Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Me Or Is Owning A Primed Warframe Like Owning A Lamborghini?

LashLethal

I like the normal versions better. Sure Primes are flashy but I do not care about Blingy things too much. They have a purpose yes but within good taste and do not always fit in. Sometimes the normal versions just feel more fitting to the possible theme they are supposed to represent than the Primed versions of those Warframes I feel. Of course some like the other way around and are driven by flashy things instead and there is nothing wrong with that but for me, shiny things are not always the most appealing thing in the world. It depends.

So there are people who play Rhino.. Hmph. Okay.

Where have you been? Rhino was once a really popular frame..

We even had a popularity debate between Rhino & Loki..

0.1 more speed and 25 more energy, 

No thanks.

Also 25 more energy if calculated with flow is quite an increase.. around 75 energy more than the original..

a lot more with maxed primed flow, add that with quick thinking, loki's survivability increased by a whole lot. (even without invisibility)...

it's mainly for collection use for me, but if you buy them directly, their value goes down to the drain.

Same here. It's pretty much pokemon for me, I like to have everything maxed and organised - makes me feel all happy <3

Though I'm confused when people say 'The primes aren't worth the price'. I always thought that the big thing for buying the packs was the platinum and supporting the developers. If you are buying them purely for the prime stuff, then yes, you are paying a LOT just for them. 

If you can't justify paying the price, do what I've done. Just wait for a month or two for trading prices to settle and get yourself them on the cheap. I've still not got Nova Prime, but when I do, I will not pay more than 100p for it, that's for sure (100p is like.. £3-4? which compared to the packs is bargain. Even cheaper if you get a login discount!).

the only reason for some primes  beyond the mastery are the aforementioned stats increase with excalibur prime (founder exclusive), rhino prime (speed), and and loki prime (energy).  the rest just have changed polarities and physical design.  i've had to plat-buy one part for both loki and nyx to make each frame.  if i ever get either sabotage part for nova, i'll buy the last as well.

but any normal frame is as useable as the prime-related version.  don't worry if you do not have the prime versions.  i prefer using zephyr for 90% of my game time anyways now and the rest tend to sit around unused after i max their levels.

you forgot about nova primes extra shields and i believe he has extra energy, you also forgot about nyx primes extra armor

Where have you been? Rhino was once a really popular frame..

We even had a popularity debate between Rhino & Loki..

Also 25 more energy if calculated with flow is quite an increase.. around 75 energy more than the original..

a lot more with maxed primed flow, add that with quick thinking, loki's survivability increased by a whole lot. (even without invisibility)...

Rhino is played quite often even amongst veteran players due to his great all around kit. Loki's survivabilty is quite high atm even without any Vitality or redirection on him. Currently I only run Quick thinking and Lifestrike on my weapons . Allows for both and invisibility and a disarm that are both respectable if not broken op.

You people realize that prime and normal versions dont have to be mutually exclusive. Also if you think the stats differences are minor or not worth it then realize you are choosing to be subpar. The time differences between 1st and 2nd place in any type of race could be fractions of a second but guess who takes home the gold and who takes home the silver?

Edited by Invidia21

Excal prime has a higher sexy stat, AND make peeps jelly. Thus Excal Prime is the ONLY true prime. :)

Everyone else is just the base frame with a little extra bling.

Was a he shield recharge increase ever confirmed? If it was it needs a buff, because it's negligible at best.