Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not A Valid Excuse For Anything, Ever.

chuckdm

Fun Fact: when the G3 attacks, if someone gets captured they are forced out of the mission. They didn't abort, they got booted because they were captured.

This is what probably happened, blaming the player is just stupid when its the host migration system(horrible one) fault.

Well...I intended to just let this die but...FML I can't.

1) I never said it wasn't a game.  I agree, very factual statement.  What I said was that "It's just a game," while a true and totally correct thing for one to say, is NOT an excuse for either A) Doing something stupid OR B) Being unable to admit you did something stupid.

This was my problem.  Honestly, I've been farming a half-dozen other things a lot longer than that Brakk receiver, and I don't currently have a loadout with a sidearm I'd like to replace anyway.  It was never about losing the receiver.  My problem was, and still is, the cavaleir attitude with which the little prick completely dismissed my valid complaint.

2) He wasn't dead yet when he disconnected.  Having the sentinel deploy the dome around you does not instantly disconnect you.  Having that dome deploy over ALL the players in the mission instantly disconnects everyone.  As long as one player remains standing and defeats the G3, their sentinels die, and the dome goes away, then you have standard revive time to bring them back.  Nothing about his situation was doomed, the match was totally winnable.

3) He played another 2 rounds before he left the squad.  Unless he was going 7/5 just to mess with me, it was not his 5/5 match.

4) Almost 2 hours later he's still showing as online in game.  Clearly it wasn't his lass mission for the day.

5) Agreed that Valkyr is a much more melee centric frame than Excal.  Entirely possible he doesn't have a Valkyr.  Doesn't matter because his choice of loadout was never my problem, I was memely demonstrating that he was unequipped to even try to handle Leekter on his own.

6) If he had stayed with me instead of running ahead, I'd have beaten all 3 much faster and none of this would've happened.  Instead, he seems to be one of these YOLO-idiots who is more interested in doing stupid things to amuse their 10 year old friends than actually winning the match.

7) Winning is what makes a game fun.  Winning with style and flair makes it far more fun.  Losing negates anything else that might've made it fun.  So no, if his goal was fun, "It's just a game" still really, really doesn't excuse his behavior.

8) And no, he didn't even need an excuse.  All he had to do was say "sorry dudebro, I mesed up, my bad" and all would've been forgiven.  It was his attitude of being completely unable to recognize that what he did was wrong that set me off.

Once again, I am just trying to explain to any new players: don't use this as an excuse when you mess up.  If you mess up, fess up, then we can both move on.  That's all I'm asking.  Is that really asking so freaking much?

well, there are "better" places to do that, just do it in an earth or mercury mission 

EDIT: btw, one question: when u killed the G3, did he die or was he alive? if he was dead then I can understand, cos most newbies and idiots just leave after they're dead and consumed their revives for the day, this has happened to me several times, they just don't know about all of this hosting **** 

when you get downed by g3 you get that funny thing over you so you cannot "die" during that period

Fun Fact: when the G3 attacks, if someone gets captured they are forced out of the mission. They didn't abort, they got booted because they were captured.

erm... nope?

half of my encounters with g3 haven't went how they went if it worked this way :P

it works this way with zanuka hunter (for reasons) but in matter of g3 as long as anyone in team is alive and not captured no one is booted out of mission

[i had some time ago a situation on mid-level grineer survival when g3 came after me got me down and after that the last player alive in a team (two other just left mission) was kiting all grineer spawns and also g3 by at least 3-5 minutes before we run out of air and then he delibately moved to extraction]

His profile said he had just over 3700 kills.  I'm presuming that by nearly 4k kills you have some vague idea what you're doing.  I suppose you COULD play that much and still be clueless.

Lol, 4k kills is  a newbie. And maybe he knows what he was doing? Just because you don´t know doesn´t mean he doesn´t know.

And btw. rant threads are never good for anything, except for the OP to look like a total douchebag.

I know that feel OP. This is why I play solo for all but the hardest missions. 

I hate dealing with idiocy. Especially if it causes the failure of a certain objective that I want to achieve.

"It's just a game" may be correct but it does not justify you ruining the game for other people. Other people want to enjoy the game and earn in game items, just because you do not feel like doing it does not mean you have any right whatsoever of interfering with that. 

Currently to me the concept of "teamwork" in warframe is nonexistent. There is no teamwork. There is no communication. There is no penalty if you fail to do what your teammates are doing. 

I think there should be a system where you could report players that have proven to be unable to work as a team and seemingly deliberately sabotage the game. Something like what CSGO does (except it allows you to view and report hackers). When a report is sent in it automatically makes a recording of what happened in game and sends it with the report for ease of viewing (chat log included), this allows you to easily see what is going on. The fact that qualified players are able to view these recordings and act on them is a definite plus as it takes some of the burden off the developers of the game.  

Lol, 4k kills is  a newbie. And maybe he knows what he was doing? Just because you don´t know doesn´t mean he doesn´t know.

And btw. rant threads are never good for anything, except for the OP to look like a total douchebag.

Well...4k kills at 200/mission is 20 rounds.  The fact that he had Sedna unlocked tells me he likely acquired most of those 4k kills doing assassination missions, which either someone ran him through, or else he managed to solo on his own.  Given that, he couldn't have been a total newbie regardless of kill count.  I'm not saying he was a veteran (because even the most stuckup veteran would've admitted what they did was wrong in this case) but newbie he was not.

Also, I just checked his profile again.  He has a maxed Ember Prime, and no other frames, along with a total of 6 weapons, including his MK1-Braton he didn't even bother to bring with him, and also a maxed Soma.  My wild guess would be he got a small amount of free plat from login rewards, then traded it for a good frame and built 2 good guns.  Why he didn't bring THOSE instead is beyond me.  Oh and he's MR5.  So once again, not a complete newbie.

And yeah, I know.  But at this point I'm willing to look like the douchiest douchebag that ever douched as long as it stops one other player from pulling a stunt like this.

I know that feel OP. This is why I play solo for all but the hardest missions. 

I hate dealing with idiocy. Especially if it causes the failure of a certain objective that I want to achieve.

"It's just a game" may be correct but it does not justify you ruining the game for other people. Other people want to enjoy the game and earn in game items, just because you do not feel like doing it does not mean you have any right whatsoever of interfering with that. 

Currently to me the concept of "teamwork" in warframe is nonexistent. There is no teamwork. There is no communication. There is no penalty if you fail to do what your teammates are doing. 

I think there should be a system where you could report players that have proven to be unable to work as a team and seemingly deliberately sabotage the game. Something like what CSGO does (except it allows you to view and report hackers). When a report is sent in it automatically makes a recording of what happened in game and sends it with the report for ease of viewing (chat log included), this allows you to easily see what is going on. The fact that qualified players are able to view these recordings and act on them is a definite plus as it takes some of the burden off the developers of the game.  

Thanks for the empathy (though again not what I'm looking for, it's still appreciated.)

To be honest, Warframe needs quick comms.  They're an idea from back when people had no bandwidth for VoIP so you could send a pre-recorded voice message to other people like "hold fire" or "guard this position" or whatever.  One game that does this really, really well is FreeAllegiance.  I am always saddened that an open sourced game originally created in the early 1990s has such a useful feature that nearly no modern games support.  Even the scant few games with a good waypoint/marker system don't have the voice messages to match, and those are important.

In this case, I could've told him to rally, to prepare for a tough fight, or even just to run away (if he had just outran Leekter rather than trying to melee him with his Skana I could've swooped in and saved him in time).  I don't think he would've listened because it seems quite apparent that he has no interest in playing well regardless, but at least I would've had the option to quickly send a message without having to slowly type it while under fire.

But again, my issue is with his attitude after the fact.  There's no excuse for that.

when you get downed by g3 you get that funny thing over you so you cannot "die" during that period

erm... nope?

half of my encounters with g3 haven't went how they went if it worked this way :P

it works this way with zanuka hunter (for reasons) but in matter of g3 as long as anyone in team is alive and not captured no one is booted out of mission

[i had some time ago a situation on mid-level grineer survival when g3 came after me got me down and after that the last player alive in a team (two other just left mission) was kiting all grineer spawns and also g3 by at least 3-5 minutes before we run out of air and then he delibately moved to extraction]

When you die, you get pulled out of your mission, mission failed, no chance to revive.

Edited by Coatduck

When you die, you get pulled out of your mission, mission failed, no chance to revive.

If your entire squad dies, like they did in that mission, then yes, yes you do.

This was not the case here. I was very much alive and well, even if the other player was down.  In fact, due to the mission fail after migration, I didn't even get bolted - because they didn't defeat me.  Also why I still have my mark.

Also, I don't think he got bolted, either.  If he did, it wasn't showing for the next 2 missions, at all.

Why is "Its just a game" not a valid excuse? 

Imagine this: You're playing Battlefield: Hardline. You emptied your clip and start to reload. As luck would have it you actually started a Unique Reload Animation [1 in 10000 chance] only to be killed by a sniper 100m away not even halfway through the animation.

It's just a game, right? *hunts down that sniper for the rest of the day*

Imagine this: You're playing Battlefield: Hardline. You emptied your clip and start to reload. As luck would have it you actually started a Unique Reload Animation [1 in 10000 chance] only to be killed by a sniper 100m away not even halfway through the animation.

It's just a game, right? *hunts down that sniper for the rest of the day*

The straw man is no replacement for an actual reason. 

Well in the example the OP gave there is no trolling happening at all, the OP was raging and chose to rage at a player rather than the game for screwing him over.

To me it looks like a thin line between trolling and just a bad player experience, the line being that random player's intention.  Whether he intended to or not he caused the op some grief.  If the random had put out a message of the like: 'Oh you got that one rare brakk part you need? Let's see if you keep it [Disconnects].' As I see it, adding that one line of text would mark the difference between what the Op experienced and a true trolling experience but gameplay wise both experiences would be identical.

I have loadout with excalibur(no coloring,no attachments),lato,braton and skana called deceiver.

It's fun watching people get confused when a rank 18 player joins with this loadout and still does the job.

As for losing the Brakk part, it happens i lost couple of detron parts this way, usually takes few hours to simmer down.

Bahahah I am totally gonna do just that :')

I don't like the way you're representing my alliance

The attitude you're displaying gives me a distaste for your membership

This is just a game and you're taking the action s of an obvious inexperienced player too seriously this is about the brakk part

If you hadn't encountered g 3 and lost it you wouldn't have cared about his disco or his reply nor would you have felt it necessary to humiliate him to other players in the group or come to the forum and not only show the world how you treat players but waste forum space and then passively insult the forum community .... "I guess I shouldn't have tried that here"

I'm disappointed

Now as for the player

He was obviously inexperienced. Soma is Mr six. That being said he is probably a return player who got it when it first came out. In fact he probably got that or some of sedna unlocked via taxi before they changed that as well

And lastly it is just a game and he has no obligation to you as a player in the same squad or game to behave a certain way or admit to any of your accusations of improper game conduct

In fact he may not have known about brakk and g3 prior to that mission

Edited by T4LCOMX

I don't like the way you're representing my alliance

The attitude you're displaying gives me a distaste for your membership

This is just a game and you're taking the action s of an obvious inexperienced player too seriously this is about the brakk part

If you hadn't encountered g 3 and lost it you wouldn't have cared about his disco or his reply nor would you have felt it necessary to humiliate him to other players in the group or come to the forum and not only show the world how you treat players but waste forum space and then passively insult the forum community .... "I guess I shouldn't have tried that here"

I'm disappointed

Now as for the player

He was obviously inexperienced. Soma is Mr six. That being said he is probably a return player who got it when it first came out. In fact he probably got that or some of sedna unlocked via taxi before they changed that as well

And lastly it is just a game and he has no obligation to you as a player in the same squad or game to behave a certain way or admit to any of your accusations of improper game conduct

In fact he may not have known about brakk and g3 prior to that mission

still not an excuse

And...I just left the clan/alliance.

My point was never the Brakk part - not saying I totally don't care, but again, I would've never posted anything if it was just about the part.  My point was the other player's attitude.  I don't care if he hadn't been playing warframe for 30 seconds, being an &#! is still being an &#!.  His inexperience, while debatable to begin with, is no excuse for simply being an &#!.

Nothing personal T4L but if you, of all people, can't see that, then I drastically overestimated who I thought you were.

GLHF, Clan.  Glad I got all the clantech I want already.