The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime Needing A Buff

-Appa-

I wish we had a Glaive in Warframe...

Green_Dragon_Glaive_2.jpg

As for the current glaive, it could use a different slide attack.

Basically while you spin during the slide attack, the glaive flies 2 to 3 times around you at a 5m to 10m distance.

Maybe also a different ground slam. Instead of slamming it into the ground like a sword, you through it causing an explosion and land at its position to pick it up again.

The damage itself felt ok so far, then again, I haven't tested it againts lvl 75+ yet.

Edited by KingTaro

I wish we had a Glaive in Warframe...

Green_Dragon_Glaive_2.jpg

As for the current glaive, it could use a different slide attack.

Basically while you spin during the slide attack, the glaive flies 2 to 3 times around you at a 5m to 10m distance.

Maybe also a different ground slam. Instead of slamming it into the ground like a sword, you through it causing an explosion and land at its position to pick it up again.

The damage itself felt ok so far, then again, I haven't tested it againts lvl 75+ yet.

Psst, it got renamed Tipedo

Slow attack speed is really bad.  You can see vegetable cutting videos on youtube more exciting than some Warframe melee attack speeds like the glaive.  You can find more exciting attack speeds in non-CGI movies than in Warframe.   It's a combat game.  It's supposed to be urgent.

It's gotten worse since U14.  You can see there are different attack speeds between weapons with the same listed attack speed.  And, if yu compare the different attacks in a weapon, such as it's normal attack versus it's own spin attack, you can see that they have different speeds to.  So, a lot of weapons suck at coptoring now because their spin attacks are slow.  This whole "Coptoring is a part of the game" thing is a trojan nerf horse.

Whats your build? want to test this for myself.. maybe 40+ but unless you're stealth-ed i cant see it being above 40

My mistake. I typed "60+" by accident. It can still oneshot all but like the Heavy Gunner up to around level 60.

You do indeed use it as a thrown weapon, rather than an actual melee. Whirlwind, Quick Return, Point Strike, Spoiled Strike, and elemental mods. Aim for the head to get that headshot bonus damage.

While we are on the subject of the Glaive, does it annoy anyone else that it has such a slow walking speed while attacking? Like you pretty much come to a complete stop. You would think that such a small agile looking weapon would allow the user to at least move more while killing stuff.

Reasons why the glaive needs a buff:

-Low Damage (I'm only asking for maybe 5-10 more damage) [35]-{40-45}

-Low attack speed (Which makes no sense for a light weapon like the glaive) [1.2 (On stats-but swings slower)]-[Just a little more attack speed maybe 1.4/1.5]

-Crit Chance/Status Chance (Either increase either one, But i prefer status, then maybe i could use radiation proc and make it have even more utility) Crit-[5%]-[15%-20%] or Status-[10%]-[20%]

+1.

The current issue with Glaive Prime is that if thrown, it's incredibly powerful. But at close range, the damage is slow low as to be rather underpowered. 

A slight increase in damage for regular melee attacks, but keep the throwing damage the same. 

Also, give us a reason to use Rebound. If the Glaive Prime (or any other thrown melee weapon for that matter) had a, say, 50% chance to target and hit an enemy per bounce when thrown, it would greatly increase effectiveness and desire for use. 

(Keep in mind that even with flight speed, if there's several rebounds, you have a considerable amount of time where you're standing there without a melee weapon. That, my friends, is the key balancing effect of throwing a melee weapon.) 

i would ask to make it     1/2  impact  1/2 slash

I am completely against this sort of idea on all weapons.

Why?  Because it makes slash mods useless.  Unless a weapon has at least 80% of its damage in slash, there's no reason to ever use those 120% slash damage mods.

I can only say, I would like to see Glaive Prime with a Crit Damage and/or chance buff.

For Utility you have Kestrel (Ragdoll)/and psiedo-wonky utility with Halikur (I wish you could disable homing or homing would only work after initial target was hit.)

As for Thrown/Redeemer shooting with Stealth gameplay damage modifier: there are several Frames than can utilize such a mechanic.

Obvious are Ash/Loki. Excalibur Radial Blind Build. Banshee is like God-mode with Glaive-Prime or Kestrel (Both Entropy Flight and Whirlwind). Valkyr Range built Paralysis as thrown melee does not execute finisher(non-augment as Prolonged Paralysis removes 400% damage melee modifier as it changes CC type from Parry-unalerted-stagger to knockdown). Mirage Prism Blind. Oberon Reckoning Blind (negative Power strength in favor of Range and duration) Vauban Bastille. (I probably left some out.)

But that is a decent number of Warframes able to have tailored builds to boost Thrown melee damage with 400% melee modifier.

Or Nekros as a Ranged Slash heal with channeled Life-strike throw and copter/directional melee mobility.

The flight speed increase over the normal Glaive or Kestrel/Halikur is the Glaive Primes buff. Higher Flight speed is faster and farther distance as all throwing melee weapons have the same flight-time. (Traveling faster for the same amount of time means it goes farther.) If using Quick-return it also means you can throw it more often than normal Glaive because it has faster flight speed to reach target faster.

As for wanting more damage on Close-quarters melee combo attacks. That should be addressed by a want for Stance combos for certain weapons to be buffed.

-Hard to see a melee combo balance when harder hitting heavy melee weapons get better range (reach) to hit more targets easily, along with maintain hit counter, and they have access to Raging Bull combo with multiple 300% multiplier attacks....how are Glaive/Daggers/Fist/Sparring supposed to keep up???!!??

All Glaive needs is to have the charge damage apply whenever the glaive is not contacting the Tenno. (So all of the combos will actually be useful)

It is supposed to be thrown, it should be a terrible slashy-slashy weapon. Glaive Prime is my most used weapon in game, its charge damage is fine. I also have a non-throw build that I use occasionally, but the damage sucks so much compared to throwing that I still end up throwing more.