Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Limbo Theorem - The Grindfest We (Sadly) Know And ''love''

Skylord_Dante

The Limbo Theorem is a quest which requires you to complete the archwing quest and be mastery rank 4.

1st thing you will have to do is gather 3 proof fragments to advance on, as simple as it sounds its a high level archwing interception mission on mars, where you have to kill enemies to get the fragments, you have to do this mission 3 times (helmet, systems and chassis) its not 100% that you will get all 3 of them in a run, the enemies swarm you from everywhere, which is even harder if you have a low level archwing. You will fail alot if you don't have a team which knows what to do.

Next mission is a Excavaiton mission on Earth...

1st not alot of people like excavation missions

2nd you have a high chance to get credit caches

3rd you only get the helmet out of it

So you waited 12 hours to build the helmet, now do another interception mission and you're ready to grind the systems.

To get the systems you have to do ANOTHER Excavaiton mission on Phobos, but this time the chance to get the systems are even lower, personally i done 20 runs on it and i still don't have the damn thing. If you got it then congrats!

And as I heard from my friends you have to do another excavation mission: thank god its the last one!

This time its on Europa and only 1 of my friends actually got the chassis, while the rest are still struggling to get it.

Then you build the chassis and finally make Limbo.

Devs of Warframe, atleast make the drop of the damn blueprint parts higher, thank you.

Few things I would like to mention:
First, when doing the interception to get the fragments to get to the excavation you can stay there as long as you want killing enemies and getting more fragments.
I have been with friends where we have managed to get 15+ in a single mission, and then we didn't have to do that mission again.  The fragments are the same throughout so if you get extras they go towards the next excavation you need to do as well.
The important thing to remember is that the fragments you are after only drops from enemies and look like energy orbs.  As long as you make sure to pick up all of the things that look like energy orbs you'll be fine.

Second, how many excavators have you done on phobos?
It took me between 5 and 7 excvators before we found the piece there.
While those excavations are not in a set rotation, from helping quite a few friends through the quest multiple times I have found that the pieces generally wont appear if you're below 4.
So the point is to go 5 to 7 and then leave, as those ranges seems to have the best chance of dropping the part.
The longest one took us 9 excavators.
If you're only doing one or two you're just wasting fragments essentially.

Got enough proof fragments for two parts in just my first run of the mars interception. The Excavations are hit and miss but its all down to the team your with... the longest i waited was the ninth extractor for one of the parts which was the one on Phobos, on the earth one i got it on the second extractor and i was playing solo.

The time wall i get but then its nothing new now that Mirage had set that path down as perhaps being the way they will approach most quest frames going forward and the simple fact is with Limbo i liked not having to mass grind. I made a part and went for next part the next day and so on - there was no compelling rush that i had to have him in the first two days of release... its the same with the Mesa acquisition complaints. Everyone i know who didnt buy had her in the first fortnight of release, thats not a massive time wall when you consider there was no reason for even that length... one nav co-ordinate was an attack on Alad V as long as you gave your co-ordinates to one of your team. I feel the issue is people hate time walls as they want everything ASAP... be it waiting for frames or the high costs of building new weapons,  they dont want to grind in a game which is in the business of grind and RNG.

I though Limbo as a quest was well structured and paced, same with Hidden Messages. The only issue i feel there is with them is they deeply are counter productive for solo players... Excavating Limbo parts or grabbing proof fragments isnt for solo play, not easily at least. Getting Orokin Ciphers for Mirage quest solo is border line stupid but i guess there is no harm in encouraging co-op play as there is real ends to justify the means.

Try 40-47 key share groups of mut alad v before completing mesa... I got &!$$ed early but taking a break Helped out. Plats lost too but meh, spent more on formas haha

What happened? Seriously bad RNG with getting that elusive third Mesa part or scammers taking your key mission and running afterwords instead of returning the favour?

Either way thats brutal dude haha, i found getting her a somewhat pleasant experience strangely enough but only because i was in no rush and was determined to not just pay plat for her.

What happened? Seriously bad RNG with getting that elusive third Mesa part or scammers taking your key mission and running afterwords instead of returning the favour?

Either way thats brutal dude haha, i found getting her a somewhat pleasant experience strangely enough but only because i was in no rush and was determined to not just pay plat for her.

No, just straight up no systems for the longest time. Chass and helmets galore! But i got tons of credits off the duplicates, which is nice. It was a painful mutalist event week to get her thinking mut alad will be gone after the event, then slowly raked up the coords and buying keys off since then till last night(system finally dropped after the 3rd person of the keyshare last night). So now shes cooking. And yes, i didnt want to spend plats on her when theres more formas to buy! Ive bought atleast 86 formas as of now haha being a new account and liking alot of weapons 4-6 forma and 1-3 forma frames gives a huge plat sink

No, just straight up no systems for the longest time. Chass and helmets galore! But i got tons of credits off the duplicates, which is nice. It was a painful mutalist event week to get her thinking mut alad will be gone after the event, then slowly raked up the coords and buying keys off since then till last night(system finally dropped after the 3rd person of the keyshare last night). So now shes cooking. And yes, i didnt want to spend plats on her when theres more formas to buy! Ive bought atleast 86 formas as of now haha being a new account and liking alot of weapons 4-6 forma and 1-3 forma frames gives a huge plat sink

RNG is RNG, got 3 systems in a row from Mutalist Salad myself.

'course, biggest problem with the Limbo quest is that the intercept isn't reliably soloable regardless of skill, how well-modded your equipment is, etc. due to the spawn rates/locations.

In the time you take one point and move to the next to start capturing it, they'll have re-captured the first one, ditto if you try to move to another or recapture the original point. In conjunction with the intercept change where the enemy now gets all points handed to 'em for free (which disproportionately screws solo players for what teams of dudes did on Viver, but I digress). You end up perpetually playing catch-up if you're alone... which is more likely to be a thing as time goes on, since most guys have already run the mission (as I've found upon finally getting around to it).

It's not like ground intercept where it's possible to cover multiple points since the distances are shorter and the enemy spawns at fixed points and needs to interact with consoles at a fixed position.

Which definitely undermines DE's direct "we want solo to be equally accessible and viable" statement. It's not a coincidence there's no videos of the mission being done solo. I could forgive the grind if mission success was possible for a single player.

There's a ton of other content in the game, yet as soon as one thing feels grindy all the whining starts. Cripes lol.

Don't do grindy stuff all at once, you're going to burn out and make annoying topics. Spread out your grinding time, so you spend more time doing things you like.

RNG is RNG, got 3 systems in a row from Mutalist Salad myself.

'course, biggest problem with the Limbo quest is that the intercept isn't reliably soloable regardless of skill, how well-modded your equipment is, etc. due to the spawn rates/locations.

In the time you take one point and move to the next to start capturing it, they'll have re-captured the first one, ditto if you try to move to another or recapture the original point. In conjunction with the intercept change where the enemy now gets all points handed to 'em for free (which disproportionately screws solo players for what teams of dudes did on Viver, but I digress). You end up perpetually playing catch-up if you're alone... which is more likely to be a thing as time goes on, since most guys have already run the mission (as I've found upon finally getting around to it).

It's not like ground intercept where it's possible to cover multiple points since the distances are shorter and the enemy spawns at fixed points and needs to interact with consoles at a fixed position.

Which definitely undermines DE's direct "we want solo to be equally accessible and viable" statement. It's not a coincidence there's no videos of the mission being done solo. I could forgive the grind if mission success was possible for a single player.

You can very easily solo any interception with the itzal now.

I soloed the limbo mission before the archwing enemy nerfs and before getting an elytron.  It is possible even without a potato in your gear.

You can very easily solo any interception with the itzal now.

I soloed the limbo mission before the archwing enemy nerfs and before getting an elytron.  It is possible even without a potato in your gear.

Which was also before the change that handed all four points to the enemy right out the gate. It may have been soloable before, it isn't now - the increase in time spent uncapping + capping the point, rather than just capping it is enough for a new wave of enemies to spawn and recapture a previous point in that mission. I've timed it.

Edited by Taranis49

Which was also before the change that handed all four points to the enemy right out the gate. It may have been soloable before, it isn't now - the increase in time spent uncapping + capping the point, rather than just capping it is enough for a new wave of enemies to spawn and recapture a previous point in that mission. I've timed it.

Depends on the map, and depends on the level. 

For instance, Jupiter Interception (the lower levels) allow players to kill off enemies hacking consoles, depending on the point that the player is capturing (e.g.: Player can clear out enemies trying to recapture Point D from the vantage point of Point A). 

Depends on the map, and depends on the level. 

For instance, Jupiter Interception (the lower levels) allow players to kill off enemies hacking consoles, depending on the point that the player is capturing (e.g.: Player can clear out enemies trying to recapture Point D from the vantage point of Point A). 

Read my post before this one. I'll paste what I said there:

"It's not like ground intercept where it's possible to cover multiple points since the distances are shorter and the enemy spawns at fixed points and needs to interact with consoles at a fixed position."

Hint, not talking about ground intercept with consoles.

Read my post before this one. I'll paste what I said there:

"It's not like ground intercept where it's possible to cover multiple points since the distances are shorter and the enemy spawns at fixed points and needs to interact with consoles at a fixed position."

Hint, not talking about ground intercept with consoles.

Except for the fact that you still can?

Tactic: 

1. Capture one point. 

2. Capture another point nearest to that point.

3. Capture another point nearest to the previous point. 

4. Clear out enemies that are capturing a point. 

5. Fly off to capture the final point without having to worry that much about losing a point. 

It works most of the time. 

Except for the fact that you still can?

Tactic: 

1. Capture one point. 

2. Capture another point nearest to that point.

3. Capture another point nearest to the previous point. 

4. Clear out enemies that are capturing a point. 

5. Fly off to capture the final point without having to worry that much about losing a point. 

It works most of the time. 

Again, actually reading the entire posts in question would probably be handy, indeed, I covered this in the one you quoted. You can't.

The time it takes to uncap a point + cap it in that mission, is enough to spawn a fresh group and recap the first point you've taken - not even taking into account transit time to a new point, just uncap/cap time. I've timed it.

EDIT: Sure, someone could potentially get lucky with lazy/stuck spawns in that mission, so I suppose you can qualify it as potentially soloable, but the Viver changes definitely broke it for solo play. Doubly so since you're already distracted with the requirement to troll the map for proof fragments.

Edited by Taranis49

The time it takes to uncap a point + cap it in that mission, is enough to spawn a fresh group and recap the first point you've taken - not even taking into account transit time to a new point, just uncap/cap time. I've timed it.

Actually, it sometimes depends on what point you capture first. 

For instance, I often go off to capture Point D, since that is almost always the nearest point. Then, either Point C or Point A, and by the time the second point was captured, enemies then started flying towards Point D (yes, enemies tend to want to capture Point D in most Interceptions for some reason). I then fly off to the other point, and shoot at enemies that are trying to capture Point D at that point, while I capture the remaining point before flying off to Point B, with no enemies spawning for a bit since I killed them all. 

EDIT: Sure, someone could potentially get lucky with lazy/stuck spawns in that mission, so I suppose you can qualify it as potentially soloable, but the Viver changes definitely broke it for solo play. Doubly so since you're already distracted with the requirement to troll the map for proof fragments.

With Archwings now having Vacuum for players, there is less need to actually fly exactly towards the Proof Fragments for continuing on with the quest. In fact, I got 10 Proof Fragments after a round (where I was just fighting enemies around a point), and I actually never went to actively collect them. So, that point after Viver is a bit moot.