Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eyes Of Blight....

Kaotyke

Never saw those "special formorians".

Glad it's over though, took me back to Cicero..

For the billionth time, they meant that higher leveled Fomorians would give you a bonus to your mission score, not your event points.

Is it? How did the Pluto fight end?

Yes. The Fomorian got destroyed at the 2h mark.

So I take it we will not see another one going up before official event end?

Also: Yay, exploiters' gold trophy. So proud. Such achievement. Much competition.

Further: Hek wins 4:3 - Tenno status: rekt

Edited by Velym

Technically, 4:16, but you can convince yourself the glass is half empty if you want. 

(I do wonder why there's so much community emphasis on losing Relays but not killing Fomorians)

Probably because Hek has many more Fomorians than the Tenno have Relays, and being able to afford losing more Fomorians than the Tenno can afford to lose Relays.

I suppose you somehow consider this event a victory for the Tenno?

Technically, 4:16, but you can convince yourself the glass is half empty if you want. 

(I do wonder why there's so much community emphasis on losing Relays but not killing Fomorians)

Emphasis is on technically.

Hek wants to destroy Relays.

Tenno want to save Relays.

Hek succeeded 4 times.

Tenno succeeded ??? times. Question here is: 16 times because we 'saved' a Relay from a Fomorian 16 times or 3 times because we managed to save 3 Relays from being destroyed in the end.

Both views are correct, IMO the latter is more valuable though.

I suppose you somehow consider this event a victory for the Tenno?

I suppose you consider it a loss?  Its all how you look at it.  And for that matter, we both may have "lost". 

If you're looking at it from a standpoint of "what if this were real and not a video game scoreboard"?  Well, from the flavor, we both won.  Hek's comment about it beeing easier than expected - he planned on more losses, apparently.  Meanwhile, Ordis stated that The Lotus told him that Hek's fleet was diminishing, "We can win this" (Or was it, "We can stop him"? Feel free to correct that).  Hek's objective was indeed to break some Relays, and expected heavy losses.  Our objective was (and possibly, is) to protect Tenno assets.  Namely, the Relays.  How do you do that?  Break Fomorians. 

The question is, what does that mean for the war?  Hek at best got a morale boost, potentially gaining the favor of the queens if he spins the results well himself.  However, the surge is over.  If the Grinner could afford to continuously throw ships at us, they would.  It could be that Hek gaining favor and more latitude to go on wild schemes with heavy losses would actually be against their best interests.  Meanwhile, we lost four Relays.  However, there are three intact, and our Lisets and affiliated cargo pod are all we need to fight.  It all depends on who takes better advantage of the situation. 

I suppose you consider it a loss?  Its all how you look at it.  And for that matter, we both may have "lost". 

If you're looking at it from a standpoint of "what if this were real and not a video game scoreboard"?  Well, from the flavor, we both won.  Hek's comment about it beeing easier than expected - he planned on more losses, apparently.  Meanwhile, Ordis stated that The Lotus told him that Hek's fleet was diminishing, "We can win this" (Or was it, "We can stop him"? Feel free to correct that).  Hek's objective was indeed to break some Relays, and expected heavy losses.  Our objective was (and possibly, is) to protect Tenno assets.  Namely, the Relays.  How do you do that?  Break Fomorians. 

The question is, what does that mean for the war?  Hek at best got a morale boost, potentially gaining the favor of the queens if he spins the results well himself.  However, the surge is over.  If the Grinner could afford to continuously throw ships at us, they would.  It could be that Hek gaining favor and more latitude to go on wild schemes with heavy losses would actually be against their best interests.  Meanwhile, we lost four Relays.  However, there are three intact, and our Lisets and affiliated cargo pod are all we need to fight.  It all depends on who takes better advantage of the situation. 

I can't imagine the Queens being pleased with Hek's accomplishment, actually.

We did lose more than half of our Relays, but Hek also lost approximately four Fomorians per Relay destroyed. He may consider this a victory for the Grineer, but I have the feeling the Queens will be less than happy about the results of this operation. Maybe Hek will get fired for this, or demoted?

As for myself, I consider the event a draw, mostly. We lost most of the Relays, Hek lost most of his Fomorians.

Edited by HolyDonut3

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider "winning" for the Tenno in this case?  Its hard for me to give a number without knowing exactly how strong the enemy is supposed to be; but I love strategy games like the Total War series, Civ, and X-Com types.  Against a significant enemy, unless you have an incredibly good plan, I generally expect 50% casualties. 

I can't imagine the Queens being pleased with Hek's accomplishment, actually.

We did lose more than half of our Relays, but Hek also lost approximately four Fomorians per Relay destroyed. He may consider this a victory for the Grineer, but I have the feeling the Queens will be less than happy about the results of this operation. Maybe Hek will get fired for this, or demoted?

As for myself, I consider the event a draw, mostly. We lost most of the Relays, Hek lost most of his Fomorians.

They'll probably replace him with Kela, given her rework.