Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Community Actually Geared Enough For This Event?

Hedrax

After running a couple dozen Balor sabotage missions I've noticed a somewhat disturbing trend. A large portian of the people I have run with were only just adequately geared to contribute these missions and there were several people who were obviously being carried. This is troubling since we are still early on in the event and have been told there will be even harder stages down the road. Will there actually be enough people when that point comes who are willing, and more importantly, able to fight the threat of the Balors to save the relays? Thus far Archwing progression has been rather maligned since it can take almost as much grinding and farming as prime gear from the void for the 'normal' stuff and isn't nearly as rewarding in things like credits. Untill recently you couldn't even get resource drops in AW missions. With the recent changes Archwings have also severed their last tie with normal progress by having their stats disconnected from the warframes' so they now stand completely on their own. Has the comminuty at large spent enough time working on getting the modes and level their equipment to the point where it can succede in the latter stages of this event? We will see.

I have formaed and potatoed onorix, imperator and odonata since early stages of archwing.

Other weapons and archwings are obvious upgrades yet i feel no compulsion whatsoever to actually improve them, the whole archwing concept feels disconnected.

On the otherhand what does it matter, if you score below one million you ge the credit for balor femorian but forfeit credits which is not a huge tragedy.

Well it isn't like Archwing missions are all that great to begin with, credit payouts are bad and mod drops hard to get, which means that plenty of people skipped it and that those people are now likely to quite bad archwings and skills for it.

Personally I've maxed the main one out, however I hardly have any mods to put on as I've simply haven't gotten any in drops in general.

The latest change to how archwing works, means that people have ridiculous low hp/shield/armour as it is no longer based on frames. That means people who are new are dying left and right all the time from even facing just a few enemies.

I would assume the community isnt levelled enough for this event but I dont blame them, there is not enough Archwing content for it stay fun to level up all your stuff.

I have also noticed people being carried, even on earth and venus missions did people die like flies. 

I guess I am fortunate that I adopted the mindset that I need to be geared to solo when I enter a event mission like this.

Because I am left with MR 3 and 5 in pluto. I know it's not always straight up skill level but in this case it was. They stayed (trying to) killing enemies and got downed. Got revived only to die again in 5 seconds. Yea it's not great and matchmaking needs adjusting...

Its like every other event you will carry afkers and people with rank 0 weapons, or you dont play in pub games easy :D

Yes I'm very familiar with having to carry some people through a mission. That not quite what I was talking about though. I was posing the question of "Are there enoguh carries to actually save the relays in the later stages of the event?"

my question would not be about gear, but rather skill. is the community as a whole skilled enough to survive long enough to get to the core in the later stages?

Yeah that's a good point but those to often go hand-in-hand given how much you have to run the same missions over and over to get the parts. skill tends to bleed in... eventually.

You'll always have baddies, regardless of what you're playing.

It's perfectly possibly to do them. I just did pluto with a lvl 15 elytron...

You sure you aren't one of the people I'm talking about? :P

Just go solo and ignore the kids who want to get carried and get all rewards through afking. When I can deal around 600k dmg to the core all by myself using my Imperator, I'll rather do this than go with pubs or people from recruiting chat lying that their equipment is lvl 30 and have to revive and carry them just to barely reach that 1mil damage and get that S#&$ty amount of credits.

The main player base is NOT leveled enough to do Pluto. And it is not their fault, that Archwing content is scarce and there's a little incentive to level it up except for some rank increase, so it was not very popular. Also DE did a wrong timing with removing warframe stat apply to archwing, then introducing such a event without giving a incentive to level up and gear archwing stuff first. So Pluto random queue is basically this: many underleveled players waiting for someone to carry them. Well, this usually results in fail.

Edited by Elstar

I am breezing through the event with a non-forma'd starter set. Odanta, Imperator and ...whatever the sword is... I don't even remember. Odanta itself wasn't even rank 30. My mod collection is full of holes and I'm still pulling 1,500,000 on my first tries... If I look like this having played hardly any Archwing the community should be plenty geared for this if they wanted to be.

I would have to agree that overall the player base is not leveled enough for the harder challenges of this event. I know personally I'm not really ready for the later stages like the Pluto mission. I did complete it using my rank 6 Itzel, 15 imperator, and rank 8 centaur. But it took all my revives and that of my two clan mates to do it. (Plus quite a bit of luck there at the end)

You should try and join more public archwing events then. See it for yourself.

Oh, no don't get me wrong. I have noticed that here and in every event in the past on normal content as well.

I'm just saying that's not DE's fault.

Archwing has been out plenty of time for players to be geared to do this if they have been interested at all. I am literally the bottom of the barrel here. All I've invested is ranking two weapons to thirty and a frame to... I think Odanta was 25 when I went to my first event mission? I put a potato on everything but we've had plenty of potato alerts since it started and I don't think I'm actually using any potato points on my Odanta because I don't even have eight different mods for it. :P

Edited by VKhaun

Ive been pugging for the events and majority of people i see have really low shields/hp and they go down a lot. Ive leveled my archwing stuff a while ago for mastery exp so the enemies aren't a problem for me. Worst thing to happen is when host gets downed and doesn't get revived in time, they ragequit and the host migration kicks in and you are still getting attacked, you come back after migration and you are on like 250hp out of 2k and are getting swarmed.

To be honest it's their own fault most of the time, they neglected leveling archwing gear and there is no boltor p in space to help them. I just wish matchmaking paired them up with similarly geared players and they'd feel the need to level archwing and not hope to get carried through content.

Edited by kiteohatto

Oh, no don't get me wrong. I have noticed that here and in every event in the past on normal content as well.

I'm just saying that's not DE's fault.

OF COURSE it is DE's fault. The fact that people don't BOTHER to do what they should is DE's fault for not making things easier. For not handing people stuff on a silver platter. (of course, almost every mission now has mod rewards, but I digress...)

In the end, it is DE's game and EVERYONE should be GIVEN things they didn't EARN because they deserve them.

This is about half of what I read on the forums right now.

If people expect me to carry them through without contributing, they can think again. I do not tolerate leechers and AFK-ers in the Void, I will not here. Simple as that.

Archwing is not a DIFFICULT game mode. it is DIFFERENT. VERY different.

But one thing is the same. Bring a level 1 Excalibur with unmodded Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Lato and Mk-1 Skana to a T4 Defense and see how long you last. Bring an Odanata with 200 health to the Pluto Fomorian? Same thing.

Edited by Kalenath

The problem with Archwing is that people who had everything maxed in normal combat suddenly have to start from zero again, especially now that frames and wings aren't linked to each other (which sucks with my max armor Valkyr who barely got any damage before) + the levels aren't scaled to what people are using, you can make it harder, but don't make it impossible, and make it hard for everyone and not only the people who just started with archwing and want to help out.

I can see us losing all relays just because DE decided to make the ships too good protected for newer players to Actually do something. Like DAFUQ wouldn't Vay Hek protect every Fomorian Battleship the same? why would he send weaker robots to Earth while his goal is to destroy... he should go all out on every relay, but the level of the enemies should be scaled depending of the conclave the ARCHWING gear has. otherwise we will lose all...

To be honest, you just need some damage mods and fire rate mod that are not fully ranked on your default primary weapon. With a well coordinated team consisting of those setups, you can easily score 1 mil points. 

Though, if you wanna solo it, you'll have to at least fully mod your primary weapon and some defensive + movement speed mods on your archwing. You can get up to 3 million points easily, refer to this:

Credit goes to the player.

still dont have all essential archwing mods...... need that archgun damage mod, and shields, and health x.x

I acually got the Rub-Barrel for the first time in a Balor sabotage. >.>

I had all the elemental mods before that though so I was doing fine.