The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De The Soma Prime Having A Mr Lock Of 0 Is Bs!

Halisi

Wait... what?!

Seriously, the only thing about Warframe that REALLY irks me is bad Mastery Rank requirements.  

Mastery Rank should be Viability / Skill Required.  

High power bullet hose like Boltor Prime or both Soma? High Mastery should be needed.

High single shot, but semi-auto or single shot like Latron Prime or bows? Medium Mastery. (But higher than any lower tier forms.)

Please, DE. Reassign Mastery Rank levels. Especially for the very powerful weapons with little to no Mastery Requirements. (Except Event or Stalker weapons, ofc.)

(For those saying "Prime Access", just have Prime Access bypass Mastery Requirements.)

Edited by Flackenstien

I feel that there does need to be a MR requirement for those who gained the Soma Prime by trading or farming. Prime Access should be exempt from this. That it would give players who are under the MR more incentive to buy Prime Access, as well as preventing completely new people from breezing through the entire game once they hit MR2 and start trading. It's a win win for everyone involved.

I feel that there does need to be a MR requirement for those who gained the Soma Prime by trading or farming. Prime Access should be exempt from this. That it would give players who are under the MR more incentive to buy Prime Access, as well as preventing completely new people from breezing through the entire game once they hit MR2 and start trading. It's a win win for everyone involved.

Yes, you can put MR lock on crafting. If people bought the full weapon - they can use it. If they get BPs they can only craft it once they reach MR requirement. 

Similar thing can be done for syndicate weapons: have them in BP form as well and allow only BPs trading and have mastery lock on crafting them.

The following is purely my own dumb guess, nothing more and nothing less;

It's possible, looking back and noting the generally very low or literally non-existent MR locks on items which have been in previous Prime Access packs, that they purposefully put low or not MR locks upon those very items.  I can't help but speculate that the idea here is to put a full stop on the potential "Pay to win" arguement.  If a schmuck with MR0 buys the current Prime Access out of the gate he can get Soma Prime right now, and Prime Access already bypasses MR locks the same way that bundles on the market do(oddly individually purchased weapons do not).

Basically either player is able to get said good gun pretty much right out of the gate potentially, keeping them on "even" ground.

The obvious and glaring flaw in this half-logic however is that some Prime Access items have had MR locks, even though they've generally always been very low numbers.  As it stands they seem to pretty much choose MR locks totally at random, and always choose very low numbers if any at all for primes.

It's possible, looking back and noting the generally very low or literally non-existent MR locks on items which have been in previous Prime Access packs, that they purposefully put low or not MR locks upon those very items.  I can't help but speculate that the idea here is to put a full stop on the potential "Pay to win" arguement.  If a schmuck with MR0 buys the current Prime Access out of the gate he can get Soma Prime right now, and Prime Access already bypasses MR locks the same way that bundles on the market do(oddly individually purchased weapons do not).

But to be honest, paying for Prime Access is more like 'paying for convenience' rather than 'pay to win'. 

Unless we are talking about the slots. Then, there might be a point for the 'pay to win' side. 

because it destroys progression, you can get best weapon right away, making all the other weapons meaningless 

Thats just bad for the player who misses that part of the fun, for everyone else its just good, personally, i dont like how easy players can get taxi to anywhere, i would prefer that everyone is forced to experience the progression this game has, but its their decision

TL;DR - You are not playing ARMA or CoD4 competitive ladder multiplayer, Soma Prime MR lock does not effect anything.

Why does it matter exactly? This is the same argument as not wanting people with all Artifact guns in your Borderlands game. Well, how about you don't allow people to enter unless invited.

This mentality in a f2p coop game is asinine.

If I happen to be deeply offended because someone is using a color scheme on a Frame that matches some country flag that I hate or a gun that fires pink bullets because I'm ... pink intolerant, I can get into a new game in 10 seconds flat.

Stop pushing personal agendas on other people and play the damn game. You have all the control mechanics in place already. Use them.

"Oh noes its MR0!! What will happen now is that people will use it and ... and ... " NOTHING new will happen, that is NOT already happening, which is people shooting stuff and enjoying themselves.

If you people want to be the game police, start your own clan, enforce your own rules and stay out of PUG's.

You got served!

It should be that you need to have build the non-prime version first to be able to use the prime version or even built it. Don't make it a lore mechanic that the building of the prime requires the non-prime gun/frame, but add it as a game mechanic.

I think that Prime Access should have a Prime Mastery device. 

This would be a magical device which give the player a +10 Mastery Rank bonus SOLELY for the purpose of equipping Prime weapons. It would not count for anything else. Daily syndicate rep, number of loadout slots or any other mechanic wouldn't be affected by it. 

This would be a permanent device on the player's account, or a 90-day booster, any way it's fine for me.

This way all Prime weapons can properly be distributed with Mastery Rank requirements, without losing paying customers. 

Mastery rank has little to do with how good you are at the game. You could be the greatest player who has ever played the game, but be mr3 because you dont really get or level many new weapons or frames. The problem is, people have begun tying this together with experience, i myself have been playing since closed beta, and I'm only mr11. The fact that people at rank 16 think they have more experience than me seems a bit invalid. 

This is ridiculous the Soma Prime is a direct upgrade to the Soma yet it has (mr0) vs (mr6), there is no excuse for this

Money. Money is the excuse for this.

If you're worried about people who buy the PA not being able to use it there needs to be an exception added for them...

That's P2W. You're treating paying customers different than freemium customers.

Now hold up, a lot of you all seem to think the money from prime access is going solely into DE's pockets. Not the case. They need money, yes, but a lot of it goes to development, and even more to the company itself. Only a small portion of prime access if any reaches the devs in the form of a paycheck. 

While some people will be butthurt at the thought of newbies getting ahead via Prime Access, assuming Soma and such received higher Mastery Rank requirements.. I think it's overall healthier for the game for them to not have low Mastery requirements.  

Slapping appropriate Mastery requirements onto Prime Access weapons, while allowing Prime Access supporters (which I am not one of) to bypass said Mastery Requirement, would be the best for everyone.

Sure, it will allow others to pay their way to a smoother game, if they so choose, but it won't invalidate a potential multitudes of weapons and gear for the rest of the players.

Edited by Flackenstien

WHy do people even care when no prime weapon has a Mastery Rank including Bolter.

if you are going to single out one prime weapon, you are only making yourself a fool.

And no one is going to care. All it does it makes you look jealous that this upstuck wealthy new player can buy a Soma.

But if he can't, he'll buy another prime weapon or Nova from another player.

So this thread is pointless.

DE was like "lol Mastery, what is that, I forgot."

I'm glad they didn't give the Soma a game breaking buff.

How exactly is it a "gamebreaking buff"? Amprex has 20% more crit chance and just 2.5 less damage, shorter reload and AOE damage. Does that mean Amprex is game breaking? No, because it's a PVE game, it just does more damage than other garbage weapons that need a buff.   

They could easily leave the damage like it is and increase crit to 45%, then suddenly BAM, red crit Soma, everyone is happy. It would have a bit more single target DPS, but wouldn't have AOE like Amprex. I really don't see why not let it have red crits or at least 40% crit chance so we can get 100% with point strike so it's not as inconsistent.  

How exactly is it a "gamebreaking buff"? Amprex has 20% more crit chance and just 2.5 less damage, shorter reload and AOE damage. Does that mean Amprex is game breaking? No, because it's a PVE game, it just does more damage than other garbage weapons that need a buff.   

They could easily leave the damage like it is and increase crit to 45%, then suddenly BAM, red crit Soma, everyone is happy. It would have a bit more single target DPS, but wouldn't have AOE like Amprex. I really don't see why not let it have red crits or at least 40% crit chance so we can get 100% with point strike so it's not as inconsistent.  

PvE matters?

Ok

Wheres that one hit kill everything on the map life support dropping full heal gun cause its a PvE game that doesnt need to be properly balanced

What a joke

Amprex has a limited range and some of the lowest ammo efficiency to balance it out

I dont know if you can math at all but 45% critical is not "a bit more DPS" in the slightest