The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I remember Davey Jones having a hat, a crab claw and a peg leg. So anything pirate related rips off the pirates franchise? Had they used the liquid mercury style, there'd be complaining that he ripped off the T-1000. We could say Rhino rips off the NGR troops from Rifts. Limbo rips off traditional magicians. Zephyr rips off..... birds.

Limbo rips off Arsine Lupine*

Edited by ScrublordPrime

i will try to ignore the awesome medieval saurian frame that sits quietly in the fan zone, because i understand ... if it is too awesome, who will play the malformed ones. well. we still have rhino and saryn.

anyway. so. seahorse and such. ok. but a seahorse is a very fluid thing, not heavy and cluncky like a scorpion or something like that ... if a dev see this i just think a little bit of stretch could do the trick, i ve tried to make a quick sketch :

chromawtf.jpg

please. the actual model look like someone let him in the microwave for too long.

i will try to ignore the awesome medieval saurian frame that sits quietly in the fan zone, because i understand ... if it is too awesome, who will play the malformed ones. well. we still have rhino and saryn.

anyway. so. seahorse and such. ok. but a seahorse is a very fluid thing, not heavy and cluncky like a scorpion or something like that ... if a dev see this i just think a little bit of stretch could do the trick, i ve tried to make a quick sketch :

chromawtf.jpg

please. the actual model look like someone let him in the microwave for too long.

I can't unsee that now.... He's a microwaved ant eater! XD

Wings and enlarged, muscular shoulders? Something dragons have.

Overlapping scales with a leathery belly/interior? Also dragons.

He even has legs that almost appear digitigrade, ridges along his stomach like an alligator or eastern dragon, and he breathes fire.

Just because he doesn't straight-up look like a dragon like the original fan concept doesn't mean he isn't a dragon. It's like saying Ash isn't a ninja because he isn't wearing a traditional ninja outfit.

I'd like to point out that Chroma doesn't have wings, they're stubs attached to his shoulders.

Overlapping scales? His armour looks like strands of muscle and his belly looks plated and only the latter is found on the exterior of some dragons.

The main issue people have is not with his design but rather what we were told, We got told we were having a dragon inspired frame, yet we got this... Thing

Edited by Eredoc

the more i see the head the more i imagine a knight with a bird skull on the top, like a baseball cap. the arms are totally in front of the chest, and the chest itself took a bus hit.

finally, i dont even know if it is fat or have a very serious case of spinal deformation ... how this thing can even be considered as a warrior, even more as a ninja ?

spartan wouldve threw that in the pit, i know it.

"We need more ninja/asian based frames!" -Pre tennolive 2015

"This asian design is dumb more western frames!" -Post tennolive 2015

If it looked like an eastern style dragon I would have been thrilled, and pretty much everyone on the forums has said this to people like you who post a straw-man such as this. What this frame looks like is a Seahorse headed pregnant anteater with twizzler arms and a hunch back.

He wasn't asking o_0 you need to temper yourself he's just saying he reserves his right to be disappointed if the powers fall flat which I agree with him.Take things with a grain of salt.

*Throws Salt at the whiners*

Take that you demons! My salts compels thee!!! >;D

If the dragon theme frame looks anything but like something dragon themed then something went wrong and it needs to be fixed. Mainly I think the issue is DE not communicating with the player base enough. Sure they browse the forums but they never ask us directly. They rarely talk with the community. There needs to be more of that. More communication. Especially when making community requested frames. 

*Throws Salt at the whiners*

Take that you demons! My salts compels thee!!! >;D

My salt > your salt. Now go sit in a corner after you clean up the mess you made.

I have nothing against Nekro's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Necromancer.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Necromancer Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the bones, resembles a necromancer. The first time Nekros was teased, his powers were said to be based on nanomachines. What we have is a nanomachine Frame, not a Necromancer.

I have nothing against Oberon's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Paladin.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Paladin Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the Armor, resembles a Paladin. The first time Oberon was teased, his powers were said to be based on Nature. What we have is a Fairy Frame, not a Paladin.

I could go on and on...

+1

I was just poking around the Dark Sector wiki  (Which was a game that [DE] also developed that has served as inspiration for many things in Warframe) the other day when I just so happened to find this guy

hUBGVcw.jpg

Perhaps a long lost relative?

No. This is what inspired Volt design and the look of his second helmet, nothing to do with Chroma. 

I can call a flower a dragon. That doesn't make it a dragon, does it.

If they were going to design it off of a seahorse, why does it breath fire?

If you call a flower dragon, only you or anyone you know will call that flower dragon.

But scientists call that seahorse as seadragon. So everyoe in this world call it a seadragon.

You know why? Coz everyone will believe what scientists say, but nobody will believe you.

So, seadragon=dragon. Period.

Edited by LogaMC1995

I'm seeing a lot of misinformation here: seahorse, anteater, ancients, microwaves...

But none of these things make sense, guys. Because there's actually only one person who would need a helmet like that:

You guessed right, the King is alive!

who_is_chroma.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of misinformation here: seahorse, anteater, ancients, microwaves...

But none of these things make sense, guys. Because there's actually only one person who would need a helmet like that:

You guessed right, the King is alive!

who_is_chroma.jpg

SEE WE ALL KNEW HE WAS ALIVE! IT WAS A CONSPIRACY TO COVER UP THE ALIENS THAT LANDED AND SMOKED A DOOBIE WITH THE PRESIDENT, SO THEY FAKED THE KING'S DEATH!

I will agree--- the frame's look is not appealing in the slightest. The chest and head are quite unsettling, but the full body Twizzler skin is the biggest issue I have. I prefer my frames sleek, high tech, and enjoying to look at. Unfortunately this new frame "breaks that mold", and not in the way I was hoping. Looks aside though, the mechanics seem interesting and I'm excited to at least give it a try. Hopefully an alt helm can help coax my eyes into accepting this new frame more..