Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

If you say that even with the proof right in front of your eyes I guess there's nothing to discuss about.

What proof? The people saying that it looks like a chinese/japanese dragon? 

How about the other one who lives in Hong Kong and openly debunked that statement by saying how little it actually looks like it.

Uhm ... ok ... After this comment i can't take you seriously ...

P.S. got to search that on wikipedia - it is called herpetophilia if i didn't mistake.

That is just twisting the point. Come on now....

It's just upsetting that of all the animals on earth that share some qualities with dragons, DE decided to pick the one that shares the least.

There are:

Fish: moray eels and other deep sea creatures(scales, teeth and long bodies)

Reptiles: crocodiles, alligators, lizards and snakes (spikes, armored bodies, horns, teeth)

Insects: dragonflies(wings)

But no, they took a seahorse for the face.

Edited by kiteohatto

You realize Nyx and Excalibur are not just similar, they have the same design (Except for helmet) because they were going to be the same Warframe? The only difference they were going to have was gender, now it's gender and helmet.

There are much more differences in design between Chroma and Zephyr/Ash.

Chroma's design, as i said before, was probably influenced by different kind of dragons. The body i think was influenced by Quetzacoatl, feathered arms and some other parts, the parts that are not covered in feathers i consider it as skin.

You probably don't think it looks like the usual dragons, that doesn't mean it isn't one. There are lots of dragon which look very different between each other.

As i said before, it's personal taste so there's no obvious statement. There's a bunch of people saying they like it and think and another bunch saying they don't.

There were complaints about previous warframes designs when they came out too and the people who didn't like it brought pretty much the same arguments.

...they are litteraly the same parts. Evrything from the hip to toe is 1:1 zephyrs lower body. The arm design is ashs armor with a little change. Its not about "typical dragon designs" but about lacking work. You sure can't be creative while making a body suit but this is just a poor mash-up on probably one of the most interresting themes so far.

It was supposed to be a dragon themed frame and endet up as chimera-stallion/antler. There sure are a lotta potential designs but this looks NOTHING like a dragon. Not even slightly.

Immagine working as creative artist.. or even better, chief of the creative team, and thers this guy slacking off all the time and one day he steps up to you and gives you something thats basicly mashed up previous work...would you release it? I'll be honest. I would fire this guy on spot.

Thers a 40 pages long thread about what frost misses. Generally, what went wrong, what broke the balance of multiple frames with great ideas and DE just goes ahead and makes random nervs. And now thers this guy.

But its ok since you support them right? I'd rather support the players...and missing effort is just a absolute no-go while people spend multiple 100-1000 bucks on this game.

...they are litteraly the same parts. Evrything from the hip to toe is 1:1 zephyrs lower body. The arm design is ashs armor with a little change. Its not about "typical dragon designs" but about lacking work. You sure can't be creative while making a body suit but this is just a poor mash-up on probably one of the most interresting themes so far.

I'd suggest you look at the pictures again?

To be honest... it's ugly. dragon or not that's how I see it. 

The thing is though... when they announced magician frame and bird frame I knew that I most likely wouldn't like the design. Because I know the strange art direction frames have and those themes just didn't feel like something that would produce cool looking frame for me. And it didn't¨, I don't like the looks of either Limbo or Zephyr.

But fair enough I expected that. No problem.

But when they announced a dragon frame I though that DE should be able to make something fairly cool from that theme.

But we got a half melted anteater/ash/booben/seahorse hybrid. Which is something I honestly did not expect. It came completely out of the left field this one... which makes me disappointed. I mean... how can you make dragon frame ugly, how is that even possible?

Easy, add "frame" to it. Warframe aesthetics devour most good animal themes. A dragon is a lizard. Imagine a lizard "frame". Yeah, doesn't sound good. Dragon just means it has wings and breaths fire. That doesn't make lizard frame any cooler.

I find this particular forum whine to be quite exquisite. It appears most people wanted a cliche european dragon knight. Perhaps they wanted a rhino clone for their MLGNOSCOPEMASTERLOKIRHINO squad.

So much truth in this.

Endrian's Dragon design says this is the truth.

It's just upsetting that of all the animals on earth that share some qualities with dragons, DE decided to pick the one that shares the least.

It doesn't resemble an animal that shares a qualities of a dragon. It resembles a dragon, a sea dragon. Which, still has some mythology connections to it to mythological dragons

Because when the community requested a dragon-themed frame they were requesting something that primarily looked like a dragon. We already have frames that have different elements. No one asked for a frame that could switch elements. No one asked for some lucky dragon frame. The Community wanted a traditional looking dragon frame. It's the same with the community's love of Typhus. No one wants some random Infested frame. They want Typhus. Why? Because they like the looks of the frame, which go hand-in-hand with it's functionality. But the primary thing the community likes is the look. No one's asking for Chroma to look like a carbon copy of the fan concept of a dragon frame, but people requested and expected something that looked like a traditional dragon, and for DE to say that they are doing what the community requested means that they are doing a traditional dragon-looking frame. Now, like I said, maybe DE just didn't understand that the community was more concerned with a frame that looked like a traditional dragon than a frame that functioned like one. Maybe they just didn't care. But DE made that mistake, not the community. The community was, is, and has been clear on what exactly they requested. It's DE that made the mistake and failed to deliver what the community long requested.

Steve and Scott said they were working on a dragon frame framed based around DnD chromatic dragon and its element color would affect its abilities. The concept of a dragon themed warframe has been requested forever. So DE doing saying they're doing a much requested theme is valid.

Give me quotes before DE announced they were doing a dragon frame that the community want it to look specifically traditional. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the fan concepts want dragon themed abilities. And if you're going to say you wants a dragon frame that looked like one but didn't function like one, I just find that very shallow. As abilities hold more weight tan looks in game.

I'm certain you're not the ambassador to the community, so you should speak on behalf of it

DE didn't make any mistake, people had expectations and DE had a different vision

Edited by cozzi21

Decided I'd give it a second glance after my first impression was a cartoon anteater with a bad rash...

Still a cartoon anteater with a bad rash....

Not necessarily bad,mind you...but might be hard to take seriously.

Although I don't like the design and do think it looks like an anteater, I'll say this: At least it looks like a badass, freakish anteater bred for war and carnage. Compare it to Limbo who looks straight up like a droid magician who entertains guests for Jabba the Hut. Still wouldn't be able to tell it's dragon themed if I didn't know already.

I agree. He does look cool, but he just doesn't look like a dragon.

What proof? The people saying that it looks like a chinese/japanese dragon? 

How about the other one who lives in Hong Kong and openly debunked that statement by saying how little it actually looks like it.

You don't need to live in Honk Kong to being able to use your eyes and your brain.

917c9fa22da2ff4728d5883c98f8d758.jpg

Here, it's right in front of your face. Other than showing you this picture I can't do more, try using your fantasy.

You don't need to live in Honk Kong to being able to use your eyes and your brain.

917c9fa22da2ff4728d5883c98f8d758.jpg

Here, it's right in front of your face. Other than showing you this picture I can't do more, try using your fantasy.

That looks nothing like Chroma. His snout is not the same shape as a Chinese dragon, his body shape isn't the same either (he's far too bulky).

Also it's Hong Kong. Not Honk Kong. 

I found the anti-chroma people.

ijuo8.jpg

Real mature.

Edited by ScrublordPrime