Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

This has moved fast. Incredible how this warframe concept feels so close to being finished. Must be a record of some sort.

You have done a really good and solid concept here, the powers feel strong and the frame has a freshness to it.

Thank you! everyone's feedback has helped a lot! all the critiques and suggestions have helped build her into the developed concept she is now!

Also, I aimed to have the warframe look unique and have the powers feel completely her's.

I really like this concept and her abilities sound awesome. My only gripe is with that helmet which reminds me of a lightbulb.

That said however, are you planing alternate helmet or other Warframe concepts? Ill be keeping a eye out.

lol yes i plan to redesign the helmet at least. i was aiming for a dewdrop and i guess ended up with light bulb so i guess that needs some work. as for alternate helmets i have 3 currently and am working on the 4th named "Daphne" thanks to BlazeBigBang. As far as other concepts, i have some out there already as well (though most buried in the void) but i plant to add art to Sanguine and i have a code warframe in mind but thats in the horizon, Right now my focus is getting Flora to be ship shape. going to add prime variant soon along with ability demos (trying to break up the wall of text with some pictures) and a redesign is eminent.

I don't know if this has been suggested but for the blossom alt helm (or possibly her default)....can you make it a light interactive helm? meaning it'll blossom when in the light and stay in it's normal form (like in the picture on your post) in the dark/night.....this will make her even more special and because everyone loves interactive parts of a warframe, also I think in the light, there should be spore like dust floating around her (color based on your energy color), just like when you're in your arsenal and this energy (which is colored by your liset's energy color) is floating around you

as for your concept, I love everything about it, this is seriously a well thought out concept and I congratulate you on this wonderful piece of art and for the time you spend on it, both drawing and making it and the great ideas for abilities and lore wise, you earned my respect :) 

I don't think it really needs an archwing though, it'll be a bit too much, I'd love the syndana though, and the sugrata (the melee accessory)

as for her abilities 1 is a bit too much in my opinion, 2 is a balanced ability, 3 is a lot like oberon's renewal (or whatever it's called), can you make it lessen the affects of procs? and as for her 4th.....I can't wait to see it's animations XD

EDIT: one last thing.....I know it's a stupid thought but can you make flora a bit...ummm, flat? in the chest area I mean, because to me she's a bit like saryn's little sister XD (I know...stupid XD)

Edited by Kenshin98

I don't know if this has been suggested but for the blossom alt helm (or possibly her default)....can you make it a light interactive helm? meaning it'll blossom when in the light and stay in it's normal form (like in the picture on your post) in the dark/night.....this will make her even more special and because everyone loves interactive parts of a warframe, also I think in the light, there should be spore like dust floating around her (color based on your energy color), just like when you're in your arsenal and this energy (which is colored by your liset's energy color) is floating around you

as for your concept, I love everything about it, this is seriously a well thought out concept and I congratulate you on this wonderful piece of art and for the time you spend on it, both drawing and making it and the great ideas for abilities and lore wise, you earned my respect :) 

I don't think it really needs an archwing though, it'll be a bit too much, I'd love the syndana though, and the sugrata (the melee accessory)

as for her abilities 1 is a bit too much in my opinion, 2 is a balanced ability, 3 is a lot like oberon's renewal (or whatever it's called), can you make it lessen the affects of procs? and as for her 4th.....I can't wait to see it's animations XD

EDIT: one last thing.....I know it's a stupid thought but can you make flora a bit...ummm, flat? in the chest area I mean, because to me she's a bit like saryn's little sister XD (I know...stupid XD)

thank you! a lot of work was put into her! 

Bonus stuff: I like to express that her particular design can work  well in a variety of ways so portraying these is both a wish and an example of her potential.

Abilities: As you can tell by the change log i have been trying to make the skill balanced as far as number values, however it's hard to gague it without actually testing it, so in this thread all numbers are hypothetical and more for example than exact final numbers, after all it is only a concept. Im sure if DE were to make flora they would get the numbers right :)

Aesthetics: Right now she doesnt have too awfully much in the ways of bust but it is there, but i can see where you're coming from. plus warframe needs a younger looking warframe! so as i've said in an earlier post i do intend to do a redesign, ill keep that in mind. also i think your idea of an opening and closing helmet is really cool, ill get to work on making this work with all helmets!

edit: going to make the "Daphne" Helmet interact with the light.

Edited by MrPigman

Suggestion for Synthesis!

How bout making it a two-way ability?

It can convert energy into health when in light, and Shields into Energy in the dark?

I know Mirage already has this sort of mechanic, although I think this "photosynthetic" ability would fit right into Flora's theme.

She is like Poison Ivy of warframe. The softness of the look make me think of both Saryn and Nova, for me its a good thing to have elements similar in other frames. Even if this was unintentional.

well fitting in is the first step to integration!

Suggestion for Synthesis!

How bout making it a two-way ability?

It can convert energy into health when in light, and Shields into Energy in the dark?

I know Mirage already has this sort of mechanic, although I think this "photosynthetic" ability would fit right into Flora's theme.

interesting, personally i wouldn't like this as a base ability, but a syndicate mod for this wouldn't be a bad idea. Something to allow you to choose if you want that variant or the original. I think it may actually be a bit too strong for a normal ability depending on the conversion rate for shield to energy.

Hey tenno, before you bash on the idea of plants in space lets get some things straight! she uses the plants through her suit which generates spores that may grow at incredibly rapid rates, the plants are genetically altered to feed off of any gas they can find.

now, without further ado Flora!

6VTT4Nj.jpg

Concept Art

lGQcrUB.jpg

old art

8HgWWpc.jpg

iqNZwc7.jpg

Aromis Archwing [open to renaming]

tsI3uMp.jpg

original archwing concept by LinkGetsuei

0BbAG4I.jpg

Other concept art

ICuz5J6.jpg

u7nmHfS.jpg

YBhkUtH.jpg

gLfuiy5.jpg

rough 3D model thanks to -Ignis_Fatuus-!

1XLwJh1.png

LORE AND ACQUISITION

quest: Botanical Research

Lotus: Tenno, there have been some odd plant life located on earth and the Grineer are taking an interest in it. Go to Gaia and intercept their transmissions, perhaps we can gather some intel about it there.

Tenno go to Gaia(interception), after completing the mission they are sent a message;

Lotus: Tenno, the information we gathered has proved to be useful, the strange plants have some sort of unique genetic code and all seem to have very deep long roots that must be cut to obtain, uprooting the plants are out of the question. Head to Eurasia on earth and scan any of these plants you come across so that we may gather more intensive data.

Tenno go to Eurasia(exterminate). Tenno must scan at least 5 of these unique flowers. there will be 1-3 flowers per run.

Lotus: Good work Tenno, we have enough data to decipher what these plants might mean. these Plants seem to all be rooted to a singular plant in a hard to reach area of Everest. Notably these plants resemble traits that are of a warframe meaning that these plants may be clues to finding another lost Warframe that we can not lose to the grineer.

Go to everest Tenno and Find what that is.

Tenno will go to Everest, Earth(Survival).

Transmission at mission start(Lotus): Tenno, there are Grineer swarming in this area, you must distract them while a lone tenno operative searches deeper for the lost warframe.

Transmission at 5min(Lotus): Tenno we are making good progress, the tenno operative has located an enormous tree which seems to actually be several trees entwined together. the operative will investigate further. meanwhile keep fighting, this mission depends on you.

Transmission at 10min(light female voice): Tenno, you are making a mistake. do not go through with this, there is nothing to gain from this. You are ruining everything! Tenno, I protected you when you desired rest! Tenno please this is not what our people planned! Tenno you will not like what you find! we-*gunshots* *grineer shouting* ...

Lotus: Tenno, the operative has found the warframe, however the grineer found out. the warframe seemed to have had a living tenno already in it. the grineer executed the tenno and made off with most of the warframe, however the operative managed to gather a few pieces of the warframe to examine. it's time to extract.

Tenno will now have completed the mission, they are sent a message:

Lotus: Tenno, the scraps gathered proved to be incredibly useful, I have formulated the blueprint of the Warframe "Flora" added it to the store. however there was a live tenno that was killed and most of a lost warframe in the hands of the grineer. we must catch them and stop them.

"Flora Blueprint" now available in the store.

Tenno are sent to Everest again, however now it is a hybrid mission, both archwing and Capture.

players start in the archwing then will fight their way to a ship that they enter and begin the capture portion of the mission.

transmission at start(Lotus): Tenno, you must hurry and catch that grineer ship, time is limited.

Transmission at mission change(Lotus): Tenno, you're in the ship, now get to the objective and take back what we lost.

After completing the mission the helmet, systems and chasis blueprints are acquired(and available in the store). Tenno are instructed to build Flora.

After Building Flora Lotus sends a message:

Lotus: ​Tenno, the grineer had killed one of the original tenno from before the old war, we have lost possibly our only hope of recovering the past, however her legacy still lives on and the warframe will be used to maintain balance in the solar system

Codex Entry:

Flora was used as a living defense outpost, using her abilities to manipulate technocyte spores into plants and creating overgrowths turning her enemies into ragdolls and helping her allies through synthesis and lignification.

STATS (at level 30)

Health: 450

Shield: 225

power: 150

Armor: 65

Speed: 1.15

stamina: 100

Polarities: "-" and "D"

Aura: "D"

ABILITIES

Crj1jfu.png1-Lignify:

Flora sends a spore at a target and turns their body into wood and breaks their armor, reducing armor by 10/25/40/55% and increasing the damage that target takes by 5/10/15/20%. it will also stagger the enemy. Lignify may also be cast on allies granting them inverse effects, a bonus 10/25/40/55% armor and bonus 5/10/15/20% damage bonus. Lignify has a 40m range and lasts 25 seconds.

Power duration: affects how long the enemy is debuffed

power strength: affects the armor reduction/buff and the damage amp

power range: increases the range it will travel

Changes

[added range limit]

[nerfed damage amp from 10/20/30/40%]

[nerfed armor reduction and bonus from 15/30/45/60%]

[added ally casting]

[nerfed armor reduction from a flat 100%]

[nerfed from 25/50/75/100% damage increase]

rcBlmIq.png2-Bramble:

Flora grows a large circle of bramble that prevents enemies from walking through it and will heavily slow and deal slash damage with a 100% proc to enemies who try. bramble upon cast will push all enemies out to the edge of brambles range and ensnare them.

Bramble has a 3/6/9/12 meter radius and lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds.

power duration: affects how long bramble remains up

power strength: affects the slash damage value

Power range: affects the radius and a part of the height

Changes

[changed the snare to new enemies entering to a slow and slash damage]

BBA9rMD.png3-Synthesis(toggle):

This skill has no cast time or animation, but activating it has an initial cost of 25. Flora begins to pulse with life, she will heal 4/6/8/10% of her missing health every 5/4/3/2 seconds. Synthesis will also affect allies within 5/6/7/8 meters from her. costs 12/11/10/9 energy per second

power duration: affects the cost of Synthesis

Power Strength: affects the heal amount

power range: affects the radius that allies must be from flora to be healed

power efficiency: affects the per second cost

Changes

[buff to affect allies like an AOE (thanks to LinkGetsuei)]

[nerfed from healing 10/50/90/130 flat health]

7XPETpj.png4-Verdance:

Flora makes an overgrowth of plants around her wherever she goes for 8/9/10/11/12 seconds impaling any enemies in it's radius of 5/7/9/11 meters dealing heavy puncture damage every 3 seconds and staggering the enemy.

power duration: affects the length of time verdance is active

power strength: affects the strength of the puncture damage and partially the hit frequency

power range: affects the radius of verdance

changes

[nerfed the snare into a stagger]

Alternate Abilities

Burst of Life: Flora creates a spore mass to hyper generate into an enormous tree in front of her whos roots will lash out at enemies dealing 200/400/600/800 slash damage every 3 seconds for 9/15/18/21 seconds. the roots will also stagger and have a 40% chance to knock down.

Oaken Guardian: Flora covers a target in spores turning them into an invincible plant golem like guardian which deals 100/150/200/250 impact per hit (very slow attack speed) with a 100% chance to stagger and a 60% chance to knock down. the Oaken Guardian lasts 20/25/30/35 seconds.

Seeds of Creation: Flora places a seed mass at her current location which will remain there for 12/18/24/30 seconds. if you or your allies would be be downed or bleed out within 10/15/20/25 meters of the seed mass they will automatically resurrect at the seed location. there are 4 seeds within the mass (allowing up to 4 total regenerations)

Living Armor: Flora creates vines and roots around her increasing her armor by 5/10/15/20 and blocking status affect on you for 5/7/9/11 seconds

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Crawling Vines(toggle): Flora turns herself into vines on the ground and will travel undetected, when she deactivates the skill she will reform and vines will rise and snare all enemies within 1/1.1/1.2/1.3 meters.

Opinions? Ideas? lay em on me.

How Dare you rob me of my plat with this awesome idea!!!?? But seriously, this is truely awesome. I cant wait to see it in action. I hope DE will be just as inspired by this as they were with Zephyr.

Edited by WanderoftheAether

How Dare you rob me of my plat with this awesome idea!!!?? But seriously, this is truely awesome. I cant wait to see it in action. I hope DE will be just as inspired by this as they were with Zephyr.

Haha XD. 

Thanks I seriously hope so too! would play it a lot!

I think I do have a little nitpick in regards to Lignify. 

As I'm sure you already know a whole lot of Warframes actually tend to have very low Armor totals. As such a Lignify buff is just taking a % of an already crap total and trying to increase survivability with it. That leaves the defensive aspect of the skill's support usage as useless to all but a handful of Frames who have high enough natural armor that the extra armor from the buff can actually make a difference.

For example, why would you cast an Armor total buff on someone like Nyx or Nova? It'd have no noticeable effect thanks to their pathetic natural armor total. 

Instead I'd suggest having it do something like wrap your ally in a protective shell and be something more like being able to cast a cheap Iron skin on allies. Though perhaps instead of this shell having health of its own like Iron Skin it'd instead defend your ally from a specific number of hits.  Essentially it'd mean that Lignify's protective shell would protect your ally from the next X number of shots regardless of the damage the shot would have done. As a sort of balancing factor it probably shouldn't prevent knockdown or procs if those effects were to occur.

The damage buff doesn't really need touching. Overall, aside from that small gripe about Armor totals, it sounds like a solid skill. Honestly speaking it's offensive usage being an Armor Shred is quite powerful and quite valuable so I can't think of any complaints about it.

I think I do have a little nitpick in regards to Lignify. 

As I'm sure you already know a whole lot of Warframes actually tend to have very low Armor totals. As such a Lignify buff is just taking a % of an already crap total and trying to increase survivability with it. That leaves the defensive aspect of the skill's support usage as useless to all but a handful of Frames who have high enough natural armor that the extra armor from the buff can actually make a difference.

For example, why would you cast an Armor total buff on someone like Nyx or Nova? It'd have no noticeable effect thanks to their pathetic natural armor total. 

Instead I'd suggest having it do something like wrap your ally in a protective shell and be something more like being able to cast a cheap Iron skin on allies. Though perhaps instead of this shell having health of its own like Iron Skin it'd instead defend your ally from a specific number of hits.  Essentially it'd mean that Lignify's protective shell would protect your ally from the next X number of shots regardless of the damage the shot would have done. As a sort of balancing factor it probably shouldn't prevent knockdown or procs if those effects were to occur.

The damage buff doesn't really need touching. Overall, aside from that small gripe about Armor totals, it sounds like a solid skill. Honestly speaking it's offensive usage being an Armor Shred is quite powerful and quite valuable so I can't think of any complaints about it.

Interesting. I like the idea but maybe it would be bad in a lot of situations? i mean there's a lot of enemies most with automatic weapons. they could easily hit you with 10 shots in a mere second. it would have to be a pretty high hit count, but making it an absurdly high hit count would make tanking things like napalms and most bosses.

perhaps a shield timer, like iron skin if it had a time limit rather than a damage limit. 

or maybe even make the damage bonus (since damage falls off later mostly) add a % overall damage resist. turn 100 damage into 70.

ill crunch some numbers, think about it while playing and see just how frequently it is that you would fight a slow attacking unit alone.

thanks for the feedback!

Now that I have seen this concept presentation in its completion, and you covered allmost everything, I can't help but want this setup as a template for all warframes.

The animated power-thumbs is a great idea and a superior way to convey the point of a power or mod.

The clear divides into logical sections makes it easy to follow.

You have done good :)

Interesting. I like the idea but maybe it would be bad in a lot of situations? i mean there's a lot of enemies most with automatic weapons. they could easily hit you with 10 shots in a mere second. it would have to be a pretty high hit count, but making it an absurdly high hit count would make tanking things like napalms and most bosses.

perhaps a shield timer, like iron skin if it had a time limit rather than a damage limit. 

or maybe even make the damage bonus (since damage falls off later mostly) add a % overall damage resist. turn 100 damage into 70.

ill crunch some numbers, think about it while playing and see just how frequently it is that you would fight a slow attacking unit alone.

thanks for the feedback!

Aye. That'd certainly be the weakness of the skill. You are absolutely correct.

But it's worth noting that such a weakness isn't exactly unintentional. I mean, Lignify costs 25 energy does it not? For that 25 energy you get either:

- Armor Shred + Enemies take bonus damage.

or

- Damage negation + Deal bonus damage.

So for the cheapest skill on the bar it's actually quite powerful because with that 25 energy you have equally useful options.

That aside, it's a weakness of the shield that isn't completely crippling. When an ally is buffed with this they can rest assured that as long as they keep avoiding damage this buff will make it even easier to stay alive. In fact you could say the very idea of this defensive buff is to lend a little extra help to someone who is already dodging most incoming fire. 

A damage negation shield of that type doesn't pick and choose the type of damage it negates. This shield will block both the 50-ish damage shot of a level 10 Grineer Sniper OR the 1.5k-ish damage shot of a level 9000 Grineer Sniper. That is where the true significance of such a defensive barrier is. That latter example is an enemy capable of one-shotting most of the Frames in the game. Iron Skin isn't even capable of defending against that kind of thing.

Even if it only blocks 15-20 shots at it's maximum that 15-20 shots is several times more than enough for enemies to kill you while playing in very tough content. It's a buff that's worth depends on the amount of damage it is capable of mitigating. It buys a player a few seconds more than they might have had without it. In a few seconds they might have been able to clear the enemy putting them in danger out.

:P I guess you'd say it's a very 'late-game' flavored buff idea. Players will be glad to ignore even as little as 10 shots if they knew that it only took 4 to kill them.

Aye. That'd certainly be the weakness of the skill. You are absolutely correct.

But it's worth noting that such a weakness isn't exactly unintentional. I mean, Lignify costs 25 energy does it not? For that 25 energy you get either:

- Armor Shred + Enemies take bonus damage.

or

- Damage negation + Deal bonus damage.

So for the cheapest skill on the bar it's actually quite powerful because with that 25 energy you have equally useful options.

That aside, it's a weakness of the shield that isn't completely crippling. When an ally is buffed with this they can rest assured that as long as they keep avoiding damage this buff will make it even easier to stay alive. In fact you could say the very idea of this defensive buff is to lend a little extra help to someone who is already dodging most incoming fire. 

A damage negation shield of that type doesn't pick and choose the type of damage it negates. This shield will block both the 50-ish damage shot of a level 10 Grineer Sniper OR the 1.5k-ish damage shot of a level 9000 Grineer Sniper. That is where the true significance of such a defensive barrier is. That latter example is an enemy capable of one-shotting most of the Frames in the game. Iron Skin isn't even capable of defending against that kind of thing.

Even if it only blocks 15-20 shots at it's maximum that 15-20 shots is several times more than enough for enemies to kill you while playing in very tough content. It's a buff that's worth depends on the amount of damage it is capable of mitigating. It buys a player a few seconds more than they might have had without it. In a few seconds they might have been able to clear the enemy putting them in danger out.

:P I guess you'd say it's a very 'late-game' flavored buff idea. Players will be glad to ignore even as little as 10 shots if they knew that it only took 4 to kill them.

good point. similar to lokis radial disarm i guess, where early game it seems pointless but late game its a life saver. I like it I'll throw it in there.

She keeps gettin better! Awesome! The only thing that i don't like is her name, she doesn't sound right :\ 

Btw right now i'm working on a "flowers/petals" based warframe (i'll post her soon)...i really hope you could give me some advice! :D

I had a few other names i could haves 1 of which i used to name a helmet (Spriggan) the others being Druid, Chlora, Botana, Epiphyte, and pith.

as far as advice I'd need to know what the frame's primary function must be! but advice id give to anyone making a warframe is;

1: Be creative - a creative and unique warframe is ultimately what we all want!

2: try to make all the skills as useful as possible without making it op! give them all a unique function. no more press 4 to win!

3: make sure it's logical! remember it's technology not magic!

Seriously, every time I visit this post Flora gets better and better. I really hope DE will add it.

i'm impressed i hope DE takes notice of this i would defiantly like to play as this warframe

thanks a lot! a lot was put into this and i hope DE takes notice as well!

I had a few other names i could haves 1 of which i used to name a helmet (Spriggan) the others being Druid, Chlora, Botana, Epiphyte, and pith.

as far as advice I'd need to know what the frame's primary function must be! but advice id give to anyone making a warframe is;

Just a reminder in case you do decide to change the name, Chlora is the name of one of Saryn's alternate helmets.

Those gifs of the abilities though.. We need some DE action in this thread. We gon' make this happen!