The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Primus (No, Not Prime. Yes, I Am Serious.)

cs310

The thing is this: no amount of Dex Excaliburs or Dragon Excaliburs will ever make people who want Excalibur Prime happy. They don't want Dex Excalibur, they want Excalibur Prime. Even if you release a dozen variants, it still won't solve that problem. 

I thought that this may be the case. I suppose the only other solution is to put in big red letters on the front page of the forums "FOUNDERS STUFF IS  EXCLUSIVE, GET OVER IT" Joke aside, i guess that there really is nothing that can be done on this issue.

Also, Dragon Excal sounds AWSOME. I want one so bad now :(

Edited by superdk90

that doesn't even begin to make up for it. It's a skin, not a new frame, so the mastery issues still there, plus it's basically a slightly higher quality version of a skin they had already designed so almost no work was needed to put it out there.

The only way to make up for it is to release a frame that only non-founders can have, plus two weapons, or re-release Excalibur prime.

They don't have to make up for anything, if you were late to the party or unable to buy it, that's...too bad, to be blunt.

I mean, you don't see me running around the forums, screaming about how they should re-release the Prime Access gear that I missed, because that'd be silly.  Also, to address your earlier point, do realize that if they pulled a stunt like that, that you'd breach everyone's trust, not just Founders.  I feel that a lot less people would be willing to pay for those Prime Accessories or get the big packages anymore if they realized that DE would be willing to stab them in the back for a short burst of cash.

Oh, and, y'know, screwing over your core, oldest fanbase for a short term profit has very rarely, if EVER worked.

Edit:On that note, it burns me every day(over-exaggerating, but I do feel a bit of a pang every time I see one) that I don't have the awesome Misa or Noru Syandanas...I still wouldn't want them to be re-released.

Edited by UFOLoche

that doesn't even begin to make up for it. It's a skin, not a new frame, so the mastery issues still there, plus it's basically a slightly higher quality version of a skin they had already designed so almost no work was needed to put it out there.

The only way to make up for it is to release a frame that only non-founders can have, plus two weapons, or re-release Excalibur prime.

heres the thing. y is mastery an issue. it not that big of an xp gap. I was playing with someone who was 17 who did not have the founders exclusives. that is the exact same level .  the proto armor may not make up for somethingthat doesnt need to be made up. but its exclusive none the less. and I love this. why? because I can be differentiated from everyone else. the xp wont matter. because theres 12+ weapons in the vault that put them a head of you regardless. 2 weapons and a frame will neer change that

Edited by DubstepArcher

I thought that this may be the case. I suppose the only other solution is to put in big red letters on the front page of the forums "FOUNDERS STUFF IS  EXCLUSIVE, GET OVER IT" Joke aside, i guess that there really is nothing that can be done on this issue.

Also, Dragon Excal sounds AWSOME. I want one so bad now :(

I'm all for releasing variant skins. They should do them for all warframes.

But it won't ever solve the Excal Prime issue. Nothing will. Personally, I'm glad DE is sticking to their guns on this one. It just shows that they have more integrity than the rest of the game industry.

Despite it should be evident by the lack of badge here on the forum, please note I am no founder.

From a very economical point of view, DE selling another round of Founder Packs (Maybe as a Prime Access.) would give them a lot of money.

As you said, a lot of people is playing now. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people would pay even a largely overpriced amount of money for such a thing. I'm sure a scary amount of this forum users would even go as far as  $1000 just to post a trollface aimed at all the founders.

And even if DE would lost the trust of people who had paid for stuff, the keyword is paid, something of the past.

The angered founders could do nothing but leave the game, but they had already paid and the new players could be led toward thinking that someday even the events' items could return as paid content.

And, again, no one could do anything about it.

That said, that's why I respect and approve of their decision.

Because they choose to uphold morals rather than pursue an huge financial gain.

They wouldn't lose just money, they would lose PLAYERS, aka the lifeblood off the game. I know that when I first found out about the whole founders thing, I was about to do just that. The only thing really keeping me in the game was the fact that I spent more than 10 times what founders did on it, and put in more hours then any other game in my life! Otherwise, I don't care how fun a game is, if I'm locked out of core content solely because they decided to say screw you too every PS4 player and end it right before the release, then I'd drop the game like a rock.

They wouldn't lose just money, they would lose PLAYERS, aka the lifeblood off the game. I know that when I first found out about the whole founders thing, I was about to do just that. The only thing really keeping me in the game was the fact that I spent more than 10 times what founders did on it, and put in more hours then any other game in my life! Otherwise, I don't care how fun a game is, if I'm locked out of core content solely because they decided to say screw you too every PS4 player and end it right before the release, then I'd drop the game like a rock.

Excal Prime is not core content. 

that is probably the stupidest thing i've ever read. saying to release something for the general public but keep founders out. founders are part of the general public. excal prime won't be re-released. also this screams "i want to be a special flower"

that is probably the stupidest thing i've ever read. saying to release something for the general public but keep founders out. founders are part of the general public. excal prime won't be re-released. also this screams "i want to be a special flower"

I think he meant to say that everyone can have it, not just founders.

While I agree with this, one thing you have to realize is that with every day the number of founders compared to non-founders shrinks. The more new players, the more angered by the exclusivity. Eventually the ratio will be so high that founders will be insignificant compared to everyone else and DE will risk losing a lot of players over it vs a small chunk of founders.

There's millions of players already, and that number is continuing to grow, DE needs to know that they stand to lose more regular players then founders with their current choice.

While you do have a point on the ratio of of Founders to non-Founders becoming smaller as time goes on, it's still very silly to think DE would lose any sizeable number of players because of ONE exclusive frame. If someone is so absurdly angered by this exclusivity that they leave, that's just dumb.

no he said release a frame that everyone but founders can get. it seriously sounds like a kid saying they want to be special 

I know, but I'd like to believe he didn't mean that, because it sounds absurd.

Sorry if you did mean that, though, SCP.

Edited by 13.42