Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

I get distracted from watching the forums, then come back to find my two favorite Warframe Concepts are the at the top of the Concept sub forum. A good thing to find. More on topic, I absolutely LOVE the new art for Dragon, though after looking through the comments, I'd like to suggest a tweak to Challenge if it hasn't already been made and one for Rising Dragon.

For Challenge, instead of a straight multiplyer, why not a flat boost up to a cap of Dragons armor multiplied, with the boost per hit taken to shields and cap increasing based on ability level(ie, 10/15/20/25 armor per hit of shield damage that caps at 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 x Dragon's base armor)? I say 'base armor' because if Steel Fiber was accounted for in the cap's multiplyer, then it'd be kind of absurdly broken.

With Rising Dragon, the Aura seems a little odd to me, so why not have an AoE plasma damage attack when the ability starts instead? I mean, if a Warframe is launching themself into the air with plasma jets, there'd logically be a burst of it around them when they lift off. Although keeping the 'blast off' damage and the aura wouldn't be too much of a stretch, since I'd assume the Aura does like 25 damage per second like Hydroid's puddle does at max rank.

But yeah, that's my contribution. Keep up the fantastic work, dude!

brilliant as normal exactly what i was thinking :D how about those alternate skins :P no rush just asking

I'll see what I can work up in the coming days.

I get distracted from watching the forums, then come back to find my two favorite Warframe Concepts are the at the top of the Concept sub forum. A good thing to find. More on topic, I absolutely LOVE the new art for Dragon, though after looking through the comments, I'd like to suggest a tweak to Challenge if it hasn't already been made and one for Rising Dragon.

For Challenge, instead of a straight multiplyer, why not a flat boost up to a cap of Dragons armor multiplied, with the boost per hit taken to shields and cap increasing based on ability level(ie, 10/15/20/25 armor per hit of shield damage that caps at 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 x Dragon's base armor)? I say 'base armor' because if Steel Fiber was accounted for in the cap's multiplyer, then it'd be kind of absurdly broken.

With Rising Dragon, the Aura seems a little odd to me, so why not have an AoE plasma damage attack when the ability starts instead? I mean, if a Warframe is launching themself into the air with plasma jets, there'd logically be a burst of it around them when they lift off. Although keeping the 'blast off' damage and the aura wouldn't be too much of a stretch, since I'd assume the Aura does like 25 damage per second like Hydroid's puddle does at max rank.

But yeah, that's my contribution. Keep up the fantastic work, dude!

By flat boost, you mean like +200/+400/+600/+800 armor, that kinda thing, rather than a multiplier? That's the point of the multiplier; I wanted to give people a reason to put on a Steel Fiber, really give Dragon a chance to show off his "scales," so to speak. Also, I'm thinking of reworking Challenge or Rising Dragon, given the new energy-drain mechanic so that you could keep one or the other active for as long as you're spending energy. As for the plasma aura's damage, it's meant to be a buff to the damage you're actually dealing, not a constant AOE aura like Ember or Hydroid. If you aren't attacking, you aren't dealing plasma damage.

EDIT: Sorry, misread what you said. I see what you were saying now—you were saying to change the plasma buff into a plasma aura/blast off AOE. That... has potential, honestly. I might change the current design to that. Rising Dragon as an energy-drain mechanic would make a lot of sense that way—spend energy to fire plasma jets; run out of energy? No more plasma, no more flight.

Endrian, i like the without scales look, try to make it more sleek like, and you have the alt skin there, the lung helmet is coming along awesome, and why not call the gauntlets talon ? like a dragons talons?

I like the sound of Talon(s). Could work well.

Yeah so I see 599 upvote,m i like this concept, and my new Dragon Twin concept took inspiration from this one, so I will give my upvote as well, Enjoy the 600th upvote

Thanks!

So hello to you dragonframe creator, I just read your whole post, and I think I became a fan (yes I use google translation lol) I'm French but prevents one day I hope to find a such frame involved

Glad you like it!

Edited by Endrian

Is there by chance would you give the Dragon Twin some love Endrian, I was Inspired a lot by your concept, could you mind giving me some feedback :https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/233031-warframe-concept-mei-long-and-xiao-long-the-dragon-twin-bruce-lee-inspired-twin-frames-now-with-more-artworks/

Also, would you mind If I draw an Artwork of your Dragon and my Dragons Hugging eachother? It go like this; your Dragon flirting and hugging my Female Dragon Twin and my Male Dragon Twin sit in the corner looking jealous

Edited by Kazkyu

Is there by chance would you give the Dragon Twin some love Endrian, I was Inspired a lot by your concept, could you mind giving me some feedback :https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/233031-warframe-concept-mei-long-and-xiao-long-the-dragon-twin-bruce-lee-inspired-twin-frames-now-with-more-artworks/

Also, would you mind If I draw an Artwork of your Dragon and my Dragons Hugging eachother? It go like this; your Dragon flirting and hugging my Female Dragon Twin and my Male Dragon Twin sit in the corner looking jealous

Yeah, I'll have a look. And, sure, if you feel like doing some fan art, that sounds fun to me, haha! I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to fan art/fan fiction about Dragon as long as people credit my work.

Yea, I think that lowering base armour in advantage of Health...

(or a little bit of energy...)

But It's just my random thinking on this matter...

Edit: can't finish the thought since i forgot what I wanted to say... T-T

Edited by Drejzer

oh cmon dragons dont use shields è_é

id say something like 1300 life fully buffed, and 300 shield with redir and vigor, and a super slow shield regen, this is a freakin dragon ><

It's not really about the shields; it's about the armor, as representative of a dragon's toughness. Dragons aren't regarded as invincible because they have a lot of health; it's because their scales are so damn hard to pierce. Consider Smaug, for example: "My armor is like tenfold shields!" in reference to his scaly hide. That's why Challenge is based around increasing his armor, not his health or his shields. The more damage his armor mitigates, the less health he actually needs simply because his health will barely take a dent because of it.