Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where All The Black People?

CephalonShy

1 Black guy isn't enough.

We need more races in the game.

Or I'm going to start believing DE thinks in the distinct future there will only be one superior race (Don't take that word to serious, I meant superiority in a "survival of the fittest" way), The White Race and it will be .000000001% of ethnic people left.

And judging from what's going on in reality, it's the opposite.

Edited by Ishki88

I was about to commend the WF community on not allowing this bait thread to devolve into a racial he said/she said-finger pointing, but it seems like i was too late and some people just cant help themselves.

move.lock.

Edited by Hypernaut1

There really isn't an excuse except for maybe poor design in regards to covering all ethnic bases for a game.

You would never see this topic in a GTA forum.

I don't see nothing wrong with adding a bad &#! asian, african, hispanic...german, islander or w/e in the game...it just makes it more versatile....

but to be honest its just easier to keep it the way it is....because they don't want to create for an example..a asian grineer soldier..that speaks grineer with an asian accept............hmm maybe they could find some asian players to do some voice acting XD  or some african players XD  it would be most interesting...and it would benefit the lore w/e that is :^)

You would never see this topic in a GTA forum.

Because, yeah, last time I checked GTA was a game heavily based on ethnicities. A game where, more than often, stereotypes were abused or put on the highlights.

Now in Warframe I have seen people comparing philosophies and cultures as a whole into lore talks like the one about what the Arbiter of Hexis were.

References to the Hagakure, Voodoo, Bushido, Vedics, Arabic and much more. 

People here went way ahead of the skin color, people here learned and talked about styled of life...

But yeah, change the shade of a skin, that's the right way to add variety to a game...

1 honest question here.

Does it really matter?

Noticing it takes away from the aspect of playing. As racial equality hardly plays a part in games other than fuel stereotypes and appease people who focus too much on it. Your running around killing things it shouldn't it matter what race you or they are.

The prime Grineer gene seed could be black... they might all just suffer vitiligo from cloning...

In a world of suits and masks. Really not a easy place to push racial diversity. Just see how long it has taken them to even represent gender diversity on the corpus side. At least they went through the trouble to make sure the corpus bidding counsel was a diverse bunch for a one shot trailer.

Even making multiples of crewmen with different skin shades is really not a high priority because I think its more odd a infested lancer always mutates in the same exact model of charger.

It may just be a current engine limitation as It seems any alternate npc skin needs a separate unique entity. SO you will see in the codex. White crewman, black crewman, Asian crewmen etc. etc.

Edited by Firetempest

Does it really matter all that much? I mean, the Grineer are a bunch of xenophobic clones. They're not only all the same race, the vast, VAST majority, if not all, of them are genetically identical down to the base pair, aside from the deterioration they go through.

The Corpus are all largely faceless most of the time. That or they are robots. There are both a black and asian man on their Board of Directors, so let's just assume that there are also such behind the masks we only occassionally shoot off.

In the end, the vast majority of enemies and characters do not show their face most of the time. Not to mention, we're killing them by the hundreds. Who cares what race they are if we're just going to end up killing them within a few seconds of seeing them? Race really does not matter, like, at all in this game.