The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Then I am sure you can find the same thing in Chroma too, having everything to do with being a dragon.

The only thing we can find common is the seahorse mouth. If we look really really hard, we can spot whiskers but thats really pushing it because they are connected together.

Chroma's hints are far too subtle compared to other frames, that a lot of people something else than a "dragon". He just doesn't have dragon qualities that you can spot right off the bat.

Design is cool and people would like it if DE released it as an infested frame.

Using this logic, people should be fine with Chroma looking like a leafy sea dragon. But they're not.

Also, loki is not a jester (Mirage is) but more of an imp due to the design of his horns (loki being a god of chaos, sometimes depicted with imp-like traits). Excalibur doesn't look like a swordsman or knight (he looks like a soldier) Nothing in mag's design invokes a magnet on first glance. You're reaching just as much as people who try to claim that Chroma doesn't look like a dragon.

I don't see any leafy parts on Chroma....

How can you still deny that loki is not  a jester inspired design after seeing my picture lol....

So can we stop whining over the looks of the frame like every other time a new frame is released.

Can we instead discuss it skills? Not gonna reference datamaine stuff, but you think it's gonna be the Captain Planet of warframe? The combined strength of Forst, ember saryn and i guess hydroid?

Also on a scale of 1-10. How OP will it be?

It's really difficult to discuss his abilities when we don't know anything about their effects and function. We know that energy color will not only change the elemental type of his abilities, but also alter their functionality.

Maybe giving him green energy color would make his breath attack deal toxin damage when used against enemies, but heal when used on allies? I think that would be interesting.

So can we stop whining over the looks of the frame like every other time a new frame is released.

Can we instead discuss it skills? Not gonna reference datamaine stuff, but you think it's gonna be the Captain Planet of warframe? The combined strength of Forst, ember saryn and i guess hydroid?

Also on a scale of 1-10. How OP will it be?

It reminds me of when the name of Hydroid was revealed really. Or when Limbo was put in-game, there was rage.... but its not like DE is the one who owns the game.... oh wait.

Skills.... didnt they say he was going to be a buffer? Or a DEbuffer? I imagine he will make procs with one of his powers in an AoE.... Oh boy, Toxic proc in an AoE, Cold proc in an AoE....

I scale 8.

Do you two realize how you sound?

"Chroma is easy to guess too, he has scales over his back and thighs and his shoulders are wings. Google "medieval dragon" and you will see the similarity.

Scales :

can-stock-photo_csp2718866.jpg

Wings (bat type, cause I'm fairly sure he doesn't have feathers to use such type) :

Robat1.jpg

I don't see any of this. Looked long and hard. Those scales of yours don't look like scales. Wings... hmm maybe if they were cut off.

Because 1300+ people on a forum out of maybe a million people who play the game is totally accurate and representative of the community!

Umm yes it actually is. Try to understand how statistic works   [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistics  ]

It takes a sample from the whole population. Results that we get from that sample are fairly similiar to the whole population.

U don't believe me ? Make a simple experiment. Take a scale, and put a candybar or something on it. measure it ~10 times. You will get an average value. (and no, every single measurement is allways different even if just by a fraction). Now do it ~100 times. Results will be similiar. Now something more complex. Toss a coin. 20 and 100 times. Or put 4 differently colored balls into a box and without looking pick one, do it 100 times. Then a 1000 times. And how's your results ? :)

There would be small differences if we had 1 000 000 votes in that poll, but overall it would look similiar to what we got from 1300+ ppl (it's large enough sample).

Edited by tocorro

I don't see any leafy parts on Chroma....

How can you still deny that loki is not  a jester inspired design after seeing my picture lol....

He doesn't mean it literally lol.

That's actually the name of the creature.

Phycodurus-eques-Leafy-Seadragon-Nevil-A

The Leafy Sea Dragon.

Edited by Zarozian

It reminds me of when the name of Hydroid was revealed really. Or when Limbo was put in-game, there was rage.... but its not like DE is the one who owns the game.... oh wait.

Skills.... didnt they say he was going to be a buffer? Or a DEbuffer? I imagine he will make procs with one of his powers in an AoE.... Oh boy, Toxic proc in an AoE, Cold proc in an AoE....

I scale 8.

I hope it's Loki Prime levels of great.

Apparently we now need to extract retribution from DE for their heinous crimes.

And we shall do it with our wallets and the wallets of those who don't check the forums when the frame releases.

This is gonna be the forums on the release day. It will be glorious.

BuBTGqj.gif

I scale 8.

They said he'd be a little bit of everything, actually. His skills would be able to buff allies, debuff and CC enemies, and deal damage as well.

And we shall do it with our wallets and the wallets of those who don't check the forums when the frame releases.

BuBTGqj.gif

Awwww look someone who hasn't been on the forums after a major update!

No matter what is in the update people will complain about it. Like they are doing here!

It's really difficult to discuss his abilities when we don't know anything about their effects and function. We know that energy color will not only change the elemental type of his abilities, but also alter their functionality.

Maybe giving him green energy color would make his breath attack deal toxin damage when used against enemies, but heal when used on allies? I think that would be interesting.

It would change it's functionality as well? Was that reference in Tenno Live? I might have missed that. I'm assuming he's going to be covering the 4 main elements in the game. But wht of colors like Black? Or purple? Will he do finisher damage and magnetic? Quite a vast color array for 4 elements.

I scale 8.

He's suppose to be a team-player frame so i guess support. He might be a mix of both really, buffing allies while Debuffing enemies with his skills. Scott was happy at the thought of a team of chroma's running around the Raid.

Also if his breathe attacks proc AoE frost is going to be useless for almost anything but snowglobe.

He doesn't mean it literally lol.

That's actually the name of the creature.

Phycodurus-eques-Leafy-Seadragon-Nevil-A

The Leafy Sea Dragon.

I know what a sea dragon is. The only thing that Chroma shares with the above picture is the head, that's it. There are also other animals that have a similar head and DE has failed to add any other detail to Chroma that makes it suggest that it's a sea dragon head and not...an anteater/seahorse.

This is especially true when you look at the frame as a whole, it has a bulky body(like an ant eater), using logic and reason one would assume that if the head is an anteater shaped and the body is anteater shaped then that means its an anteater! :D

Right ?

It would be more clear if Chroma had those leafy twig things somewhere on his body, then it would destroy the ant eater look in our minds.

Edited by kiteohatto

BuBTGqj.gif

Just wallets? S#&$, I thought you were gonna drag the designer out into the street and tar and feather the guy. I mean, it's clearly his fault for ruining the update.

Better than Oberon 2015. Imagine four dragons, one using damage, one using CC, one using utility, and one using buffs.

I imagine that different elements will change the focus of his abilities. For example, making Chroma a fire dragon would put emphasis on destructive and damaging abilities, making him an ice dragon would make his abilities focus more on CC'ing and slowing enemies, electric would make him focus on buffing his allies, etc.

I imagine that different elements will change the focus of his abilities. For example, making Chroma a fire dragon would put emphasis on destructive and damaging abilities, making him an ice dragon would make his abilities focus more on CC'ing and slowing enemies, electric would make him focus on buffing his allies, etc.

I'm curious as to what the team-buffing abilties of his will do to his allies - particually the "luck" ability DE hinted at.

Fire for low level blasting, ice for high level destroying, and electric if you already have a high level destroyer.

I'm curious as to what the team-buffing abilties of his will do to his allies - particually the "luck" ability DE hinted at.

Me three.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

It would change it's functionality as well? Was that reference in Tenno Live? I might have missed that. I'm assuming he's going to be covering the 4 main elements in the game. But wht of colors like Black? Or purple? Will he do finisher damage and magnetic? Quite a vast color array for 4 elements.

He's suppose to be a team-player frame so i guess support. He might be a mix of both really, buffing allies while Debuffing enemies with his skills. Scott was happy at the thought of a team of chroma's running around the Raid.

Also if his breathe attacks proc AoE frost is going to be useless for almost anything but snowglobe.

At Tenno Live, Scott said that different elements would also alter the functionality of each his abilities, not just the elemental type.

As for the colors, I believe he said the element would depend on which color is the dominant one in your energy color choice, for example, if you pick a light blue color, if it leans more towards white than blue it will result in cold damage, if it leans more towards blue than white it will result in electric damage. I have no idea what black would do.

I know what a sea dragon is. The only thing that Chroma shares with the above picture is the head, that's it. There are also other animals that have a similar head and DE has failed to add any other detail to Chroma that makes it suggest that it's a sea dragon head and not...an anteater/seahorse.

This is especially true when you look at the frame as a whole, it has a bulky body(like an ant eater), using logic and reason one would assume that if the head is an anteater shaped and the body is anteater shaped then that means its an anteater! :D

Right ?

It would be more clear if Chroma had those leafy twig things somewhere on his body, then it would destroy the ant eater look in our minds.

Well there are lots of different Leafy Sea Dragon breeds.

I have found some with textures that match exactly to that of Chroma's shoulder texture but it won't let me post it for some reason.

A whole lotta ppl in this thread need to just

Deal with it

All of this angst over the cosmetic appearance of a Frame. Not the powers, the look.

Tsk tsk, for shame

p.s still looks better than Limbo

Is that a problem? How about you debate our argument like someone that actually knows what they are talking about instead of debating the people behind it. 

It honestly makes me sick when people like you attack the people instead of the opinion or argument.