November 21St: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

1,898 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

. If we're gunning for a high-risk high-reward game-mode, perhaps we should have high-yield alerts that you can only attempt once, and in which you cannot use revives?

and has conclave restriction, becuse i am quite sure the people crying for a Hardcore mode  is running on 8 forma boltor prime. even on venus

Syndicate Weapons: Might be a lot of effort to develop something that very few people would actually use — syndicate-based alternate skins for existing weapons (or other cosmetics, like sugatra) would be awesome, though.

i could accept skin i guess they don't lock MR from me, but they need to be untradeable, why carry a "badge of honor" of a clan you don't represent

Since we are there, they could add a scratched version of the first syndicate Sigil as a rare drop to death squads, as your "Killer Mark" which could increase the chance, number or power of death squads since you are dishonoring them.

I voted for trade-able syndicates weapons

but if you make syndicates weapons dropped by their death squad

then I won't mind if these weapons are non-trade-able

Stealth

you need a separate mission for that

Hardcore

depends on rewards

Edited by akira_him

Hardcore:  Loss of frame, not interested.  Perhaps not allowed to use for a few days or a week, but no perma-death.  I like the idea of a recovery mission.

Mission Disconnects:  Sometimes (two T4D missions ruined tonight for self and clan mates by disconnects)

Stealth:  Ninja = Stealth; yes much more stealth

Syndicate Weapons:  No; I don't think syndicates should be involved in Mastery Rank at all. {Edit} I like the various ideas for skins and such presented by others.  I could possibly get behind a Syndicate Lab for the dojo.

Edited by AGZaretzka

Hardcore: no imo, because there will be a flame war about this mode.

Disconnections: not d/ced but i always get the "count down" stuck at the last 5 seconds count down, it would be nice if DE look into this?

Stealth: maybe, because in squad of 4 there will be an idiot rhino who will goes berserker (gosh i hate them)

Syndicate weapon: for those who oppose to this, you can get your own syndicate weapon and Syndicate Materials base on the faction you've joined but what about the faction you opposed to? i think trading is a need but they can only trade you the blueprint and the material must be earned from the Syndicate Hunter (new materials or parts for the weapons)

Regarding Syndicate Weapons: I personally would prefer not having the specific weapons be tradable but making them be drops from death squads. I know DE has said that they will be adding stuff to the Syndicates and I assume this extends to the death squads but at the moment death squad mean absolutely nothing in the game. Sure they are a bit of an annoyance but they aren't that hard, they invade a lot more often than any other assassin and they don't drop anything at the moment (I don't even know if they drop resources at least).

By letting weapons be drops and not tradable, it lets people like me that don't like hopping from syndicate to syndicate (I still think people shouldn't be able of joining any syndicate with which they have negative standing) feel as if the weapons have some meaningful exclusivity and it would let completionists have weapons from other syndicates even if they have to grind for them a bit.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

Hardcore mode I will only consider playing if the reward was worth the risk of losing my frame. For example, if the rewards were to scale based on how much EXP I've put into gear I'm about to lose. And it really shouldn't be decided when building the frame, I'd much prefer it as just a separate mission or something.

Stealth?
Don't pretend some little mechanic will do any difference when there are so many flaws at the very core of Warframe's gameplay that render any sort of stealth irrelevant and impossible.

Drop the "space ninjas" moniker already, the game has failed (because it never really tried) to live up to it a long time ago.

While the idea of Syndicate weapons sounds good on paper, DE's track record does not make me overly optimistic about it because:

-lack of proper balancing would just mean that some syndicates would have better weapons than others

-an almost guaranteed plat skip option would just make syndicate weapons a new gating mechanism instead of something to work towards and would cheapen the "feel" of these weapons

just my 2 plat

Hardcore Mode:

No. Warframe have some pretty unfair elements - you can be stunlocked to death, hitscan enemies, one-shotting enemies, auras that can kill you from another room etc. Loosing anything like this is just frustrating.
But I would like to see something like this on Nightmare missions - no respawn. If you die and wasn't revived in time - too bad.

Syndicate Weapons:

Oh yeah, I'm sure as hell like this idea! Don't forget to rump up the costs of these weapons to about 200k!

Hardcore mode is kinda, well, wayyy too punishing with a frame permadeath. Maybe a frame timeout would do (or 'maintenance due to mission induced damage', lore-fitting wise).

Reconnect feature is surely a good addition, although with vastly differrent specs of connection would brought this task a hard time.

Ya know, just straying a little bit from the topic... But when will Braton Prime (and other Prime weapons with less than Prime treatment) get at least some attention in form of Hot Topics mentions?

Edited by Athros

hardcore mode - as an option for certain sadists? sure why not, could give them like 10x rewards or something =P, who knows

hiding mechanic - sounds great, current movement options and level design doesn't really do much for sneaky/stealthy gameplay (although there have been a lot of improvements in some tiles, that should be said), but letting tenno who have stayed undetected get some semi-hidden effects? sure why not

however IMHO the real negative regarding stealth gameplay in warframe is the complete lack of incentive, why stealth a mission when i could just run-n-gun it? the rewards are the same, but i can run-n-gun or rush the mission MUCH faster than trying to be sneaky/stealthy thus i can get more rewards faster by rushing/run-n-gun

for stealth gameplay to be viable ingame there needs to be more missions with consequences, ala new rescue (where detection could mean failure) and/or stealth-specific based rewards, ie you get a special reward table for staying undetected for the whole mission

Syndicate gear - im fine with syndicates having exclusive gear, and im fine with it being tradable, HOWEVER, if you have an opposing syndicates elite gear that you have obtained by trading, i think that should leave you constantly 'marked' by the syndicate, as they would want to hunt down anyone who was not authorized to use their stuff 

additionally, these assassins/mercs/hunting parties need to be more dangerous (ala buffed stalker) to make the tradeoff substantial, otherwise the current syndicate mercs are not enough of a threat

Hardcore: I said maybe, but I'm honestly leaning a bit more towards no.

How often do you get disconnected: Since U15, my load times have primarily quadrupled and disconnects with my friends happen a good amount, not even to stop playing but they still happen.

Stealth:  Hell yeah.  I think Stealth needs more rewards, though...and I can understand it's hard to balance it properly with just going loud so that both are rewarding, but still...

Syndicate weapons:  I'm always good with more weapons.  I'd prefer them to be tradeable, but if not, that's fine-ish.

I would Like more stealth but Legit stealth you'd swear all the enemies are 'Telepathic"  and after you alert them and time goes by and you can be seen the chance of stealth kill is real slim

I like The Whole syndicate Theme and Mods Being Trade-able is Fine, but i want something more than just a Sigil  for being loyal to One and Not Fence Jump

I'd like Hardcore Mode to be different than a simple permadeath crazyness. For example add friendly fire. Plus add a more sophisticated game session creation mechanism, where a player can combine these mutator options (nightmare mutators, enemy level setting, etc.) Players should get additional rewards based on the difference between their level (conclave rating) and the mission difficulty.

Edited by tmtke

The Red and White Elephant in the Room

We’ve been listening to all the feedback on the new forum theme, and we understand that many of you are not happy about the brighter red and white layout. As proud Canadians, we didn’t even think twice about a little (a lot) of red and white! However, we do have plans to continue to improve on the forums and make some changes that help alleviate some of the common complaints. We will not be returning to a dark theme, but we will adjust the forum theme to look more in sync with the new website design. If you’re adamantly against a lighter theme, custom CSS or the Dark Theme will be your best options. In the coming weeks, there will be a variant theme added to the “change theme” link at the bottom left of the forums. We’ll aim to keep most of the Red Text for in-game, and in the meantime, some of the source threads have some interesting custom CSS that anyone can use, and it applies to new, old, or any future themes. 

While I understand that you are proud of being Canadians and a little red and white isnt the real issue.  The factor is the website should be more about Warframe than about Canada.

Warframe isnt a game of shining heroes in a happy setting thats currently suffering some troubles.  It's about a group of being's built for war (mercenaries if you will), trying to restore balance or just make a name for themselves in a setting overrun by war and oppresive forces with a subsuming colonising entity chewing at the edges of the ongoing conflicts feeding off the termoil.

The white/bright theme fits the former but not the latter (honestly had I seen the current website I would have writen off warframe as some heroic high sci-fantasy game, not the gritty wartorn setting and grey moralistic views we have).  Has the concept theme of warframe changed?

I do find it interesting that your bigest competitor for consols (currently) is Destiny (your basically the same market, small co-op sci-fi shooter) and now you have changed to look more like that (that implies you think they are the better game, or atleast your losing faith in the game itself).  Rather than staying distinct and having the themes fitting to what Warframe is.  In doing this you really are selling Warframe short (IMO).

Hardcore Mode:

I wouldnt play this in Warframes current state.  Basically most hardcore games end badlly by a lag spike at the wrong time (something most players that have less than stellar internet would suffer).  While the current state of warframe has far to many issues that cause death without any possible ability for the player to avoid that.  When warframe is more stable and better balanced, I would reconsider.

Either way, it it was included I'd recomend only having hardcore have better drop rates and nothing actually unique to that mode.

Disconnects:

I dont suffer many disconnects as a client but as a host I often have crash issues with 4 players.  How ever I do see disconnects from group members on a fairly regular basis.

Some kind of reconnect ability linked to the player that droped out could be a good idea.

Prehaps even taking this a step further allowing plyers to join a game at any time (so you can play with friends/clanmates), via invites but they forfit the end reward (if the 'objective' is completed) or the award for the end of the stage joined on (ie. join in the middle of stage 3 you dont get the stage 3 awards but 4+ you are eligable for), yet can still gain pickups at the end of mission/stage.

Stealth:

Currently 'stealth' is too binary.  You are either seen or not.  Hiding with the binary aspects isnt going to make me play stealthy any more than than it does now simply because there is no room (we have all had the alarm go off when we were certain no one knew).

Some work first needs to be put into a gradiant stealth system before I can see myself being mroe engaged in actually playing it.

Syndicate Weapons:

Personaly I'm a bit different to others.  I'd prefer weapons to be unique to syndicates, assisting the "feel" and theme of said syndicate.  Having them tradeable works against that theme of having ones specific to your chosen syndicate pointless as you can just be using a weapon of an opposed syndicate.   Thus the weapons may as well just be available to everyone from the outset as the only difference at the end of the day has nothing to do with syndicate you choose to have the favour of at all, given you can just use any syndicates weapon.

That said, to have them unique they would need to be balanced very well with each other so they are all different but no stronger or weaker overall than any other thus true side grades to each other.  I'd also be inclined to say they all count for mastery a only two weapons (ie, if each syndicate has only 1 weapon, mastery is only gained for 2 of those at maximum).

Prehaps skins/variants that award bonus rep (or syndicate charge) for damage done with a syndicate's skined weapon could be the better way to go, than directly having specific individual weapons

Edited by Loswaith

I like the idea of building a new warframe and having ONLY that one set to hardcore mode. However, I don't want someone who doesn't know what they are getting into to farm for and build a nyx (or for that matter nyx prime) and then lose it not knowing what hardcore mode is. 

That being said, these hardcore frames may be something that can only be done for on a duplicate warframe.

Finally, here comes my grand idea! in order to get this hardcore warframe; you build the normal warframe, get a syndicate sigil that you want to dedicate this hardcore warframe to, and finally build a hardcore warframe with the two. The blueprint to which only drops from a higher teir syndicate standing. This hardcore warframe, dedicated to Arbiters of Hexis (representing!) will have:

-double(or just increased) resource pickups, including credits

-increased syndicate standing, including a bonus "sacrifice" standing if the warframe dies 

-double xp on all kills (not just all xp, leeching would defeat the purpose of this mode)

please feel free to give me suggestions to add to this list of bonuses based on the theme/acquisition of this hardcore frame

Edited by RebornNemesis

What Id like, if were going to be adding any mechanic, is some kind of cover mechanic, because enemies have one, for one, and yet i have to grind my face on corners and pretend i have one. We already have stealth, lets improve what we have before we had coolness to it.

Mission Disconnects

This is an urgent need.  Some way to get back would be a good addition, I'm welcome all the change that minimize the damage of disconnection, even small ones.  On the other side of token, I want to see host migration to work everywhere.  I've been in games where it seems dubious how game lost its host right after a boss is defeated like ODA or missions that host migration doesn't exist.  It's hard to know if the host left the game on purpose because the boss didn't drop the loot he/she was looking for, or the person didn't know that his/her was host as they just wanted to quit to save time and start another asap, or just a bad luck disconnection... all kind of possibilities and the frustration that how one person can drag three other people down, so the question is, why do we let the system to allow these things to happen.  

Stealth Hiding

I am for it because it provides an option for newer players with low rank gears and mods who just want to clear nodes but find themselves alone and out-matched by enemies, so at least they can try to complete solo with stealth, even it will take more time. The caveat however is missions like defense, interception, and survival will have less impact.  So the other facet to this is to carefully laying out connecting nodes so players can skip these nodes and keep clearing the rest first, in this regard it has made better after U14's layout.

For a vet player like myself, it can still be applicable if you want to finish a mission while trying to level up stuff, and you can switch to stealth approach if you're overwhelmed, as opposed to running out of revive and have to forfeit and lost all loots.  So the option again is trading time for safety.

The key is how hide is implemented and very importantly, corresponding and appropriate AI changes/upgrades, like multiple alert levels, how enemy alert propagates among themselves, and mechanic like player's last seen location by AI. 

In sum, if it's done right, it's an additional layer of gameplay using same map assets, which I know DE should value greatly, and potentially attracts audience who like stealth.  However, because right now how exp gaining and non end-of-mission loot drop like mods and resources, which require you to kill enemies to get them, running full stealth without touching any enemy wouldn't be beneficial other than just trying to finish a mission.  

So beyond the aforementioned trading exp/loots/time for safety, if DE wants to expand stealth gameplay to full-fledged stealth only missions, more thoughts are needed to put into it, like map size (need to be smaller), how exp and reward are handed out, and how invisibility interacts with stealth mission.  As a preliminary thought, those who run stealth only mission with invisibility-able Warframes and companions would need to have their exp and reward adjusted, otherwise people who can would just rush with Loki or Ash and Huras Kubrow.

Re: mission disconnects, I had to turn my ping settings down to 100 ms in order to get stability.  That means I host missions a lot now since it's somewhat less likely I will find a session in progress.

However, there is a fairly large number of people who join my session and then disconnect right after they appear, or never appear.  My internet connection is 100 Mbps downstream and 15-25 Mbps average upstream so I doubt that's the issue.  That means little since it's the quality of their connection relative to mine, but as far as people to connect to in the Eastern US, I ought to be decent.