The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime...ruined Dreams

(PSN)witex25

Question

I just can't get it this awesome gun was not questionable king in the game before boltordoesn't or..DE's raise old good boltor from ashes and move it to the top

And what they did with soma? This was mastery 6 weapon dedicated to really good players, it was a pass to the unknown areas of endless def or surv. With that gun, i mean you have that feeling...you could almost get drunk with that power...and now soma prime...nothing else to me but commercial toy

This weapon should get at least 50% base crit chance + that tiny base damage buff, it should be locked at mastery 12 minimum so every player that could get that would have that...that "yes finally"

But now...absolutely nothing special. It shouldn't be a prime but wrath or vandal...its does

And to all those that was so worry about "somas prime" everywhere...boltor prime will still be everywhere and vets didn't get dream weapon

I am so disappointed. ..how could you do that DE's with nearly perfect SOMA...

Maybe you haven't realized, but literally every single prime equipment isn't mastery locked. Not even Rhino, the only frame that's locked to mastery, at MR2. A new player can buy plat to use Rhino Prime at MR0 before normal Rhino at MR2.

Actually almost half of the prime weapons are mastery locked with the most notable example being the dakra prime at mastery rank 6.

Maybe you haven't realized, but literally every single prime equipment isn't mastery locked. Not even Rhino, the only frame that's locked to mastery, at MR2. A new player can buy plat to use Rhino Prime at MR0 before normal Rhino at MR2.

only new primes dont have a mastery lock

Sorry but that isn't happening even if you land all headshots perfectly. Latron Prime has terrible dps and the firing mechanic is simply poor for the hoards of enemies in Warframe.

but it has better dps than the boltor prime

latron wraith is even better but you would need a macro to shoot as fast

Edited by xkillo32

I distinctly remember the Dakra Prime being locked to MR6, because I grinded intensely to make it.

So worth.

Why does every new weapon need to be the Boltor Prime. The Soma Prime was buffed in damage and ammo capacity, but not to insane levels, and is aparently barely edged out in DPS by the Boltor Prime. If it was buffed much more, it would be ridiculously strong. There would be red numbers flying around everywhere.

Personally, I think DE did a good job with the stats for the Soma Prime.

Considering how horrible the Soma itself looks and sounds, the Soma Prime is worse (AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE GOLD). The only benefit is its a Slash weapon and its stats are higher than the soma (and theres no downfall)

Admittedly, it's a disappointment, even to me who hates the Soma.

Edited by Stormandreas

it should be locked at mastery 12 minimum so every player that could get that would have that...that "yes finally"

So, you think people, who paid $80 for the pack, should have to wait until they're at mastery 12, before they can use it?

This is why you don't get to make decisions like that.

So, you think people, who paid $80 for the pack, should have to wait until they're at mastery 12, before they can use it?

This is why you don't get to make decisions like that.

Mastery locks just apply to purchasing weapons they have no effect on weapons you already own and probably would have no effect on weapons obtained through prime access either and I know this because people who purchased the soma before it was mastery locked at rank 6 were still able to use it even if their mastery rank was too low.

Limbo's technically locked at MR 2 because you need Archwing to do his quest, and Archwing is MR 2 locked. 

I dunno why people *@##$ about the buff. A 55% increase in sustained DPS is rather significant, and the added ammo pool definitely is a nice bonus. Plus a tiny bit of status :)

Yes, it would have been nice to see a crit chance buff to be able to reach 100% for consistency's sake, but it would be too much, unless they also reduced the fire rate. Hmm, they should just buff Critical Delay to 10 ranks! :D

Yep not sure what the complaints are about. I am very impressed with how DE handled this "prime buff". They made it a worthwhile, top tier weapon without being the ABSOLUTE best choice. It could have easily been a lot worse in either direction. 

Edited by Cynick

I just can't get it this awesome gun was not questionable king in the game before boltordoesn't or..DE's raise old good boltor from ashes and move it to the top

And what they did with soma? This was mastery 6 weapon dedicated to really good players, it was a pass to the unknown areas of endless def or surv. With that gun, i mean you have that feeling...you could almost get drunk with that power...and now soma prime...nothing else to me but commercial toy

This weapon should get at least 50% base crit chance + that tiny base damage buff, it should be locked at mastery 12 minimum so every player that could get that would have that...that "yes finally"

But now...absolutely nothing special. It shouldn't be a prime but wrath or vandal...its does

And to all those that was so worry about "somas prime" everywhere...boltor prime will still be everywhere and vets didn't get dream weapon

I am so disappointed. ..how could you do that DE's with nearly perfect SOMA...

And I am so dissapointed in poeple who are *@##$ing about soma prime not being OP...