Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Going To See Better Graphics In The Future Of Warframe?

Enfo

I think the game's graphics are amazing. install sweetFX for an even better experience.

the only changes I want them to make is when they decreased the graphical fidelity around u13 of all the walls and windows. It was not very much better performance for a massive loss in quality. they should give players an option for super high res textures to download for the maps.

I'm pretty sure that's just your computer. Set aside a hard drive partition for it or something. My two-year old laptop suffers on the Original crysis but tends to run warframe at 40-50 fps unless my hard drive is fragmented or most of my RAM is being taken up by other programs.

No. I have 2 gaming PC's and the framerate swings between 200 and 30 on both. 

I think the game's graphics are amazing. install sweetFX for an even better experience.

the only changes I want them to make is when they decreased the graphical fidelity around u13 of all the walls and windows. It was not very much better performance for a massive loss in quality. they should give players an option for super high res textures to download for the maps.

eww, sweetfx

I don't understand people's obsession with applying sweetfx on every bloody game, regardless of being needed or not.

On topic... To the OP. My answer would be a big NO. Why?

Because DE has again limited their own engine by choosing to not only cater to lower end PC's, but also 'next gen' console gamers.

The PS4 and XBOX1 are both extremely under powered when compared to mediocre PC setups.

I have an AMD FX-8350, 16GB of DDR3, and an HD Radeon 7990 GPU

I play Warframe on my PS4... Why? 

Because I feel like it.

You act like console gamers don't deserve the right to play this game because they either don't know how or can't afford the sometimes costly process of building a high end gaming PC and they're keeping you from having super extra special high end graphics. 

Doesn't matter the game looks great, even on the "underpowered PS4" 

and yeah to the OP... PBR and stuff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game needs more optimization before anything else. I got an AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.4 GHz, GTX 970, 8GB RAM and the FPS takes horrible dips in combat scenarios and large rooms. I especially notice this in archwing missions, back in the Fomorian sabotage, I'd start with ~150 FPS and when I look at the Fomorian I get... 40 FPS. In normal missions I usually stay at about 80 FPS unless some serious 4-pressing is going on.

Gotta be honest this post makes me feel really good about deciding to wait on a GPU upgrade from my 660 TI.

I run a Phenom II X4 965 BE overclocked to 3.8, and I get the exact same performance.

Going to upgrade to a 290X after the AMD 300 series drops (because they'll be cheap and I'll get mantle for battlefield 4), then I'll drop the hammer on a CPU/Mobo/RAM upgrade a year or two from now.

All I'm missing right now is Godrays and DX12 support. 

Oh..and a quality setting for the recently added AO...because let's be honest..this super low quality AO is making as many things look worse as it does make it look better. 

Don't get me wrong...I love AO...but I hate low quality AO...just give us an option to use higher quality AO...

The game needs more optimization before anything else. I got an AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.4 GHz, GTX 970, 8GB RAM and the FPS takes horrible dips in combat scenarios and large rooms. I especially notice this in archwing missions, back in the Fomorian sabotage, I'd start with ~150 FPS and when I look at the Fomorian I get... 40 FPS. In normal missions I usually stay at about 80 FPS unless some serious 4-pressing is going on.

What a horrible bottleneck you have there...your fps drops aren't GPU related...they're obviously CPU related. Settings like the reflections are actually burdening your CPU. 

Not to mention that an extreme bottleneck like that will slow down your GPU even if you play games that only need little CPU power. 

Current gen 60$ CPUs can defeat those 6 YEAR old Phenoms easily. Why you are even expecting that fps stays perfectly fine all the time with ancient hardware like that is beyond me. 

Game doesn't need optimization...you just need a new CPU. Your CPU is old enough to go to school...let that sink in.

Let's not forget that this uneven setup will create awkward uneven frametimes and you are likely to see tearing even when playing with fps above your screen hz...just sayin'

Edited by Shehriazad

Lets be real. This game has a million graphics settings, yet with everything on maxed, Dx11 and tessellation and what not, shadows, lightning and anti-aliasing all look very mediocre - especially shadows and anti-aliasing.

I was wondering if there has been any word about the game engine getting a bit of love with some upgrades in the graphics optimization department in the future so that shadows don't look like they're straight out of minecraft and anti-aliasing doesn't look like it's tearing stuff apart.

Not that this is the most important thing to worry about right now, but it'd be nice to know if there were any plans on improving these things some time in the future.

Optimization for fluid gameplay ranks way higher for me right now.

would definitely support some upgrades in WF graphics but not TOO good (at least not anytime soon). my craputer can barely play warframe at an "acceptable" fps where i dont feel like using a dial-up connection to play, and thats after shrinking the resolution, even then sometimes at places like derelict where theres like 100 infested on your screen im afraid my computer might give me a bsod because of the sheer lag.

I think there are games where the graphic has its priority before other mechanics. That's probably for "short" games where you have to achieve a target or complete a story with one or multiple endings. So action games, fps, simulators etc.

Then there are games where the mechanics come before everything else. WarFrame is surely one of these but you may add any strategy, role playing, tactics game.

And with that I don't want to say that a good graphic game is stupid or a complex game must have crappy graphic. 

However...WarFrame has a pretty badass graphic...how can you say it is bad/obsolete? Are you serious?

Finally, as a personal note, I am one of these players who think that games like Secret Of Mana is MUCH better than most recent games.

And that related to storyline, lore, mechanics AND graphic.

My setup is by no means feeble. i7, GTX 680, 8gb RAM, etc.

I can get a smooth 60-80 on Crysis but Warframe still lags. The engine still needs optimization, and the netcode can't handle hectic scenarios with tons of data packets going back and forth.

Did you really think I'd dump enough money to get Grandmaster status before making sure my machine was up to snuff?

You have a better system than I do and I don't lag at all on max settings. Running an i5 4690K and a GTX570. Perhaps you should check out what else you have running on your system or give it a good cleaning. Dust build up can be an issue.

You have a better system than I do and I don't lag at all on max settings. Running an i5 4690K and a GTX570. Perhaps you should check out what else you have running on your system or give it a good cleaning. Dust build up can be an issue.

Dude, I'm running Warframe on a laptop with an i5 and the 820m inside with nearly maxed settings and 45-60 FPS at all times (granted, with reflections off). It's definitely a problem on his end.

Edited by Gale47

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html
I'm just going to drop this here. 

tl;dr DX12 will allow multi-GPU/cross-GPU usage, making AMD Crossfire and NVIDIA SLI obsolete. The new DX11 API even allows APU-GPU and AMD-NVIDIA configurations which, for current graphics APIs, is next to impossible. However, this feature is used only when the game developer chooses to use it.