Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

considering the breath is suppose to be plasma 

plasma is superheated fire

you have magnetism + fire as the element

as for existing elements, the damage could be like that of Oberon's smite doing 50/50 element/physical

so, in this case it would be 50% corrosive/ 50% fire?

also - hows about dragons breath as #1?

mandible-like structures jutting out of the side of the helmet to breath fire with 

ref: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Striking_Scorpions?file=StrikingScorpion3.jpg

the above image has the warrior shooting dart out of the helmet 

the ability could drain at 5e p/s (reduced by streamline) and do 25/35/45 dps with 25% chance for proc with above elements 

combined with active passive I put here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/228614-active-passives-warframe-power-idea/

It would make dragon put out a bit more damage and feel a bit more fantastical

just my 2 cents

-Phyrak 

considering the breath is suppose to be plasma 

plasma is superheated fire

you have magnetism + fire as the element

as for existing elements, the damage could be like that of Oberon's smite doing 50/50 element/physical

so, in this case it would be 50% corrosive/ 50% fire?

also - hows about dragons breath as #1?

mandible-like structures jutting out of the side of the helmet to breath fire with 

ref: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Striking_Scorpions?file=StrikingScorpion3.jpg

the above image has the warrior shooting dart out of the helmet 

the ability could drain at 5e p/s (reduced by streamline) and do 25/35/45 dps with 25% chance for proc with above elements 

combined with active passive I put here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/228614-active-passives-warframe-power-idea/

It would make dragon put out a bit more damage and feel a bit more fantastical

just my 2 cents

-Phyrak 

Unfortunately, replacing the #1 with a dragon's breath effect would mean losing out on the flying-charge technique, which is one of Dragon's major draws (mobility/free movement). As far as the "plasma" elemental makeup, I'm still open to ideas; all I know is that it can't be its own "new" element, because that would overcomplicate Damage 2.0's elegant design.

Unfortunately, replacing the #1 with a dragon's breath effect would mean losing out on the flying-charge technique, which is one of Dragon's major draws (mobility/free movement). As far as the "plasma" elemental makeup, I'm still open to ideas; all I know is that it can't be its own "new" element, because that would overcomplicate Damage 2.0's elegant design.

Just an idea :P

mobility is indeed a thing with the striker like dragon

what about the way oberon works with smite and the two damage combination?

also for the "active passive" for the increased movement and damage?

Just an idea :P

mobility is indeed a thing with the striker like dragon

what about the way oberon works with smite and the two damage combination?

also for the "active passive" for the increased movement and damage?

As far as new ability cost mechanics (i.e. draining energy over time rather than an upfront cost), I'm not really sure how I feel about that. And he already has three abilities that increase his single-target damage in various ways (Berserker ups his fire rate, Challenge can up his direct damage, and Rising Dragon applies the special mixed-elemental damage).

As far as new ability cost mechanics (i.e. draining energy over time rather than an upfront cost), I'm not really sure how I feel about that. And he already has three abilities that increase his single-target damage in various ways (Berserker ups his fire rate, Challenge can up his direct damage, and Rising Dragon applies the special mixed-elemental damage).

Aka

ready to stomp :P

I read through the whole 29 pages of forum today and all I picture is dragon taking on a legion of infested...

as with the other 30000000000000000000000000000000000+ people who are waiting for this to come out :3

Endrian, not sentinel but something similar to Kubrow (those doggies), but more dragon-ish.

Now that I think about it, how would "free movement in the air" look?

I have 2 ideas:

1) Something like in DMC3 but with possibility to ascend/descend (

form 1:30)

2) More like in Divinity:Ego Draconis II/Dragon Commander (

and again add possibility to ascend / descend vertically)

I would recommend 2nd since this feels more... natural (at least for me)

Edited by Drejzer

Endrian, not sentinel but something similar to Kubrow (those doggies), but more dragon-ish.

Now that I think about it, how would "free movement in the air" look?

I have 2 ideas:

1) Something like in DMC3 but with possibility to ascend/descend (

form 1:30)

2) More like in Divinity:Ego Draconis II/Dragon Commander (

and again add possibility to ascend / descend vertically)

I would recommend 2nd since this feels more... natural (at least for me)

Yeah, pretty much the #2 version. I didn't watch long enough to see if you could move backwards in the second video, but that would be intended for Dragon's flight, working like a reverse jet boost, in the opposite direction that the camera is looking.

Aka

ready to stomp :P

I read through the whole 29 pages of forum today and all I picture is dragon taking on a legion of infested...

as with the other 30000000000000000000000000000000000+ people who are waiting for this to come out :3

Hahahaha. Me too! But... As time wears on, I doubt the likelihood. It's been over a year since I first came up with this concept, and Typhus has only been posted for, what, a couple months and already has twice the posts and more than double the views?

*shrug* At this point, it's just a labor of love. I don't really harbor any expectation that DE will even look at this; it'd be nice, though.

Yeah, pretty much the #2 version. I didn't watch long enough to see if you could move backwards in the second video, but that would be intended for Dragon's flight, working like a reverse jet boost, in the opposite direction that the camera is looking.

Yup, you can. I know because I played this game.(It's Divinity2: Ego Draconis - I misspelled that earlier)

Edit: Anothere example:

- this one is from Dragon Commander. Edited by Drejzer

Their will be another Prime Time tonight, lets make a shout out for The Dragon Warframe's sake. And yes Typhus maybe leading but I can tell you right now, he is not fit to be a Warframe. Lets pitch in and give Dragon some more support. This thread is doing well so far.

This makes me wish I had any form of drawing skills so I could draw fanart of this warframe an his new pet.

So, I'll beg DE on the Prime Time chat to add it instead.

Also, I feel as if he should have a weapon like the Drakewing Greatsword alongside his polearm.

DrakewingUltraGreatsword_zpse613835e.png

Edited by ViralN9

And so, How many posted about Dragon?

An obnoxious amount. It was the wrong place for something like that so I don't think it helped the idea at all as much as it hindered it.  People already against it are only going to get further against it (I'm one myself but i would rather let people get what they like, if it happens it happens.). 

Edited by Recovery8