Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Strictly Forbidden Of Sharing Design Council Information?

.Talia.

Question

For example posting about the new augment mods on a facebook group could get me in trouble, such as having my design council privileges revoked or getting me banned? I know this is a stupid question but i shared something and some guys are overreacting. I don't share these things on the forums but on external websites such as reddit people leak that kind of stuff all the time and no one gets in trouble, am i right or wrong?

We cannot control what you put out into mass media, and we can also not ban you from the forums for doing so.

DE may decide to revoke your access at their discretion, but there is no set rule that says you can't. I can only ask that you don't. Hype is always ruined when someone leaks something. Makes things feel bland when they come out after knowing about it for more than a month.

Punishments may come for doing so on the forums, starting with a PM and escalating to warnings.

We are generally forbidden from leaking information pretty much anywhere.
If DE can link the leak back to you then you could have your DC acess revoked for a period of time, or even permanently.
This has actually happened before.

DE has stated that we are not to share leaks from the DC or other sources not open to the general public.

So Do not do it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just because someone else leaks it doesn't mean you should too.

DE said no, respect their wish, don't be a poophole.

But did they? Cause i don't see any topic saying that on the Design Council.

We are generally forbidden from leaking information pretty much anywhere.

If DE can link the leak back to you then you could have your DC acess revoked for a period of time, or even permanently.

This has actually happened before.

DE has stated that we are not to share leaks from the DC or other sources not open to the general public.

So Do not do it.

Do you have a source for that information? Or is that just your opinion.

Edited by RexSol

Its a trust deal that you WILL NOT DO IT AT ALL... I usually keep all that secret(unless I need to hint -the sunglasses hint- due to something serious like blinding everyone to death with a WHITE website.). However its entirely up to you as DE can't trace to you, but  I would do DE the favor of staying hush hush.

Edited by Arlayn

I thought they fired people when critical design council stuff got leaked? This is just a rumor though.

My guess is that you guys are forbidden, since design council leaks on forums get taken down almost instantly, third party websites are kinda left alone mostly coz DE cant force them to take stuff down, but my guess is that you shouldn't share em just to be safe.

From what I remember from a similar topic like a whole year ago, DE doesnt like leaks.

DE has stated new augment mods are being made with DC, but other than that, nothing else may be talked about it, on your own risk.

There is a contract once you bought the pack anyways.

Not everyone who's in the Design Council went through the Founder's Access. I can personally attest to this.

In the case that you did sign an NDA by going through the founder's program (I have no idea if you had to), then you may be under legal obligation to withhold information. 

Please read the contract before deciding what you wish to do.

Moved to a more appropriate subforum.

If some DE or a Moderator send me a msg saying Hey man, please don't share that stuff. I would definitely obey. 
If there was a pinned topic on the Design Council saying that we shouldn't share that information, i would definitely obey.

this is non-related: how do you get on design council?

How does one join the Design Council?

-Are there any requirements

-Or is it just exclusive?

BTW not in DC but the way you are eligible for being in the DC is if you do your best so support the game, give critical feedback, etc. Usually the way you can tell is if multiple DE staff members look at your account, not because you got a warning point or did a no no on the forums. [DE]Adam is the guy who usually does this stuff with DC indoctrinations.

If some DE or a Moderator send me a msg saying Hey man, please don't share that stuff. I would definitely obey. 

If there was a pinned topic on the Design Council saying that we shouldn't share that information, i would definitely obey.

Consider this that message:

Please do not share information that you hear or see on the Design Council to the general public.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-community-rules-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

The most we have, I believe, is Rule 2a.