Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Likes To Hide Their Syndicate Sigils Away?

Renegade343

Renegade's reason for not doing it is good enough for me, by the way. If they're getting flak for it regularly, then by all means hide it.

Which brings back to my point, someone is going to go out of there way to do something because a random person on the internet disagrees with a choice they made in a video game. Why would you even care, like seriously..

Which brings back to my point, someone is going to go out of there way to do something because a random person on the internet disagrees with a choice they made in a video game. Why would you even care, like seriously..

Not just a random person. 

Multiple random people. 

Really, I sometimes like to play without having my screen constantly be updated by stuff about why X Syndicate is bad and why their Syndicate is king. And sometimes without having to hear (Note: Hear as in audio) that too. 

I know players are going to have a few reservations about different Syndicates, but please try not to be annoying about it. 

Young males tend to gauge themselves by their status in video games. So if there is a fault in that they try to make up for it. Hence the reason he tries to hide it.

I usually have them invisible or nearly so.  I could care less what other players think of what syndicate I'm with, the things just don't blend well because you can't control the size enough to squeeze them into a "flat" spot on the body so they wind up spread over a couple different features.

Because it is obnoxious when they stop silently disagreeing, and start slinging insults. It's as simple as that. If it happens often enough that's a valid reason to remove the cause.

What the crap are you talking about?

I'm acknowledging a mistake I made that I thought you were sarcastically correcting. If that wasn't the case oh well, corrected anyway.

Edited by Archeyef

The question is in the title (for this thread, at any rate). 

As for me, I tend to just camouflage my Syndicate sigils into the colours of my Warframes (or lazily set Alpha to minimum), just to receive less unnecessary flak from some players every now and then. What about you?

I have yet to come across anyone who has given me flack for my sigil. And you'd think I would, since people seem to love to take jabs at New Loka.

Is this a common thing? Am I just really lucky not to have had it?

Not just a random person. 

Multiple random people. 

Really, I sometimes like to play without having my screen constantly be updated by stuff about why X Syndicate is bad and why their Syndicate is king. And sometimes without having to hear (Note: Hear as in audio) that too. 

I know players are going to have a few reservations about different Syndicates, but please try not to be annoying about it. 

It really does suck that you're getting grief for something that's a free choice. Personally, I've never had any issues but, between having Voice Chat stuff on permanent mute and sticking to solo/friends only matches, I'm not seeing that many people. And admittedly those are the only options I can think of. Short of making sure to swap to Clan Tab when you start a mission with Randoms, I don't have much more suggestions I can make. You shouldn't have to feel bad cause you picked something you like the look of.

Yet...this is the human race in a nutshell; a collection of mostly ok people with a few jerks who make things a lot worse than it needs to be or actually is. For what it's worth, I'd be more interested in seeing what Sigil you pick with what frame and positioning, purely out of aesthetic curiosity.

Re: Archeyef

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I've got a New Loka Sigil on every single one of my main Warframes, catered to what Aspect I think the Warframe represents in relation to a said Sigils, yet no one's called me out, mocked me or generally given me trouble for my choices. Maybe it's because I run Trinity a lot, maybe it's because I just play support either way, no grief. I highly doubt it's down to the various posts I've made concerning New Loka around the forums, seeing as there I basically point out that I'm basically using the Sigil for my own purposes more than anything else.

Of course, seeing as my Modus Operandi in Public matches is to keep people alive, protect the objective and give everything I can to try and save people who're downed, I guess folks might not be willing to irritate the only person trying to get everyone safely through a mission.

Out of curiosity, do you have a favourite Sigil for New Loka? I'm quite fond of them all, but Humanity, Clarity, Purity, Bounty and Bloom are my top 5.

So far as Perrin go, I just love the Opportunity and Progress Sigils for looking like they're straight out of ReBoot. ReBoot was awesome...

Heck, of my Clanmates, I'm the only person not allied with Steel/Hexis/Suda. Only reason I added Red Veil to the list was because I learned that's where the Bo Prime handle they need drops from; currently I'm looking likely to need to acquire a good...375,000 standing with New Loka to get them the mods that they'd like, along with the Sancti Castanas. It's nice being able to help people, you know?

Even if it means Hexis are ironically trying to get me killed. Maybe that's why they hate the Red Veil? Making it too easy for Tenno to climb their ranks or what not?

I cant really get them in a place I like usually. if you could make them smaller, and there was a bit more leeway on placement, they could look snazzy (would love to get the wreath sigil between the chestplates on my trinity, but cant get it small enough or high enough)

Short of making sure to swap to Clan Tab when you start a mission with Randoms, I don't have much more suggestions I can make. You shouldn't have to feel bad cause you picked something you like the look of.

I know, but sometimes, I feel bad if, for instance, there was an actual rare resource or mod, and I did not mark it and tell them what the resource/mod is (because players deserve to have something nice. At least once.). 

Edited by Renegade343

-snip- (sorry, post would've been too long otherwise)

I generally do the same. Support/manipulation is just kinda my thing. I also make an effort to rez people when they get downed, if it's possible. Maybe that's got something to do with it, having a supportive playstyle.

My favorite Loka Sigils are Humanity and Growth. Though Bounty is good too.

For Perrin it's the Chairman, Optimum, and Strategy sigils.

I've also started working on Arbiters, and by proxy Suda. I'm planning on alternating between Arbiters and Perrin, to keep Suda and Loka standing from tanking. First I want to get Perrin's standing completely maxed though, so I can work on Arbiters longer.