The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I don't think it'd matter. To me, he does look like a man with a Dragon pelt of some sort, the issue I have is that his helmet, quite frankly, looks wrong. The issue, I think, is that they emphasized the dragon head more than his actual head, so his actual head looks like his neck. If they put more emphasize on the head part of the helmet, rather than the Dragon snout, then I think it might have been better.

All in all, though, to me it's not that he doesn't look like a Dragon, but rather the design of his helmet just looks plain wrong and awkward.

Definitely less disappointed but not completely disappointed. The design for Typhus is probably what most people would be expecting but the end design for Chroma does look infested so it wouldn't have been as rough, for sure. He was marketed as a dragon and we got an anteater with 3rd degree burns.

Yes, hes head its just like the one from lephantis ,

I actually went back and looked at both heads, and both barely resemble each other besides the fact that both are thin. =/

On topic: No because I would get conflicted feelings seeing as I just saw the infected frame spit fire out. I haven't seen too many infected that do that. And the armor underneath would bother me as well.

Edited by Darkmoone1

This is what I don't get.........if someone says they don't like something.   Why do you feel the need to ask them 100 different ways of the same question to see if they change their opinion.

If they think it is UGLY, then it is UGLY (in their perspective.) 

Get over it.

Guys it's pretty obvious why they do this. It's happened with several frames now. They make the default helmet ugly so that you'll purchase the good looking alt-helmets. Think of Valkyr, Oberon, Hydroid, Mirage, Limbo, etc.

tinfoil.jpg

In other news This person just solved the mystery behind it's looks:

...and not a dragon itself.

He is a boy Zephyr.

Here it is. Forgive my poor photoshop mashup.

Large image below.

sol66nB.jpg

Everyone pack up boys, funs over, mystery solved. This should be posted to the front page for clarity because I'm pretty certain its what DE intended for it to be.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Yes, hes head its just like the one from lephantis , i would say they nailed it ,if it was an infected warframe, but its not

Well, how do we know Chroma isn't an infested-based frame? 

We don't.

Yes, Chroma was designed supposedly as a dragon, but he REALLY looks like there's some infestation there. Additionally, dragons are traditionally thought of as giant creatures, and the one way to get that in Warframe that we know of is the infestation. 

But, speculation is speculation. It would be better for DE to keep "dragon" in the theme, but add beforehand "infested dragon".

This is what I don't get.........if someone says they don't like something.   Why do you feel the need to ask them 100 different ways of the same question to see if they change their opinion.

If they think it is UGLY, then it is UGLY (in their perspective.) 

Get over it.

No.  They think it's ugly because it isn't their point of view of a dragon.  And they gave us that reasoning too!

If we were getting an infested frame... we sure as hell want it to be ugly and gross!  who wouldn't!?  well i would... at least

Edited by GoatGodJohn

Interesting points here. Would be interested to see what Chroma would look like under the dragon pelt if it were removable. It is also possible that it will have cloth physics and will act like a shirt on me, flopping around a bit but within reason. 

Guys it's pretty obvious why they do this. It's happened with several frames now. They make the default helmet ugly so that you'll purchase the good looking alt-helmets. Think of Valkyr, Oberon, Hydroid, Mirage, Limbo, etc.

*snip*

Didn't you say you were taking a break from the forums until U16 hits? What changed?

EXACTLY! However, I have to disagree with you on Valkyr and Hydroid's default helmets being ugly. They're just less desirable than their alts.

Interesting points here. Would be interested to see what Chroma would look like under the dragon pelt if it were removable. It is also possible that it will have cloth physics and will act like a shirt on me, flopping around a bit but within reason. 

Yeah, i think it will flop around a lot when sprinting.

Edited by kiteohatto

Didn't you say you were taking a break from the forums until U16 hits? What changed?

Saw some dirty posting and felt like speaking out. Updates right around the corner so I might as well monitor and post when I have something that needs my attention.

EXACTLY! However, I have to disagree with you on Valkyr and Hydroid's default helmets being ugly. They're just less desirable than their alts.

I don't like Hydroid's default helmet because the cloth on it has terrible clipping issues. It clips straight into his face most of the time, especially when in motion.