The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Conincidence That Most Of The Things In Warframe Bear A Huge Resemblance To Tron Legacy?

GunDownGrace

really?take a look here at the aesthetics,and the general look of warframe stuff,specifically referring to the smooth body stuff

tron__legacy___rinzler_wallppr_by_ccarci

Evolution_0032.jpg

remove those bony ruffles from ash and you get a matte white version of rinzler without the lights

Rinzler also had a lot of Kevlar-texture like armor over his 'smooth-body' suit, and neon lights that surged all over him.

And the very angular helmet. Don't forget the helmet. That didn't have a face. Ash's helmet is a scorpion.

Trust me, I'm not exaggerating when I said I've watched the movie at least 25 times. I have that thing committed to memory.

Edited by WingedCrusade

well point taken,but alot of the stuff is similar,infact too similar

a decently textured mag wit hthe right pose and colors beara a striking resemblence to rinzler

have you noticed after awhile that the newer frames keapt on getting more and more ruffles?distorting from the general smooth body archetype?

It's probably just because of the themes behind them that call for the more complex designs. Zephyr for example; a bird, which would definitely justify the massive amount of 'ruffles' in her design.

Personally, I don't see a resemblance, but that may just because I've witnessed hours of both on end, but if you see a resemblance, then I won't try to start anything. Opinions are opinions after all.

I still don't see the resemblance though.

Addition;

Look, I found a good close-up of Rinzler to show off the major aspect of his armor's material and design.

Notice how his armor isn't as smooth as you thought? It has a fibrous and kevlar like design to the inner armor, and a more sleek, matte material to the outer pieces, with a faceless, angular helmet that lacks familiarity, but it still conveys this feeling of something new and futuristic, whereas warframes have more rough, chitinous-like bodies like a shell, and seem more ancient and old.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/Jason_Ryu/Cool%20Pics/Rinzler.png

This is just me trying to back up my claims. Can't just shove my opinion in here without backing it up, after all.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Well, it's a concept so as long as you don't make it too... Well, like-wise, you can still say Rinzler was the inspiration, and it will pass as long as it doesn't just look like a recolored-up Rinzler.

P.S, Rinzler was my favorite character of that whole thing. Not going to say favorite villain, and I think you know why.

It's probably just because of the themes behind them that call for the more complex designs. Zephyr for example; a bird, which would definitely justify the massive amount of 'ruffles' in her design.

Personally, I don't see a resemblance, but that may just because I've witnessed hours of both on end, but if you see a resemblance, then I won't try to start anything. Opinions are opinions after all.

I still don't see the resemblance though.

Addition;

Look, I found a good close-up of Rinzler to show off the major aspect of his armor's material and design.

Notice how his armor isn't as smooth as you thought? It has a fibrous and kevlar like design to the inner armor, and a more sleek, matte material to the outer pieces, with a faceless, angular helmet that lacks familiarity, but it still conveys this feeling of something new and futuristic, whereas warframes have more rough, chitinous-like bodies like a shell, and seem more ancient and old.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/Jason_Ryu/Cool%20Pics/Rinzler.png

This is just me trying to back up my claims. Can't just shove my opinion in here without backing it up, after all.

hey,wait a minute

FOOpmKl.jpg

smooth with rough patches?angular smooth helmet?

Ah, memories... And to think they let a child drive a giant robot monster to fight other giant monsters. Ha. Haha.

Remember, it wasn't like they had a choice. Only people born after The Impact had the ability to join with an Eva and produce an AT field. Without an AT field they couldn't neutralize the Angel's.

Edit: I think any appearances related to Tron are just coincidences since both take inspiration from a fairly generic ipod space future aesthetic.

Warframes much more closely resemble Eva's and Gyvers while Grineer borrow from Warhammer 40k if anything.

Edited by ValhaHazred

yeah except the reoccurring pattern on almost every warframe's back that reminds me of an Eva's Back (Loki, Excalibur, Oberon, etc.)

yeah that one...while we are at it,anyone wanna fetch isaac clarke dead space armor pics to compare to warframe stuff?i think we can find more similarity there

if you want to talk about similarity....compare destinty instead of comparing tron legacy stuff....

and are you guys really trying to justify this stuff? x_x

i feel like you guys are having a discussion about how modern warfare is so similar to battlefield, which is similar to other games because it all uses humans and modern guns....x_X

And the lack of layered armor.

if you want to talk about similarity....compare destinty instead of comparing tron legacy stuff....

and are you guys really trying to justify this stuff? x_x

i feel like you guys are having a discussion about how modern warfare is so similar to battlefield, which is similar to other games because it all uses humans and modern guns....x_X

Technically it is, since it's both to convey a "Realistic war." . . . And since both are stupid. :D

We might as well say Destiny is similar to Mass Effect because of the space ship flying loading screens, while we're at it.

Edited by WingedCrusade

For the most part I can't see much resemblance other than them both being bipedal humanoid ninjas wearing armor.

If you want to see some actual similarities to Rinzler's armor

Zouichi from Biomega

biomegafeatured.jpg

and Zero from Borderlands 2

228px-Zero%27s_Sneaking_Suit.jpg

But in the end, what makes Tron tron is the prominent neon glow on everything which warframe has some of but not enough to draw any real similarities.

For the most part I can't see much resemblance other than them both being bipedal humanoid ninjas wearing armor.

If you want to see some actual similarities to Rinzler's armor

Zouichi from Biomega

biomegafeatured.jpg

and Zero from Borderlands 2

228px-Zero%27s_Sneaking_Suit.jpg

But in the end, what makes Tron tron is the prominent neon glow on everything which warframe has some of but not enough to draw any real similarities.

I think Zero's a robot. His voice and fingers are two very prominent reasons.

yeah that one...while we are at it,anyone wanna fetch isaac clarke dead space armor pics to compare to warframe stuff?i think we can find more similarity there

except the dev stream actually said it was Evangelion, and some sci-fi art book that gave inspiration along with some anime. Its an older one, but I am sure someone can give the exact number. Possibly between 10-20.