Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is A Good "prime Gold" Color?

(PSN)theelix

Question

25 answers to this question

I use Classic palette, 11th row down, farthest right. (the row below standard yellows)

The problem with attempting to find one colour that fits the bill, is that metallic colours in WF will vary based on the light shining on them and the angle they're viewed at.

Good suggestions so far, so I'll give a different tip entirely: metallic gold tends to have two colours associated with it; a light yellow and a deep brown. You can sometimes give the impression of gold by using variable shades of yellow to brown on your equipment, which is especially useful in the presence of Orokin gold as it is constantly changing based on your surrounding environment. This way your light yellow doesn't suddenly stand out when the metallic gold its' trying to imitate is a deep orange-brown. 

As PBR starts to take grace more equipment this trick will likely become less necessary. I'd really like it if they went back and retroactively made the Orokin Gold parts tintable as is currently the case with Nova Prime, Soma Prime, and Vasto Prime. 

Good suggestions so far, so I'll give a different tip entirely: metallic gold tends to have two colours associated with it; a light yellow and a deep brown. You can sometimes give the impression of gold by using variable shades of yellow to brown on your equipment, which is especially useful in the presence of Orokin gold as it is constantly changing based on your surrounding environment. This way your light yellow doesn't suddenly stand out when the metallic gold its' trying to imitate is a deep orange-brown. 

As PBR starts to take grace more equipment this trick will likely become less necessary. I'd really like it if they went back and retroactively made the Orokin Gold parts tintable as is currently the case with Nova Prime, Soma Prime, and Vasto Prime. 

Thank you for the tips. Buuuut i hope they never do what they did with Nova Pyrite to the other Primes. . .

Unless it's a toggle in the options, then i'm cool. ^^

The eos prime has tintable metallic parts, and this is the closest I've gotten to actually matching the gold on Loki Prime:

8908d1eda1.jpg

fe0c75b48c.jpg

Which is "B2" on the fire palette going by NinjaRican's pictures.

The only actual way of getting the true gold colour is by copying it off Nova Prime.

Like what ReizoRyuu said above, B2 on fire color palette, i use that on every warframe, and then if you want a blue energy effect that matches the orokin void tilesets and primed weapons, its in the Tenno Color Palette, use G4, the bright blue. But keep in mind, weapons like Burston Prime have a slightly darker prime color tint, and blue color, so it totaly depends on your perfernce of prime. Personally i like loki prime like color set and nova prime. And use Smoke Color Palette for whites, and the top of Fire Color Palette

Edited by Darealslenderman

I will never understand this community, one minute everybody hates the gold trim, the next they want to make other things look like they have gold trim.

Edit: spelling errors

The community is not one person, but is instead composed of many people; as such it can have multiple, conflicting opinions at once.

I hope I increased your understanding on the subject of what a community is and how it works.

I will never understand this community, one minute everybody hates the gold trim, the next they want to make other things look like they have gold trim.

Edit: spelling errors

Making sweeping generalisations based on small portions of the community who happen to post a thread won't make it any easier to understand :P

I still dislike gold trim for example. Sometimes though you just really need the colours to match up!