Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo... Watcha Get?

MajesticPinecone

Fire emblem: Awakening, and a shiny new sub-machinegun. I am not joking.

Oh god. F*** Awakening, that thing is weak compared to Binding Blade, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Rekka no Ken. Please consider these over the abomination (then again, you received it as a gift), not to mention the fan service DLC. Seriously, Fire Emblem was good and original as it was,what the hell went through the developers' mind that made them consider a typical anime-esque scenario. "Wow we were invited to a beach house for no reason, let's go put on swimsuits and slap the faces of fans who thought we would never have to stoop this low." 

But hey, free game, why not.

As for me, I received nothing, which I don't entirely mind as there is really nothing I'm interested in.

I got a New! Nintendo 3DS (like the new versions released this year), Persona Q: Shadow of Labyrinth.

BUT STILL NO MONSTER HUNTER 4U, COME ON CAPCOM.

I live in NA, and am getting a New 3DS on launch. But only, and only, if Xenoblade is confirmed to release on it to NA. Sure, I have the almost unobtainable Wii version, but imagining that gargantuan game on handheld is just face-desk slamming excitement.

Edited by LazerSkink

I got all 3 of the new spyro games and I look forward to critiquing the crap out of them.  as wall as a do and do not do list in the story's I write.

so far ive seen a lot of plot holes and some do not's.

and another thing is a paper clip and pen holder. just think of a bunch of shot glasses of varying height glued together at there edges and that's what it looks like. although im not going to use it for pens paper clips or drinking whiskey out of.

im going to use it for storing different paint colours and painting with it. in fact that's why I wanted it in the first place.

and lastly a lego airport fire truck. it sorta looks more like a tank though.

Oh god. F*** Awakening, that thing is weak compared to Binding Blade, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Rekka no Ken. Please consider these over the abomination (then again, you received it as a gift), not to mention the fan service DLC. Seriously, Fire Emblem was good and original as it was,what the hell went through the developers' mind that made them consider a typical anime-esque scenario. "Wow we were invited to a beach house for no reason, let's go put on swimsuits and slap the faces of fans who thought we would never have to stoop this low." 

After some playing, I think you're bashing it too hard, man.

The gameplay and story may be nothing compared to previous games, but the gameplay and story were never the point to begin with, it seems. There is a wealth of dialogue and personality in the game, and the way the characters interact with each other is probably the highlight of the game. Character personality and quirks are explored to a pleasantly in-depth manner, rare for any game of recent note. As a matter of fact, every unit has dialogue with EVERY other unit in the game. That is impressive enough to make me wonder how long it took just to pull all that together. And besides that, no character is boring. Each has their own unique quirk(s), and moral dilemmas.

Buuuuut, I suppose the worst part of the game IS the gameplay itself. Optional camera changes and "story choices" do nothing to hide the depressingly shallow combat, and utterly obtuse storyline. There's one scene in the beginning where you have the option to save a major character, handing over the Fire Emblem in the process, or let her die, potentially saving the world. Either way, you keep the emblem, and she dies by throwing herself off a ledge.

But that being said, considerable effort seems to have been put into the cutscenes, of all things. Facial timing, background going-ons, camera switch timing, choreography, all shine brightly whenever a cutscene begins. Even when the aforementioned suicider throws herself off a cliff, it's done in a way that you can TELL impacts everyone around her.

I wouldn't call it an abomination. It's simply...different.

Edited by Snydrex

Just some underwear, a pajama and some homemade cookies... for me less is more!

mmm cookies..

Assassin's Creed Rogue Limited Edition

(With a code that won't even work, FML)

Destiny

(Won't work cause my xbox has no hard drive [4GB Xbox])

gotta love the consolesthat have games that require more space for updates

I have a Razer Deathstalker Essential on its way. I've been using a fairly standard keyboard that came with an average computer about a decade ago, and decided to upgrade it as I've upgraded everything else in my setup already.

ahh nice nice.. i want a new keyboard but... jeeeeeeeeeeeeze they are expensive..

-snip-

The fact it's different is what makes he have higher expectations. I can say that the only thing seeming "real" are the support conversations between opposite sexes, especially when you marry the two. I felt a slight connection to the male characters during their conversations to the females (usually the first time conversations are ones I plan to lead to marriage), but other than that, I do not find it very entertaining. It seems that this game appeals towards a newer audience, especially with the introduction of "Casual" over "Classic" mode, and I've accepted this. I have accepted one thing: This game is just not meant for me. I don't see myself keeping it for very long, let alone finishing it.

I think I'll wait for the next original title, because if you do not know, the Fire Emblem game before Awakening was a remake that was only released in Japan, and the one before that also a remake that was released internationally, and the one before that was original, which was Radiant Dawn for Wii(one of my favorites next to the ones I listed). It was about 5 years waiting for an original title, and I'm patient for now for the next original (non-remake), just hoping it doesn't have close similarities to the downfalls of Awakening.

P.S

I find Lucina to be incredibly dull, boring, and the physical design just immediately makes me think of a genderbent Marth. I suppose there should be some characters with something that seems like apathy, but it didn't really appeal to me, personally.

Edited by LazerSkink

-shnippy-

I just think calling it an "abomination" is a stretch. I mean, I enjoyed it. To your point, though, it really doesn't deserve the title of "Fire Emblem". Just like DmC or MGR:R, it could've gone by a different name, and still held up.

And, this is all strictly, of course, my opinion.