, if someone dc's and someone else joins, the first person can't rejoin later (obvious).  Second, players shouldn't be able to get rewards for rounds they missed in endless missions.  Third, the dc'd player should have to play at least (~33-50%) of the mission to get the mission reward.  Lastly, joining any other mission should prevent the player for rejoining the original one that they dc'd from (obvious again).  I think this will prevent players from doing a safer version of "afk farming," hopefully.

Stealth Hiding
Greater variety in playstyles can only help the game.  I'd rather see this implemented like Deus Ex, however:  rather than force people to stealth through missions, just let it be an interesting option.

Syndicate Weapons
No problems with this, but they should be trade-able, and more importantly they should be equivalent.  I would hate to see Steel Meridian get Ultimate Boltor Prime, while I'm stuck with Perrin Sequence MK-1 Lato Pink Edition.

Thanks for the round-up, and have a nice day!