Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Got You Introduced To Warframe?

TheFapman69

I'm kinda sure this has been done already, but eh oh well.

I got introduced by a live stream done by Cryaotic (waiting for anyone to know him) I caught last year around March I believe. I remember how awesome I thought the game looked even in its much more different form and voices like Grineer sounding nothing like they do now. A little while after the stream I went to the site and made an account and downloaded the game... and than deleted it. Mostly for school reasons and bad relationship stuff. But a year later I see the game on Steam again and figured eh screw it I'm running out of stuff to play and the game seems a lot better than it did the first time I saw it, plus I never got to try it at first. And since that day I actually sat down and tried Warframe, I never looked back. Almost 850 hours later and I'm still loving my time here.

I found it through a friend on Vindictus (hence my username) and yeah... I joined right before U14 though, so a few months ago. Basically before the traditional starmap disappeared.

And since then, Mastery 9, 449 registered hours, great friends, clan, lots of weapons and frames, etc. c:

Edited by Vindictus23

This was one of my very early games that I downloaded when I finally got a decent laptop to run anything. I was just searching through Steam and saw Warframe. I've bumped into this game before when i saw a video of someone doing a first impression, totally forgot who it was, so I downloaded it, along with other games. Now the rest just sits there gathering dust while I play Warframe. :D

I kept getting ads on youtube about the game and after some time i got tired of finding warframe publicity everywhere so i decided to try it out and ever since i've been pretty much addicted to the game and it's the only game i keep coming back to play.

I was watching SomeOrdinaryGamers ( Mutahar ) narrate a creepypasta and he had the game play in the background. In fact I think it was the Russian Sleep Experiment ( Which in retrospect sleep/warframe kinda fits story ).

He didn't mention the game at all except in the description so it caught my interest.

After quitting World of Warcraft, which at the time was a major form of stress relief for me, I searched for a new game that could match up to my tastes. I came across Warframe in a small little "list of upcoming multiplayer games" and gave it a shot. When I saw it was DE and I saw the Lotus symbol? I instantly remembered Dark Sector, a game which stole my mind with a fairly imaginative and ambitious story. Learning that Warframe had continuity to this game and seeing the Excalibur frame further sent me over the edge with hype. After playing a short while, I quickly became a Grand Master founder with the hopes of helping push this game further up on the ladder and buying Prime Access every release. DE has shown how brilliant and hard working they are. They've crafted this free to play gem that I love for its game play, art design, music, lore, everything! I always mention it to friends both new and old, and have recruited quite a few to this game in the process. I hope this game continues to grow, seeing it come this far has already been both a privilege and honour. 

Edited by Sixnalia

A recommendation from a facebook page about Marauder Shields.

Only reason I didn't ignore it immediately was because  -- at that point in time -- I was playing Global Agenda's Umax pretty much every day, trying to get my fix of satisfying squad-based coop.

I have always enjoyed PvE shooter games with RPG elements. I think I was fed up with seeing hackers, graphics problems and having bad times on Planet-Side 2 so when I went looking for a new PvE shooter and found Warframe and later Defiance. I stayed with Warframe because I had no issues with stability or security while Defiance had people running around one shotting bosses and mowing down events with hacked MG's. Warframe also did not do classic evil things like mess with my screen or anything, while Defiance had this offensive flashy, beepy, inconsistently controlled U.I. on it with way too many layers.

To this day, 1yr8mo later, I argue all over the boards about systems and changes and balance and this and that but the most basic gameplay just running around using cover and shooting stuff, occasionally using quick melee, still feels really good.

I have always said and continue to maintain: as long as I'm seeing new guns, tiles and reasons to forma/level stuff I'll be here playing and spending.

Edited by VKhaun

Me and my friend were bored and my friend being bored went on the Free to Play section on Steam.

He looked at Warframe and was like "hey wanna try this it actually looks good"

I just was like I unno it's a F2P and watched gameplay.

Immediately said let's give it a whirl.

my son discovered this game and played it for a week or so and talked me into giving it a try. he kept saying how much fun it would be for us to play together, so i gave it a shot. the next day he quit playing. and here it is now almost 1700 hours of play time and i'm still going at it.