Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Real Rifle Gun :0 .lets Make Prime Serration

felinena

I look at a rifle gun in warframe. its have poor mod . and pistol have better mod than it. its calculate very easy . pistol got

286 % dmg booster . its a bit few than rifle couz rifle got 330% dmg booster . but pistol got 180 multiple shoot and its instant with 60% attack speed. that a thing is rifle not have couz rifle got nothing at speed fire . and only 90% mutiple shot. 

Well i look back in my life . I was born in 3rd country world.  my country have a coup'dtat 35 time + since world war 2. Well. My country just disarm all civilan only 15 year ago . I mean complete disarm . They already try to disarm like 10 year before that time. Goverment Keep broadcast about return your rifle gun to nearest  military camp or police station . and they replace it with shotgun is have 8 bullet. its spend like ten year. and 15 Year ago govement declare. anyone have this rifle gun will got jail and punish by law.

Rifle is rifle gun its have 20 30 40  bullet. its can shoot elepahnt ,tiger even aligator down . its can shoot automatic and spend all  bullet at short time. my parent try to  teach me how to shoot when i am six year old . but i cant shoot it couz its too much power and gonna broke my arm by just 1 shot . but well finaly i know how to shoot , how to clean it . and in my memory i still remeber my parent always told me keep bullet clean or its will jam.and my duty in that my period time is keep clean a gun and bullet for my parent  :e 

Well . lets back to a topic point. Since rifle gun has been remove by miltary . and they replace it with a shotgun . or pistol. well ...shotgun is low power than rifle and pistol cant even kill a tiger or elephant by few shot. pistol have only few bullet . not over 10 and shotgun is fix only 8 or 5 .everyone miss our old rifle gun . and gun is cheap too . couz in that time its cost only 3 chicken . or 1 rice bag. and bullet is more cheaper. well since its illegal no one wanan got jail and since our forest is turn to industry . farmland. rice plant. no one hunt animal for food anymore. most animal is protect by law. and most alligator is in alligator farm for meat and other part. and a gun is for self defend from bad ppl only but well .. 

low power is a low power.  :e ! 

sometime when heavy strom is come. alligator is flee from farm couz flooding. and a gun is most ppl have cant kill it by 1 shot. most ppl complain about how poor power it is if compare with rifle gun .  

Now lets back to warframe. look we have rifle but its not real rifle couz of mod. and i pround to say . some pistol is better than rifle gun in here. and I always use some of it as main during level up my mastery . 

serration is old mod. I remeber it from old kiste. and remeber i do kisten 9 time for got 1 of it for fusion . its copper grade. not silver or gold. I asking for upgrade it  to prime serration !!

everyone agree with me. cheerio my post . show our hand up and said. lets release prime serration ! \(-^ o ^ -)/ 

I highly disagree. Rifles are far from weak, they are among the most used and sought after weapon types in the game. Primed Serration means you'd need a rank 15 or rank 20 legendary serration mod. This would take 2000+ rare 5 cores to max and further increase power creep/ decrease weapon variety. There would be no reason to use anything besides boltor prime and soma prime

The only way I can imagine a Primed Serration being even remotely approximating something that could be considered 'balanced', is if it had some ridiculous requirements to optimize;

R0: +5% per polarized slot (max 8 slots)

R10: +55% per polarized slot (max 8 slots)

Then again, since they seem to be heading towards removing Serration, why bother?

Edited by Kthal

There will probably never be a Prime Serration simply because it is already a 10-rank mod. All other Prime mods are 10-rank versions of existing mods that are not 10-ranks, thereby retaining the same quantity per rank, but increasing the rank ceiling of the particular mod.

while i agree in principle that the Damage Mods are very disparate from each other, and the often same or higher Damage Sidearms having Triplex shot over Duplex shot, and more Damage Boost as well.

while Rifles don't even have atleast 100% Multishot.

but just adding more Damage isn't a good answer. making them more comporable yes, but not just adding more stats. just making them more equal. (which i think we could successfully do if we had 8 of each type of Mod (or atleast several) at levels that Players could pick and choose which ones support their Playstyle(s) best, all of which being viable ideally.

I highly disagree. Rifles are far from weak, they are among the most used and sought after weapon types in the game.

the only Rifles that compete against Sidearms are ones that are Crit Based.

elsewise Sidearms are almost always superior.

Sidearms have a 9.6x Damage Boost from their basic 'always Equip' Mods, while Rifles is 5.3x.

and Rifles only pull ahead with Crits because Sidearms have terrible Crit Damage Mods. which should be fixed... as they are so terrible they're not worth Equipping. but the disparity between the two classes should also be smoothed out ofcourse.

Edit:

Primed Split Chamber.

would that be... +99% Multishot?

>.<

Edited by taiiat

I look at a rifle gun in warframe. its have poor mod . and pistol have better mod than it. its calculate very easy . pistol got

286 % dmg booster . its a bit few than rifle couz rifle got 330% dmg booster . but pistol got 180 multiple shoot and its instant with 60% attack speed. that a thing is rifle not have couz rifle got nothing at speed fire . and only 90% mutiple shot. 

Well i look back in my life . I was born in 3rd country world.  my country have a coup'dtat 35 time + since world war 2. Well. My country just disarm all civilan only 15 year ago . I mean complete disarm . They already try to disarm like 10 year before that time. Goverment Keep broadcast about return your rifle gun to nearest  military camp or police station . and they replace it with shotgun is have 8 bullet. its spend like ten year. and 15 Year ago govement declare. anyone have this rifle gun will got jail and punish by law.

Rifle is rifle gun its have 20 30 40  bullet. its can shoot elepahnt ,tiger even aligator down . its can shoot automatic and spend all  bullet at short time. my parent try to  teach me how to shoot when i am six year old . but i cant shoot it couz its too much power and gonna broke my arm by just 1 shot . but well finaly i know how to shoot , how to clean it . and in my memory i still remeber my parent always told me keep bullet clean or its will jam.and my duty in that my period time is keep clean a gun and bullet for my parent  :e 

Well . lets back to a topic point. Since rifle gun has been remove by miltary . and they replace it with a shotgun . or pistol. well ...shotgun is low power than rifle and pistol cant even kill a tiger or elephant by few shot. pistol have only few bullet . not over 10 and shotgun is fix only 8 or 5 .everyone miss our old rifle gun . and gun is cheap too . couz in that time its cost only 3 chicken . or 1 rice bag. and bullet is more cheaper. well since its illegal no one wanan got jail and since our forest is turn to industry . farmland. rice plant. no one hunt animal for food anymore. most animal is protect by law. and most alligator is in alligator farm for meat and other part. and a gun is for self defend from bad ppl only but well .. 

low power is a low power.  :e ! 

sometime when heavy strom is come. alligator is flee from farm couz flooding. and a gun is most ppl have cant kill it by 1 shot. most ppl complain about how poor power it is if compare with rifle gun .  

Now lets back to warframe. look we have rifle but its not real rifle couz of mod. and i pround to say . some pistol is better than rifle gun in here. and I always use some of it as main during level up my mastery . 

serration is old mod. I remeber it from old kiste. and remeber i do kisten 9 time for got 1 of it for fusion . its copper grade. not silver or gold. I asking for upgrade it  to prime serration !!

everyone agree with me. cheerio my post . show our hand up and said. lets release prime serration ! \(-^ o ^ -)/ 

Obviously, nobody eats elephants for food.  This isn't a 1960s Safari, but the name 'Elephant Gun' is known as an OP shotgun with major armor piercing power.   Google it if you haven't heard of it...

while i agree in principle that the Damage Mods are very disparate from each other, and the often same or higher Damage Sidearms having Triplex shot over Duplex shot, and more Damage Boost as well.

while Rifles don't even have atleast 100% Multishot.

but just adding more Damage isn't a good answer. making them more comporable yes, but not just adding more stats. just making them more equal. (which i think we could successfully do if we had 8 of each type of Mod (or atleast several) at levels that Players could pick and choose which ones support their Playstyle(s) best, all of which being viable ideally.

the only Rifles that compete against Sidearms are ones that are Crit Based.

elsewise Sidearms are almost always superior.

Sidearms have a 9.6x Damage Boost from their basic 'always Equip' Mods, while Rifles is 5.3x.

and Rifles only pull ahead with Crits because Sidearms have terrible Crit Damage Mods. which should be fixed... as they are so terrible they're not worth Equipping. but the disparity between the two classes should also be smoothed out ofcourse.

Edit:

would that be... +99% Multishot?

>.<

what in the world are you talking about. I can name PLENTY of rifles that aren't crit that can beat out secondaries. Torid, Boltor Prime, Opticor, Ogris, Penta to name a few. Primed serration is not a solution because then people will whine that we need a primed hornet strike, then the cycle starts ALLLL over again. Power creep is always bad

Edited by cyrus106

I can name PLENTY of rifles that aren't crit that can beat out secondaries.

Primed serration is not a solution

those Weapons have no Analogues in the Sidearms class.

the only one that's close is Angstrum, which is designed for cutting down big groups of lesser Enemies whereas the Primary versions are more for nuking larger Enemies.

all of the others you mentioned literally have no analogue in the Sidearms class. no Weapons that function like them at all.

and thank you for telling me statcrepe isn't a solution. if you read what i posted, you would have seen that i already said that.

You've never watched the devstreams have you? Cause they've been wanting to GET RID OF SERRATION! And redo the whole system into a Damage 3.0 since mods like Serrations and such just mess up the whole balance and flow of DPS. They aren't going to make a Primed Serration both because of that reason and that "Primed" mods are upgrading mods that are capped at Rank 5 up to a Rank 10 version.

I'm just wondering that if they really are going to possibly remove Serration then why does Primed Point Blank exist?

Shotguns don't use serrations so when it's removed I guess shotguns will have more power on top of the situational mods DE plans to add... perhaps their way of making shot guns good?

Shotguns don't use serrations so when it's removed I guess shotguns will have more power on top of the situational mods DE plans to add... perhaps their way of making shot guns good?

I know that but my point was that Point Blank is the "Serration" of shotguns so if they are removing Serration then why did they just add the primed version of shotgun's Serration?  It wouldn't make sense to remove Serration yet leave mods like Point Blank, Hornet Strike, and Pressure Point for the other weapon classes in the game.

First off;  Real life comparisons, right out the airlock.  They've got no bearings here so none of that stuff matters at all.

Anyways, Primed Serration is a bad idea entirely and (if we go by the trend noted in Legendary Mods) won't even be a thing as it is.  So to go beyond that, why is it a bad idea?  Well beyond the obvious powercreep, it's not like primary weapons are underpowered... like at all.

See, in Warframe the general "way" in which weapons function is a bit different than what you'd generally expect.  If you take a look at sidearms in other games they've generally got snappily fast handling/swifter ADS/notably quicker reload speeds.  Well the Warframe sidearms have pretty much none of those traits across the board.  Instead the sidearms here are focused single target weapons for the most part, leaving crowd based attacks to rifles.

To further exemplify that trend, look at the mod sets available to each.  Pistols get more raw damamage, more multishot, and two multishot mods.  Whereas Rifles get a drastically better punch through mod as well as many of their guns having innate punchthrough as it is.

The crit primaries, at times, fly in the face of this concept of course.  That's a good thing though in terms of ideology, having some alternate things that don't fit the usual flow.  Of course there's always the issue of balance itself being a bit out of whack here, but things tend to get reigned in over time... hopefully.

Generally speaking, rifles are effectively always better at handling larger crowds of foes with their not bad by any merit damage and large clip sizes with modestly good reload speeds.  Giving them more damage "because I said so" flies in the face of the currently in place balance style and is an outright bad idea.

So in short, all the nopes.

what in the world are you talking about. I can name PLENTY of rifles that aren't crit that can beat out secondaries. Torid, Boltor Prime, Opticor, Ogris, Penta to name a few. Primed serration is not a solution because then people will whine that we need a primed hornet strike, then the cycle starts ALLLL over again. Power creep is always bad

^ See what I did there ? ^

If you aren't modding your Opticor for crits, then you're truly missing out on something.. Some things like this for example :

C31qu10.jpg

Obviously, nobody eats elephants for food. This isn't a 1960s Safari, but the name 'Elephant Gun' is known as an OP shotgun with major armor piercing power.   Google it if you haven't heard of it...

No. While I have no comment to OP... but first, obviously there are people eating elephants, though I don't know if I want to try it. Maybe it's OP to our average guns and current generation, but the gun exists and that is the fact. Also, WF is a setting in the future... and we have more guns than just simply armor piercing... Even just for a piercing armor shotgun, you can just put some piercing mods into the Kohm.

You can build elemental on opticor and it performs JUST FINE bro

True, but I build it for both crits and elemental, and it performs INSANELY FINE, bro :)

Sure, the crit chance isn't extremely high, but I still think it's worth modding for, especially when you can hit such insane numbers with a crit build.