The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Samurai armor not good enough for dragons?

Since when did Samurai wear red noodles? Because he's covered in red noodles that do not resemble any form of armor.

I would actually be fine with armor. Or scales. What we've seen has neither. And is not a dragon.

Yuk, each of the last new warframe is uglier than the previous...

Really I liked Limbo, Mesa, and Hydroid they are actually pretty cool warframes... Not sure why you think they were ugly... The design for the warframes is to be unusual. Even though Limbo was not(even though he was more unusual than his counterparts) the design of the warframes follow a pattern to be like nothing in any other game seen before, and this is true.

Since when did Samurai wear red noodles? Because he's covered in red noodles that do not resemble any form of armor.

I would actually be fine with armor. Or scales. What we've seen has neither. And is not a dragon.

Same.

I think he may be an 

aardvark

5HIjq.jpg

Edited by AMDMAD

Noodles? It looks just like samurai armor same thing that Ash wears on his arms, and legs. Its more of organic samurai armor. See...

Red_Samurai_Armour_5_by_Tulloran.jpg

If you made the armor on Chroma NOT organic it would look JUST LIKE THE ABOVE. You have to remember Warframes are designed with an organic style to them. Just de-organic everything and bam you got exactly what it looks like.

Also...

yuk please stop playing the game if you hate it so much and yeah also this http://i.imgur.com/7mMBdjd.gif

Also I agree here let me help you with that image...

7mMBdjd.gif

Noodles? It looks just like samurai armor same thing that Ash wears on his arms, and legs. Its more of organic samurai armor. See...

If you made the armor on Chroma NOT organic it would look JUST LIKE THE ABOVE. You have to remember Warframes are designed with an organic style to them. Just de-organic everything and bam you got exactly what it looks like.

Also...

7mMBdjd.gif

wish Chroma looked like that, but he doesn't, and neither does Ash.

7mMBdjd.gif

Edited by AntoineFlemming

After thoroughly looking through different concepts and extreme closups I think Chroma is actually a full plate knight wearing "dragon" pelt that's trying to take him over. I use the name "dragon" loosely because the pelt is small and the lack of any claws or scales on the pelt of a wild beast is just.....unnatural.

So, to people who were saying that "thank god it's not a dragon knight", it may as well be a dragon knight/dragonslayer/dragonshaman

Full plate metal bits.

sLkzOBY.jpg

wRP4q9C.jpg

Dragon pelt

d6pNTzF.jpg

iAVgnXx.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

this is not a dragon I'm sorry it looks like a horse! its a god damn brony frame! people have said his a Chinese dragon head but i seen Chinese dragons and there heads still look like dragon heads from the west! it has a long pony face and rainbow powers.....its just going to be another lame dps frame that probably wont be as good as something like nova or volt, i was promised a big tank dragon and got a rainbow unicorn attack, this game has enough DPS frames of every time, needs more support frames and tank frames, now IF he buffs everyone weapon with his damage type, then he would be cool BUT as it stands ill just stick with my nova

this is not a dragon I'm sorry it looks like a horse! its a god damn brony frame! people have said his a Chinese dragon head but i seen Chinese dragons and there heads still look like dragon heads from the west! it has a long pony face and rainbow powers.....its just going to be another lame dps frame that probably wont be as good as something like nova or volt, i was promised a big tank dragon and got a rainbow unicorn attack, this game has enough DPS frames of every time, needs more support frames and tank frames, now IF he buffs everyone weapon with his damage type, then he would be cool BUT as it stands ill just stick with my nova

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

yeah he really doesn't look like that XD thanks for the example , because hes got a thin long face without whiskers, that guy has a huge thick bad ! dragon head! OR HORNS! he has no dragon features! and his suit even looks like fur in a way! DRAGONS DON'T HAVE FUR!

Edited by (PS4)ProxyJames888

Here you go... Dragonic Armored anteater...

AGAIN...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/414461-take-deep-breaths-and-remember-dragonic-armored-anteater-and-then-think-of-rolling-balls/#entry4579806

Still dragon... Just put dragon in, and its still a dragon... and...

tumblr_inline_n9rcviUnDu1rbkiuh.jpg

If Chroma would be scaley, samurai-dragon-warrior-king looking, the other half of the vocal playerbase would immediately rage about how it is not enough warframey and it breaks the lore. I think personally that it's not the best looking frame, but the infested looking armor is really in synergy with the other concepts, like ash. Visualize an infested sea dragon. All the tenno has the same technocyte infestation, why it is so frikkin hard to move your brains from the hundred years old classic concepts? Warframe art direction is one of the best I've ever seen, trust them a bit more.

Here you go... Dragonic Armored anteater...

AGAIN...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/414461-take-deep-breaths-and-remember-dragonic-armored-anteater-and-then-think-of-rolling-balls/#entry4579806

Still dragon... Just put dragon in, and its still a dragon... and...

tumblr_inline_n9rcviUnDu1rbkiuh.jpg

once more that is not a dragon THAT IS A SANDSLASH! IS SANDSLASH A DRAGON TYPE! NOPE! just keep giving more examples on how this guy is a horse and or ant eater!

Edited by (PS4)ProxyJames888

Also...

-snip-

For the love of RNGESUS look at that samurai's armor, is the armor made of box shaped pieces of metal that overlap or is it made of strips of meat that look like they are melting?

If Chroma would be scaley, samurai-dragon-warrior-king looking, the other half of the vocal playerbase would immediately rage about how it is not enough warframey and it breaks the lore. I think personally that it's not the best looking frame, but the infested looking armor is really in synergy with the other concepts, like ash. Visualize an infested sea dragon. All the tenno has the same technocyte infestation, why it is so frikkin hard to move your brains from the hundred years old classic concepts? Warframe art direction is one of the best I've ever seen, trust them a bit more.

It's cute that you assume that half of the playerbase like this ugly P.O.C.

For the love of RNGESUS look at that samurai's armor, is the armor made of box shaped pieces of metal that overlap or is it made of strips of meat that look like they are melting?

Have you never seen a warframe mimic something before? Like Loki's pants or Frost's coat or literally any aspect of any frame?

Look at the seams on the arms of a set of samurai armor. Compare them to Chroma's arms.

It's cute that you assume that half of the playerbase like this ugly P.O.C.

people want it to be a awesome looking dragon so hard but it is totally a ulgy ant eater that vomits rainbows

Have you never seen a warframe mimic something before? Like Loki's pants or Frost's coat or literally any aspect of any frame?

Look at the seams on the arms of a set of samurai armor. Compare them to Chroma's arms.

ok compared, chroma arms looks like fur the armor looks like armor whats your point 

Let people burn with the hatred of a thousand suns at a look they don't like!!  Lol, seriously people get to worked up over new designs.  The idea that every design has to please some imaginary majority is weird to me.  I like Chroma! No Bully!! :P

For the record-Not one of us could pretend to know what the majority actually thinks on this. Could be more yays than nays or the other way around. There is an actual majority, it's not imaginary, we just don't know where the majority stands.

What we do know is that there is a big enough outcry of unhappy people that if there is some reasonable way to make them happy it's worth considering. that is were alt helmets have come in handy on many other frames. 

So instead of being needlessly combative we can enjoy the fact that we have helmet OPTIONS so different people with different preferences can be happy. 

Can you think of a negative to DE showing a few alt helmets that could potentially please different folks? 

Edited by Ronyn

*facepalms slowly*

I am losing my patience with you people. I thought this was a dragon themed frame. Not a samurai themed frame. If you need to look for the seams on the arms of a samurai's suit of armor then it is fairly self evident that a samurai was not used as part of the inspiration of the frame.