The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Random Void Keys For 25,000 Standing [Conclusion]

Awazx

Okay, lets not lie to ourselves here. The 5 keys for 5k rep was seriously overpowered. Although 25k rep for 3 randoms is a bit overpriced. Would be better at 15k for 3 random. That's 5k rep a key.

I wish we got the 3 random keys, with 1 T3 or T4 guarenteed, just as it was in the poll. That wouldn't be such a bad deal, you get a guarenteed T3+, and 2 keys that could be anyhing, even another T3+.

Instead they added in the one little thingy that they left out of the poll, that two of the random keys could never be higher then T2.

So technically speaking the community did not vote for the current option because its not the same offer, it's considerably worst.

People are just whining because they can't spend 5k rep to get 5 T4 capture keys, so they can speed run them for an easy 26k+ credits en masse. The way it is now is better because now you get more key options, which you should want considering prime parts are spread across various mission towers. The price should be fine too because by now you should be capped in your syndicate and/or have all of the mods and such.

Sounds like you're just butthurt cos you're not with Perrin. Get this in your mind, most of the people complaining doesn't want "5k rep for 5T4keys" back, all they want is a more reasonable option, not this crap that we're currently dealing with.

I think the pricing is unreasonable. Considering people that are mastery 7+ are pretty much already at "endgame" they're only generating 16k+ rep per day. I'm MR14 and generate 30k per day. I stocked up on keys before the change so I'm not complaining per se, but the prices are just not reasonable for people that didnt stock up or for people that are lower mastery. One reward of 25k sets them back an entire day or two for random void keys they might not even want. What they should have done was:

Rank 2 in syndicate: 2k rep for a random t1 key.
Rank 3 ...: 5k rep for a random t2 key

Rank 4 ...: 10k rep for a random t3 key

Rank 5 ...: 15k rep for a syndicate specific t4 key.

That way if you want a specific key you have to stick with a syndicate until max rank which gives syndicate some meaning other than the weapons.

And if you're lower level in the syndicate you can still get something without a reward setting y ou back an entire day or two. 

Sounds like you're just butthurt cos you're not with Perrin. Get this in your mind, most of the people complaining doesn't want "5k rep for 5T4keys" back, all they want is a more reasonable option, not this crap that we're currently dealing with.

I'm already with Perrin genius, so how can i be butthurt about it? Get that in your mind. You can whine and claim you want a reasonable option all you want but until you give a good example like xethier, that won't lead to some exploit or easy mode, then i'll continue to stand by my statement.

Edited by EmptyDevil

All it makes me do is laugh, it was hillariously underpriced before, and here is the breakdown: MR6 3 keys every 2 days, MR12 3 keys a day, MR18 6 keys every 2 days.  All that in addition to normal play rewards AND you build up the rep as you are maybe... KEY FARMING.  It's a fine price and is in addition to normal play and farming, not a replacement.

Actually, I think DE should increase the cost on those other items too. Syndicate weapons or even those legendary ones should be very hard earned and should cost at least 500k reps or even a million reps. In some games it would even take years for you to earn those sort of legendary items.

Actually, I think DE should increase the cost on those other items too. Syndicate weapons or even those legendary ones should be very hard earned and should cost at least 500k reps or even a million reps. In some games it would even take years for you to earn those sort of legendary items.

Except the Rakta ballistica though. That price can stay the same since it is pretty bad.

years? reference some games please.

Well, its still priced as if we were making 1/10 the rep as we are now.

To get that with the current system. They could break each gun down into parts. the BP 100k the barrel 100k the handle 100k etc.

Huh? I thought they added the weapons AFTER the buff. Am I remembering wrong?

As a new player, I dont even know if Ill be still around to afford these lvl 4 keys. Its the 2nd month now and Ive not been able to lvl my syndicate, havent seen catalyst in a long time. On top of that, I have 130 hours now and havent earned a single t4 key. The entire week Ive been farming earth excavation to get T3Ext key to farm soma. So far, Ive only gotten 2 keys, while many many more of all the other keys. I just hate it how they change the chance for keys.

15k would be just about right for what you get.

I tried it and got a t1 cap, t1 def, and t3 MD.

Yeah, I got the feeling i just got ripped-off.

That aside the plat prices are for the rich kids that don't what to farm stuff, but if DE lowers it down a little bit and makes it reasonable then their revenue on that stuff would sky rocket.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

No.

Instead we should have special challenges from our syndicates, which would in turn reward an enormous portion of standing.

Special challenge battles, like fight these 3 bosses. Not an over done mission i have tried before, an actuality generated boss battle.

Before, a persistent four-man cell of middling mastery rank could, on average, accrue three hundred runs worth of T4 keys every two days, not counting if they were repfarming an interception mission.

Now, for the same effort, the same team can accrue thirty-six random keys every two days (12 of which would be T3/T4), again not counting interception rewards.

While I'm displeased with 25k for 1 T3/T4 and 2 random others, I still prefer it to the alternatives of 15k->1 T4 key and the original, "No more keys from syndicates ever again," it appeared they were going to go for.

Having limited playtime due to work - there is no way i can ever afford 25k for  that low value pack. I don't even have most of the mods.

Average point grind run is 5k - 20 min. Thats  1h 40 min for a tiny random keypack - and you cant get another one that day due to cap.
That's assuming you even have 25k+ limit.

it went from 1k / guaranteed key to 5k per random key.

Instead provide guaranteed  and not random keys  at low cost - but limit the total you can buy each day.

Edited by Ketec

You may remember near the start of when Syndicates were introduced the hue and cry about how hard it was to farm rep.  After which DE rebalanced the rep to be easy to farm.

If you consider rep to be currency, they just adjusted the cost of the keys to reflect the inflated currency.

That said I think the game is growing biased towards grinding with skewed odds on drop tables, diluted drop tables, and keys that are harder to get.

I don't have a problem with making gear hard to get, but when you make things tedious to get... that's when things are going wrong.

As things stand the game is not a lot of fun at least for me and I'm likely to take a break from the game and hope things change.