Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Nova The Next Prime Warframe?

Dio_Brando

If you haven't seen the pics on the warframe reddit page, Nova prime was spotted being piloted by DE STEVE, during the hubs stress testing. My question is why? Trinity came out way before Nova ever did,  and it was supposed to be the older frames first. Then again trinity just recently got her immortal skin so who knows. My guess is because Nova would sell better. 

eq0Fswc.pngaidOARF.jpg

Edited by Dio_Brando

If you haven't seen the pics on the warframe reddit page, Nova prime was spotted being piloted by DE STEVE, during the hubs stress testing. My question is why? Trinity came out way before Nova ever did,  and it was supposed to be the older frames first. Then again trinity just recently got her immortal skin so who knows. My guess is because Nova would sell better. 

don't foget saryn there o.o

and it was supposed to be the older frames first.

fun fact - Nyx and Frost are newer Warframes than some of the others that have been around longer, yet they have a shiny gold version.

'only oldest first' is definitely not how it's being determined. might as well be random.

That's not how it works, mate.

Older frames are more likely to get primed first, but it's not a rule.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Nova is played more as of late than Trinity, they would rather give something the user base wants other than something that they will just nerf right away.

I.E. Releasing Trinity prime? Better nerf her hp! 

.Edit: HAS NO ONE THOUGHT THAT IT COULD BE THE NEXT PRIME ARMOR? LIKE SERIOUSLY... 

Edited by RushedByBlade

They are probably working on several prime warframes, but like everything, some aspect get finished before others, maybe the quality or appeal of the other primes wasn't quite as good as the current primes, so they needed to be checked once again.

Minky (i think) has stated in a livestream that sometimes they realize that the work they are working on needs to be revisited or redone, maybe that is what happened and that's when they looked towards nova who was probably ready in aesthetics compared to other "work in progress" primes

Same thing for helmets or anything else in warframe, sometimes they take what's finished and release that instead of wasting time with something that needs to be done because the players said so.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

On a more serious note, it may just be whatever Mykni and the Art team have inspiration for. Maybe they were mulling around Trinity or Saryn Prime, but weren't confident that they could get a prime design that met their personal standards up and ready, however, Nova Prime was already something they were thinking about, and managed to create a basic design for her rather quickly. They decide then, to focus on Nova Prime so that they can make sure Prime Access is ready before it's deadline on the holidays.

This is speculation.

I believe in an old old old devstream Mynki and Steve agreed that popular frames have a high chance of being primes. Nova is very popular pre and post change. Her aoe debuff is still usefull, and AMD is potentially the highest damaging skill in the game (ties with absorb). Also speed nova is a thing that's very popular on sechura.

How they look to others is personal preference. I hate most of the primes because honestly they look hideous to me.

That's true. But she didn't look that "prime" if you ask me. Even after seeing the picture, I would still be VERY surpriced if she was actually the next prime. Not that I care though, but I do feel it would be a break of trust from DE, due to the Prime release pattern and previous statements.