Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Warframe Is Turning Its Community Into Perfectionists

-CM-Tiffany

I'm starting to believe that it really is happening. You should always have the perfect squad compilation, a perfect build trinity with a damage frame to match and a perfect node that gives you all the exps and reputation and the grineers better be spawning like cray or I'll be mad.

Yesterday I joined a Stephano run with some randoms I found in recruiting channel and this one guy literally got bashed on because he wanted to take a Saryn over an Excalibur as a damage frame. He took it anyway and someone else filled the Excalibur spot, but in the end I think the Saryn guy contributed about the same.

You could say that after one year of this game being available people would be looking out for the perfect ways to get stuff done, but if you have to get to that instead of doing what you want, having fun without your sanity questioned and still getting stuff done then I think something's wrong.

Am I the only one noticing this? :x

You've never used Banshee then. Every single mission there's S#&$ talking, assuming you can get into a mission if the entire squad didn't ditch you before it even started lol

And yeah, I'm starting to hate this community, it's becoming a "no fun allowed" crowd, and it's their own fault, not DE's.

Edited by DarkTails

When I host a 20 wave T4D I ask people to bring something interesting they would have fun with.

Sometimes people get it and we get to play with some some great group mixes but other times people leave if they see there will be NO FROST IN T4D OMG!!!

Because as you very well know you can not complete a 20 wave T4D without a frost, trinity, disarm loki and vauban.

Well TBH without a Limbo or Frost the enemies pratically oneshot the Pod. x.x

Edited by Feallike

Well TBH without a Limbo or Frost the enemies pratically oneshot the Pod. x.x

Or volt, or nxy, or blind them, freeze everybody in place with sound quake while the bubbles get popped or work as a team and communicate instead of everybody running around at random while the frost sits by the pod and presses 3.

Last good game we had a volt shielding the pod, the frost throwing ice waves with the new "freeze everything in place mod", a zephyr with jet stream and I was running a mirage with a miter.  I think the frost was nervous about not having a slow globe.  They were on banshee but switched just before we got in.

I've played on volt shielding the pod with an awesome rhino that was great at using stomp and actually used roar (A rhino using roar, inconceivable!) a banshee with resonance and a disarm loki with the radiation mod.  We went to 30 or 35 before somebody needed to get dinner.

You have to use "this and this and this" or you will fail is toxic and will make a lot less fun.

Having read some other messages about people being annoyed that their "rep farming" isn't as efficient, please close warframe and get back to your spreadsheet.  I'm sure you'll find as much fun as you need there :)

Bad players always look for cookie cutter builds and set ups in every game. 

Personally, I wouldn't even leave Jueno without at least two bards and a redmage. So what if it took us three days to form a party. 

*EDIT* Most frames have some kind of CC or damage contribution; you really just need a mix of something and the mission will be fine. Nyx, Frost, Nova, Mag, Oberon, Hydroid, Zephy, Vauban, Loki, Excalibur, Rhino, the list of viable CC frames goes on forever. Eat the energy and smash the button, it's not hard.  

Edited by Acos

>implying that one can't have fun playing with perfection

also, there is a place for idiotic builds, recruitment window is not that place. sorry but if I'm hosting a game, especially when I'm hosting a key, you don't get to complain when I ask you to pick a more specific frame for the mission. 

What is the reason why people PLAY A GAME? 

A) To relax? To have fun? A good time?

B) Or to  repeatedly do the same thing over and over again. i.e. press the same buttons x times in a row? Getting yelled at? Getting ordered around? And all that for some lack luster reward that could be better? 

If it's B I suggest you get a job then because you will have all the above mentioned goodies with the added benefit to actually earn at least some money.

I'm starting to believe that it really is happening. You should always have the perfect squad compilation, a perfect build trinity with a damage frame to match and a perfect node that gives you all the exps and reputation and the grineers better be spawning like cray or I'll be mad.

Yesterday I joined a Stephano run with some randoms I found in recruiting channel and this one guy literally got bashed on because he wanted to take a Saryn over an Excalibur as a damage frame. He took it anyway and someone else filled the Excalibur spot, but in the end I think the Saryn guy contributed about the same.

You could say that after one year of this game being available people would be looking out for the perfect ways to get stuff done, but if you have to get to that instead of doing what you want, having fun without your sanity questioned and still getting stuff done then I think something's wrong.

Sorry,I don't quite agree here.

Look,if you join a squad from recruiting that needs a Excal,obviously you will be bashed if you take Saryn. If you want to play Saryn,then just go to Stephano and play with it.....I leveled my Nova Prime on Stephano and no one bashed me because I didn't join a squad who are going for reputation farm.

And,why would someone using Saryn pm(or contact) a host who is searching for an Excal?

As for myself I don't really care what people bring to the team as long as they are decent with their frame. However when I choose a frame I choose one not based on personal preference but as how best I can synergise with the team.

I think you are like the majority of people. You complain alot because you can't do what you want.. You can't bring x frame or you can't do some x build you just throw together because you think it might be fun. Sure, It might be fun for you but when you join someone elses group it's not about you..there are three other people in the party and believe it or not this might come as a shock to you but nobody wants to play twenty minutes into a survival and then have to leave because you have to eat dinner or your build is terrible and makes no sense.

There are however alternatives;

Solo Play

Making the Party yourself (You can kick :O)

Deal with it

While I have dream teams for some things, I usually don't care what frames others pick as long as they are good with them.

My dream team for T4 Survival consists of Nekros (in groups, life support is more of an issue then solo), Trinity, Loki and Nova.

I would still accept a well played Vauban (I had one in my Team once, 60 minutes T4 Survival run), and I wouldn't say no to a good Limbo replacing Trinity.

Because my Savage Silence party is clearly the meta, right?

You don't have to follow the meta, the only thing were I understand doing it is for special stuff.

Edited by UltimateSpinDash

I noticed this trend. And it doesn't really encourage you to play, at least not with others. The fun part is when the person who is bashing you doesn't have any clue how to play himself, but still, they are a real pain.

Half the playerbase doesn't know how to have fun, or will complain until they have things their way, then turn bored right after a short time. I guess some people just can't be happy at all in life.

What I usually do is playing Solo, or just ignoring all those who question my choices. If the player is a nice person I may become cooperative, if not he/she can screw him/herself. Not gonna change my ways because a random yelling stranger asked me, and why would anyone change them anyways?

-snip-

You're not alone, I'm seeing alot of this, people arguing for best setups, best weapons, highest DPS, and even arguing that everything should be balanced for DPS, rather than for roles. It's really starting to become a problem. Nearly every time I see a buff or nerf this thread the subject is due to DPS. It's becoming an unhealthy obsession.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Sometimes the reason is that people are farming rep not for the fun and are using the most optimal build to get things done.

Is that right or wrong. It is neither but when we grind, no one is happy about it, there can be fun but being happy about grinding is like happy that you have to work daily and face the same things without any exception.

Hence for me i rather do a perfect job then mop around with things half baked or exposed to great deals of risk. If what is tried and tested works really well then i would apply it for grinds, if i wanted to play for fun it would do so too but the least players can do is ask if the host wants an optimal team or not since this party is formed by the host and not anyone else.

They are sort of the team leader and you should respect them for forming the team, if not you should form your own team so that you can apply your own rules. If you can't have others move along with you there is no point forcing them too as it would only make everyone else angry.

I was just thinking about this on my way home from work. I usually run a 3 Forma Mag. I can use her very successfully almost everywhere. I jumped into a squad on Helene, Saturn about a week ago and this is how things went.

As is customary for me, I said in chat, "Evening folks, how far are we going? 20 waves?"

"I'm not reviving you after wave 5. Why did you bring Mag? She's useless here." Or something along those lines with expletives, from a Rhino Prime with a full Prime kit to match. He/she harassed me off and on for the duration of the mission and I kept quiet.

In the end, I never went down and had the highest damage dealt(40%ish, if memory serves). The Rhino needed to be revived twice and the Core never dropped below 75% health thanks to Shield Polarise spam. We extracted at Wave 35.

I guess I got the last laugh because just before the squad members went their own ways, I said, "You're welcome." The Rhino replied with a simple, "FU". One of the other squad members replied with, "Couldn't have done it without you Cypher."

The moral of the story is I have all but mastered Mag and I can make the best of any situation. Being bashed for using a frame or weapon that doesn't match the faction that you are fighting is pointless. I can understand where some of you are coming from with the specialized builds and squads for very specific missions and that's why I only invite clan mates and friends those types of runs. I know what they are capable of and how they use the tools at their disposal.

EDIT: Post #666. Must sacrifice a virgin goat to RNGesus

Edited by DCypherThis13

Pity all the "I needz frost for my def"

Easy too see ppl get close minded by generic strategies, i even got ignored once cause I stated a loki is a better help for def then a frost.

And I think its really boring to follow all those ppl who demand this and that frame to get invited.

Sadly enough you also dont see many ppl changing their gear to adapt to what the rest of the group is bringing.

Seems in the end only a few handful of frames are ever played.

Hate don't diss frost.

You can have a decent Globe with Freezing Force XD

It gets worse when people start asking for Conclave rating before inviting you. What's that, you're bringing some poorly modded Zorens because you only use them for mobility? Too bad that tanks your Conclave rating, ergo, the rest of your loadout apparently isn't good enough.

Those people would hate my builds that have a max streamline and max fleeting expertise.

#wastefulbuilds5eva

As long as you know your build is wasteful i'm fine with it. What I hate is those players that think their build is THE best even though they don't understand stuff like power efficiency.

It gets worse when people start asking for Conclave rating before inviting you. What's that, you're bringing some poorly modded Zorens because you only use them for mobility? Too bad that tanks your Conclave rating, ergo, the rest of your loadout apparently isn't good enough.

It literally is Gearscore in Warframe.

It's not a Warframe exclusive thing. Pretty much all farming based RPGs usually devolve into this. In this type of games grind is something that stands between the player and potential fun and therefore strategies to minimize the grind are important.

It literally is Gearscore in Warframe.

An inaccurate gearscore :D