The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Is My Personal Most Hated Frame

XxCurtennoxX

The same I can say about your style of gameplay. Using boring weapons and taking ages to kill dudes. You need to remember all of this works both ways.

I dont need to spam 4 to kill them fast, my weapons are fast enough, and if u find weapons boring idk why u still play the game. The fact here is not use ability and kill them all, its the abuse. Im sure u rly like and have awesome fun watching a player nuke all rooms and u just stand and watch, if thats your opinion on fun. If i wanted watch play i would go watch streams. The problem is the spam, press 4 every new room and use 3/4 restores to fill energy fast and go again, thats broken and boring. This game is to be played with abilties and weapons, not abilities only or weapons only, so your statement is wrong.

If u take ages to kill aim better because even with support frames like banshee or nyx i can still beat total kills on team, and this isnt the point here on this thread anyways.

Using ability on large crowd is different from spamming all the way even with 3/4 mobs.

Seriously, Excalibur makes every single game SO BORING. I join Kappa, planning to level my forma'd Amprex. And guess what? There's an Excalibur sitting in one place pressing his 4 button every few seconds. This leaves me quite literally running about trying to find ANY enemy to kill for myself.

At least he kills things, a newly forma'd Amprex is going to take forever to get a kill. Besides, if you are only carrying your Amprex then it gets more XP with your allies getting all the kills than if you were to do it with the Amprex (75% of the enemies affinity vs 50%). Compare that to the nothing you would get if you decide to swap weapons or use your own Warframe abilities so you can get some actual kills.

Thats because players suck and want steal all kills from team and have more XP

There is no XP bonus for getting a kill. They do get some XP from using their skills, but nothing stops you from doing the same.

I stand there and watch as Excal does his animation... definitely nothing to do with syndicates! I understand other frames have nuke skills but excal seems to be the biggest offender.. and I don't fancy soloing all the time in a "team-based" game xD

it would have to be a hardcore deliberate build to do what your talking about. Even I have all my mods more focused on survival with Vigor, Vit, Redirection, Rage, Quick thinking everything needed to stay alive. They would need natural talent, and mods to make the 4th use less energy including the corrupted mods. There is just no way they could be spamming it fast enough to steal every kill with, and ONLY with the 4th ability. Its slow, and clunky for one, and normal modding wouldn't even give it enough distance to clear entire rooms.

At least he kills things, a newly forma'd Amprex is going to take forever to get a kill. Besides, if you are only carrying your Amprex then it gets more XP with your allies getting all the kills than if you were to do it with the Amprex (75% of the enemies affinity vs 50%). Compare that to the nothing you would get if you decide to swap weapons or use your own Warframe abilities so you can get some actual kills.

There is no XP bonus for getting a kill. They do get some XP from using their skills, but nothing stops you from doing the same.

Did I say it was newly forma'd? It was a 4 forma'd lvl 20 amprex. Capable of kills perfectly if excal didn't spam 4.

I dont need to spam 4 to kill them fast, my weapons are fast enough, and if u find weapons boring idk why u still play the game. The fact here is not use ability and kill them all, its the abuse. Im sure u rly like and have awesome fun watching a player nuke all rooms and u just stand and watch, if thats your opinion on fun. If i wanted watch play i would go watch streams. The problem is the spam, press 4 every new room and use 3/4 restores to fill energy fast and go again, thats broken and boring. This game is to be played with abilties and weapons, not abilities only or weapons only, so your statement is wrong.

If u take ages to kill aim better because even with support frames like banshee or nyx i can still beat total kills on team, and this isnt the point here on this thread anyways.

Using ability on large crowd is different from spamming all the way even with 3/4 mobs.

There are no weapons that would kill faster than certain abilities (we're talking about star chart and missions like original poster has mentioned e.g Kappa) I never said that I find weapons boring and judging by your use of English it seems that you simply didn't understand me. There are weak weapons and players tend to use them while effectively slowing the process of killing enemies. For me, this is boring but I don't make threads like "weapons are stupid, everyone should use abilities instead".

I don't mind people nuking everyone around - it means that I'll be getting experience and syndicate reputation even faster.

You say that using restores and abilities to quickly kill everyone is broken and boring? No, it is a legitimate tactic and if DE wanted to discourage it they would have prevented it by either removing restores or making abilities less spammable. Right now, this is just one way of playing and it is up to the players to choose their approach to completing missions. 

It's only you who thinks that this is boring. It's your opinion, not a fact. You also mention that the game is meant to be played with both abilities and weapons together. No. This is only what you think. There is no "proper" way of playing as long as their are different warframes/weapons/items to be used during missions. This sort of reminds me of Call of Duty games in which there are campers/grenade launchers and other tactics that other players find "cheap". As long as an item or an ability is in the game it is up to the players how they want to use them.

Also, I don't know why do you need to question my aim and why do you brag about having most kills.

There are no weapons that would kill faster than certain abilities (we're talking about star chart and missions like original poster has mentioned e.g Kappa) I never said that I find weapons boring and judging by your use of English it seems that you simply didn't understand me. There are weak weapons and players tend to use them while effectively slowing the process of killing enemies. For me, this is boring but I don't make threads like "weapons are stupid, everyone should use abilities instead".

I don't mind people nuking everyone around - it means that I'll be getting experience and syndicate reputation even faster.

You say that using restores and abilities to quickly kill everyone is broken and boring? No, it is a legitimate tactic and if DE wanted to discourage it they would have prevented it by either removing restores or making abilities less spammable. Right now, this is just one way of playing and it is up to the players to choose their approach to completing missions. 

It's only you who thinks that this is boring. It's your opinion, not a fact. You also mention that the game is meant to be played with both abilities and weapons together. No. This is only what you think. There is no "proper" way of playing as long as their are different warframes/weapons/items to be used during missions. This sort of reminds me of Call of Duty games in which there are campers/grenade launchers and other tactics that other players find "cheap". As long as an item or an ability is in the game it is up to the players how they want to use them.

Also, I don't know why do you need to question my aim and why do you brag about having most kills.

Your wrong again. For star chart any weapon works, they do the task perfect, all the depends on modding same as warframe. So the same way u need to mod abilities to nuke rooms u have to mod weapons. 1st of im not the only one saying its boring, as u may know the OP did it 1st and u are part of few people that find watching others players nuke entire rooms for entire game amuzing and fun. The OP stated the abuse of abilities, camping in one spot behind cover and kill them all through walls and probabily reaching spawns, this is how major of these cheap players do.

I didnt brag anywhere, that was a fact that not using killing abilities u can have most kills on team, if u say i dont understand english i guess u are another one who doesnt.

Ill will state again as u seem not to understand very well: im not against using abilities to wipe out a room, im against the abuse and spam, making it boring for the team and the stupid and cheap press "4" and "w" gameplay, that IS broken, its a fact not opinion.

oh wow.. no.

there's solo mode and friend list you know.

don't ruin others fun because they don't cater to yours.

i love warframe because there's so many viable playstyles.

- run n gun.

- press 4 to clear rooms.

- tactical (radial disarm, limbo, etc)

- rushing.

- exploring.

- insert your own playstyle.

:)