The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyra Prime Is Terrible, It Needs Rework.

Zareek

I think the design is great! I love the "wings", but the lack of that traditional Orokin gold trim has left me puzzled.

First off, can anyone enlighten me on what "PBR" stands for?

I also feel like you shouldn't be able to recolor the gold trim on primed things, did DE ever state this was ever going to change? If not I think that might be a bug (I hope it is, I like my golden primes).

Edited by Radford_343

Physics Based Rendering, from what I understand it helps the materials look more like they should. Metals look more like actual metal and shiny. You can really tell on some of the weapons like the Gammacor and the Opticor. Means with the right color choice on a metal you should be able to get close if not replicate the Prime gold trim.

Edited by Amethyst_Orbweaver

Physics Based Rendering, from what I understand it helps the materials look more like they should. Metals look more like actual metal and shiny. You can really tell on some of the weapons like the Gammacor and the Opticor

Ah, thank you!

Edit: I understand that the PBR is meant to make surfaces appear as they should, or look more realistic maybe. If that is the case on the new Pyra Prime, they have failed to replicate the golden trim they have on virtually all other prime gear. I find that suspicious.

I still think this is a bug until confirmed otherwise by DE or any other official source.

Edited by Radford_343

I was going to buy this since the regular pyra looked sooo good on my Loki Rhino and Ember primes but then I see this garbage.

The box is literally as big as the wings by themselves. Its essentially a jetpack without the function of one.

The least thry could do is shrink the box down A LOT and give the wings more wingspan with gold framework inside it.

Other than that Id request to buy the sigil by iteself not the syandana

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

What's happening here is being relayed to the artists as we speak. For the first time ever this Prime gear has tintable metal (common request). The default on Nova is gold, and the Pyra Prime seems to have no default which is problem number 1.

Problem number 2, the above screenshot shows the same tint (just randomly chose an orange) applied to both metals. The discrepancy in how this tint is translated is noted, as well as the design overall.

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

What's happening here is being relayed to the artists as we speak. For the first time ever this Prime gear has tintable metal (common request). The default on Nova is gold, and the Pyra Prime seems to have no default which is problem number 1.

Problem number 2, the above screenshot shows the same tint (just randomly chose an orange) applied to both metals. The discrepancy in how this tint is translated is noted, as well as the design overall.

Alright, thank you for the response!

I understand that the recolorable trim is intended, which is fine, its good to have it confirmed. I think having a default gold color that matches previous gold trim as well as fixing the way that particular piece of the syndana is rendered so that it actually looks like "old" primed stuff would go a long way.

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

Will the artists also go back to potentially tintable metal for past frames?

Edit : ninja'd by AM-bunny. >.<

Edited by unknow99

This wouldnt be a problem for me if it didnt mean that I have to recolor my other accessories(shoulder armor etc.) at the same time.

What other " prime" stuff have you seen without gold? And a prime worth 49 dollars none the less.

I dunno. I always kinda wanted un-primed versions of the other two syandanas, too. Having the gold clashes with normal frames. Actually having the option to add the gold seems like a nice plus in my eyes.

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

Biggest flaw is its overall design though. Nothing about it screams orokin or prime. Even if they did make it gold by default, it still would't feel like a 50 dollar worth primed syandana. Harsh statement, but I'm quite disappointed in it's design, and I had really looked forward for a new syandana, especially when looking back at Misa.

They should have just cycled misa prime or noru prime back into the prime access accessories package. After seeing some decent shots of the new prime syandana, I've decided not to get it. I'm not a huge fan of the normal pyra either, I mean, this might look really good on ember prime but not so much for any other frames, in my opinion. Would have much rather had a chance at Misa or Noru.

That and a prime sigil? What a joke. At least the sugatras in the past actually add some coolness to your weapons, but a sigil? Come on, you've got to be kidding me. Sigils are neat and all, but this just feels like a waste of an accessory slot in the Prime Access package.

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

Yup. I love the "tintable metal". Just fix the other two problems...

And here is the third problem, need to make all previous Primes all "tintable metal" as well and we are good. :D

For the first time ever this Prime gear has tintable metal (common request). The default on Nova is gold, and the Pyra Prime seems to have no default which is problem number 1.

THANK YOU!

I do agree that the default should look somewhat gold to satisfy those with a craving for some Au, but thank you!!

I'm so sick of having this awful yellow metal being an eyesore anytime I use a prime item. Given how many times this has been requested, it's definitely a step forward in customization.

THANK YOU!

I do agree that the default should look somewhat gold to satisfy those with a craving for some Au, but thank you!!

I'm so sick of having this awful yellow metal being an eyesore anytime I use a prime item. Given how many times this has been requested, it's definitely a step forward in customization.

yes cool great awesome but now for us that actually get this for the gold trims have to recolour the rest of our armour, and maybe even frame just so the colours work out

My main problem with this thing (was looking forward to it, so I bought it very quickly. I use normal Pyra on almost all my frames) is how big the box is. Luckily my weapons cover that thing most of the time, but it's not fitting for a Prime Syandana. The normal Pyras "Backpack" was going into borderline territory (depending on Frame/Colours = visibility).

@Rebecca This thing needs another look from the artists. On your screenshot, that Syandana looks like a backpack. All that's missing is an ability negating shield and we have become nullifiers.

My main problem with this thing (was looking forward to it, so I bought it very quickly. I use normal Pyra on almost all my frames) is how big the box is. Luckily my weapons cover that thing most of the time, but it's not fitting for a Prime Syandana. The normal Pyras "Backpack" was going into borderline territory (depending on Frame/Colours = visibility).

@Rebecca This thing needs another look from the artists. On your screenshot, that Syandana looks like a backpack. All that's missing is an ability negating shield and we have become nullifiers.

I quoted you on my OP. I hope that's okay. That statement was perfect,

I'd definitely like some better images of these accessories before I spend the money on them. Path of Exile devs put in video examples of their cosmetics in action. Would like to be able to see what the accessories look like on my frames before buying.

Edited by Dohick3y