The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I personally don't really mind the helmet that much, since all I have to do is to farm the alt helmet, which is clearly going to be better than the default helmet.

I find the body horrendous. Those slabs of infested meat covering his arms and legs, making him look like a messy mass of flubber. That's what kills it for me.
DE, if you hype a dragon frame, give us a goddamn dragon frame.

His theme is really obvious when you look at the gif:

kkf8Wpg.gif

He's a beast, pure and simple. Chroma looks like a barely refined Infested unit, with vague hints towards dragons/lizards and monsters in general. Again, I think the original photo of him is completely unflattering, with the worst poses and angles possible.

I look at this gif of Chroma and all I see is wild, untamed ferocity. Aardvark/seahorse/anteater aside, he's a beast. A nice departure from the semi-clothing styles of Mesa/Limbo/Hydroid.

I really hope his abilities are more than just press-X-to-deal-damage, and actually provide some use in teams.

See, I saw that first and was like, ok, mouth looks kinda small, but he's being all dragon-like, but the final shot, the picture, is terrible. Thing is, just because Chroma looks decent from the front doesn't mean that he's ok. The final shot revealed what the frame really looked like, and that's what looks bad. IMO, he only looks decent from the front, when the rest of his details are hidden.

kkf8Wpg.gif

He's a beast, pure and simple. Chroma looks like a barely refined Infested unit, with vague hints towards dragons/lizards and monsters in general. Again, I think the original photo of him is completely unflattering, with the worst poses and angles possible.

I look at this gif of Chroma and all I see is wild, untamed ferocity. Aardvark/seahorse/anteater aside, he's a beast. A nice departure from the semi-clothing styles of Mesa/Limbo/Hydroid.

I really hope his abilities are more than just press-X-to-deal-damage, and actually provide some use in teams.

The only thing I can call draconic about chroma in that gif is the fact that he spewed fire and the terrible looking semi-dragonlike helmet.

If you make him walk on all fours. Maybe he's a decent lizard hairless kubrow thing? not sure but i dont think i can use this frame just from a purely aesthetic stand point just a horrible horrible hideous frame i cant state my dissatisfaction enough with this frame.

I was thinking and what if when he activates his ultimate his dragon pelt comes off as and acts like a pet dragon. Maybe he'll look more normal when in his ultimate mode or something.

That would be awesome.

Chroma is actually confirmed to be wearing a pelt.

Where was that? From de?

The only thing I can call draconic about chroma in that gif is the fact that he spewed fire and the terrible looking semi-dragonlike helmet.

First and foremost, Chroma is a Warframe. If Chroma was released before Hydroid/Mirage/Limbo/Mesa, and perhaps even before Oberon, nobody would care so much about his theme. People originally thought Zephyr was a fish/aquatic frame when her model was 'leaked'

I can see the dragon.

I can see the anteater.

If I try really hard, I can even see the knight.

But above all, I can see the Warframe, I can feel the primal nature behind Chroma's design. Chroma is still far more themed than the likes of Excalibur, Frost, Rhino, Ash, and all the rest of the old frames. Almost everyone here takes one look at Chroma and goes "wtf is that thing", and that's the same reaction I had to Ash, Excalibur, Volt, and Loki when I first started this game. Over time I came to see the warrior-knight qualities in Excalibur, the lethal predator vibes from Ash, and the tactical and manipulative god that is Loki.

Not going to lie, I really liked Mesa, Limbo, and all the other newer frames, much more than I liked Chroma initially (what is that lizard gorilla mosquito doing in my Warframe). But after reading all the blind criticism and hate for Chroma, I decided to reevaluate him and take a fresh look on things. Yes, he's not the prettiest little lizard thing in the bunch, but he captures that alien, otherwordly feeling that drew me into Warframe so much more than any other design yet.

So what if he's not a dragon? Maybe he does look like the result of an affair between a seahorse and a aardvark. What really matters is that he's definitely a Warframe.

I'm just worried that Chroma is a bit too alien in the game and nothing except the Iliac set will look nice on him.

Edited by Draciusen

No.  They think it's ugly because it isn't their point of view of a dragon.  And they gave us that reasoning too!

If we were getting an infested frame... we sure as hell want it to be ugly and gross!  who wouldn't!?  well i would... at least

Can't argue that if that was their excuse.

Me personally, it's ugly no matter what P.O.V.   I don't like it.  But I'm not going to force my opinion down people's throats.  I simply don't care enough.   I'm not that immature.  I remember when Nyx Prime was released, I LOVED and still LOVE her helmet, her everything.  And I remember people hating her helmet and making threads about it.  I let them be, because it's their opinion and at the end of the day.  DE and their artist isn't going to change what they put their heart in.

Unless it makes sense of course.

kkf8Wpg.gif

I really did miss how the frames had organic-looking armor. Even Loki and Excalibur looked like their armor was grown on them. Mesa and limbo were way too refined/inorganic looking. Though I'd say hydroid is still pretty organic, except for his coat tail. Also it's not Dragon McDragonson, the dragon frame (by the way, he's based off of a dragon), which is pretty nice too. It's still sort of there: little wings on the shoulders, that tail thing, and the snout, but it's not beating you over the head with it. Hopefully they'll keep up the trend, for once.

I really did miss how the frames had organic-looking armor. Even Loki and Excalibur looked like their armor was grown on them. Mesa and limbo were way too refined/inorganic looking. Though I'd say hydroid is still pretty organic, except for his coat tail. Also it's not Dragon McDragonson, the dragon frame (by the way, he's based off of a dragon), which is pretty nice too. It's still sort of there: little wings on the shoulders, that tail thing, and the snout, but it's not beating you over the head with it. Hopefully they'll keep up the trend, for once.

I would be fine if they could at least clean up the look a bit and not make it look like he was armored in meat.

Ok so the knight wearing a dragon pelt thing has given me a new appreciation for the warframe. He's completely alright in my eyes now. Not sure for the rest of you, but i've come to terms with it....

My only complaint is that I wish DE gave us more information instead of having us discuss for 75 additional pages on what it looks like. I can imagine them sitting and laughing at all the things we think it looks like. ;-;