The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Whole dispute was about his design. Maybe the argument is dying out, but still only about 23% community thinks he looks ok. 49% thinks it's ant-eater frame and ugly. Over 24% are "Chroma is : meh". Remaining 4% "have no opinion".

All in all 1300 votes give some statistical tools. ~75% of community doesn't like that particular visual design.

i think people messed up two things :

the visual concept and how it is applied. this thing is not ugly, just malformed, it could be badass as F***, this is just the aspect ratio who is more than terrible

i think someone should simply give back the chromosomes he robbed. anyway. haters gonna hate, and lovers well... will probably not buy it. they will farm it and if it s proven too weak, will discard it.

but somewhere ... someone should remember that Saryn and Rhino are the most played warframes, and this is not only about their powers. i cant even imagine a game other than warframe where chroma could exist as it is.

Edited by kimahn

I understand DE's need to expand the brand, but they have stay true to it as well:

A snippet from yesterday:

Chroma doesn't resemble any current frame, but doesn't make up for it by resembling any modern or ancient archetype, either. Go check out the Kaiju Banila from the original Ultraman series...http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Banila

Mesa's design pushed the envelope, but her attitude and archetype deliver in spades as a Gunslinger.

Chroma's gameplay hook might be great (color/elemental), but ultimately his aesthetic design suffers for lack of clear direction. His design echoes infested designs, but does not resemble a frame, does not resemble a dragon, and cannot make up for these weaknesses with an animation suggestive of a strong, fire-breathing Tongan warrior.

I will not hate on the design but i was expecting something more simple like Excalibur, Loki, Volt, some bits of more armor to depict the theme for the Dragon, but whatever i have to get them all lol.

I had hoped they would make him somewhat like this. Just more Warframe future stylish if you know what I mean: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Dragon_Set

This organic thing they got going with him looks really weird. I mean, it doesn't even look like an amror! It looks like some weird animal creature thing!

The bacon is a dragon pelt, the silver is his armor, seems like dragons in warframe are made out of bacon, something that's no so bad.

EDIT: The design crap is behind us, everyone rejoice that we're getting a new buddy to add into our roster.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

i think people messed up two things :

the visual concept and how it is applied. this thing is not ugly, just malformed, it could be badass as F***, this is just the aspect ratio who is more than terrible

i think someone should simply give back the chromosomes he robbed. anyway. haters gonna hate, and lovers well... will probably not buy it. they will farm it and if it s proven too weak, will discard it.

but somewhere ... someone should remember that Saryn and Rhino are the most played warframes, and this is not only about their powers. i cant even imagine a game other than warframe where chroma could exist as it is.

as Albert Einstein once said "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."it's no fun if we do the same thing over and over.You gotta mix things up to find new and creative things.Playing a twist on dragons should be encouraged not discouraged.

Just wanted to give honest feedback:

I don't have any care for whether or not it resembles some mythology, living species, thematically accurate or otherwise.

The Warframe is ugly. I don't mind them expanding their brand nor appeasing unique tastes but it could be done in a away that so many others don't find disgusting.

There are other warframes I didn't think looked the best but they weren't hideous in my eyes. This one is pretty bad.

Hopefully they make changes and not alienate so many just to appease a select few. If not, I'm sure I'll acquire him, get him to 30 and let him die. (After testing his potential of course)

I love how there's so many comments like "They should have made him look more like XXX" but as we all know what happens on the internet when something looks anything similar to something else, this will happen, "OMG they totally ripped off XXX".

Most of the new Warframes just lost that ninja feel to me, the art design is going way off target for me sorry.

I guess there will always be frames that doesn't sit well with some people.

For example, I still don't understand - nor care at all - for mirage and her odd design.

Whole dispute was about his design. Maybe the argument is dying out, but still only about 23% community thinks he looks ok. 49% thinks it's ant-eater frame and ugly. Over 24% are "Chroma is : meh". Remaining 4% "have no opinion".

All in all 1300 votes give some statistical tools. ~75% of community doesn't like that particular visual design.

But it's well known that hate and anger drive people to vote on these types of polls more so than people who don't have much of an opinion or even if they like something. It's why you're often to see more people to write angry reviews on anything more than praise. Being content makes people lazy, being mad drives people to action. In real life, people are more likely to vote in tough times more so than in good times. Hell, I like the frame and didn't bother to vote in that poll. 

Edited by EetNotErn

But it's well known that hate and anger drive people to vote on these types of polls more so than people who don't have much of an opinion or even if they like something. It's why you're often to see more people to write angry reviews on anything more than praise. Being content makes people lazy, being mad drives people to action. In real life, people are more likely to vote in tough times more so than in good times. Hell, I like the frame and didn't bother to vote in that poll. 

Don't bring the poll up ohmygawd.gif

I hope DE not only doesnt change anything about his appearance, but also doesnt release an alt helmet for a good long while

appeasement be damned

still looks better than Limbo

so first of all, you do want them to change the frame but just not add an alt helm? 

and saying the frame looks better than possibly (in my opinion) de's worst designed frame doesn't really improve the case. 

I can't be bothered to look through the 200+ pages to see if this has been stated before, but...

The color based elemental attack thing is clearly based on DnD Chromatic Dragons.

Red dragons breath fire...

White dragons breath ice...

Green dragons breath poison...

Ect...

yes u right, the powers here are no the problem it how he looks dats the problem

Its either a guy wrapped in bacon wearing a mecha-space alligator (like Snake in MGS3 minus the bacon wrapping), or a guy wrapped in bacon with a pompadour that shoots fire.

It just hit me that this and Limbo are the recent male warframe additions.. Oh man :(

so first of all, you do want them to change the frame but just not add an alt helm? 

and saying the frame looks better than possibly (in my opinion) de's worst designed frame doesn't really improve the case. 

"I hope DE also doesn't release an alt helmet for a awhile" I agree that this is kinda silly as much as I like chromas design and wish more people would as well,people should be able to get his alt helm even if they don't like his vanilla helm on U16.

@granddozer here this might help you see betterc3906527-12f5-4714-9d52-9c403bf98135_zps

"I hope DE also doesn't release an alt helmet for a awhile" I agree that this is kinda silly as much as I like chromas design and wish more people would as well,people should be able to get his alt helm even if they don't like his vanilla helm on U16.

@granddozer here this might help you see better

-snip-

Definitely looks like a pompadour that shoots fire, I don't see what you see, but that's the beauty of art I guess. I don't like the design one bit and between this and Limbo the male warframes are starting to look like clowns but someone out there likes this and that's ok.

could be more outlandish.

chop chop Mynki, we can get weirder!

also, Polls are basically useless. the thread on it's own will have much more useful information.

I don't know that that's true. I think we should take a poll on that. 

Seriously though, what are you basing this on?