Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Disgusting

(PSN)Shrouded17

Quote of the Week folks.  I hope people really understand this comment, please look at the bigger picture of things.  Go way back to the Communities L,O,S rants and compare it to now.   What is obvious shouldn't have to be explained.

I'll make it simple yet straight to the point.  Half of the player base are *sniper shot*

This guy gets it

While we're at it, make guns weaker the more they're fired. Firing more than 10 bullets a minute is OP.

I mainly use bows or Latron Wraith. That wouldn't affect me in the slightest, and it's a very different case. It's no stretch to believe that not a single power is designed by DE specifically to be spammed, whereas some guns are designed to have huge rates of fire. Entirely different level you're on.

This is an astoundingly simple solution that I never thought about. I personally grumble about things not being challenging when I get stuck with someone spamming powers but I go along with it and leave squad when the mission is finished.

That said, if this was implemented it would have to be tweaked on a power to power basis for each frame because a blanket application of this would be downright ugly.

Definitely. Duration-based and channelling / toggle abilities would require some tweaking of this proposed solution, but I think it would effectively cut down on power spam and people would give themselves time to let it recharge. Burst-firing their powers is a definite step forward from full-auto-firing their powers.

Well maybe the problem is that it "was by far the best option". Maybe using your guns and blades should be MORE rewarding than using your abilities. I don't know. But it's easy to try to pretend like one frame is the problem, when clearly it isn't just an Excalibur issue. Of course, the community needs a scapegoat...

Ult spam is really just the best option for exterminate, rep farm, and defense missions (if your entire team is buffing you).  For everything else there's plenty of opportunity (but not necessity) for playstyle variety.  Part of the reason why I love survival, excavation and interception (not draco / stephano).

Oh and if you guys do ever convince them to cut down on our power usage by lowering the efficiency cap or something, please be smart enough to ask for an enemy damage nerf too.  Abilities are what keeps you alive for high level missions.

*surge dashes away*

Edited by SleepingSentry

well, if you realy want to spam your ult with energy restores you might still do that .. but somehow op has a point .. maybe it realy is time for a new energy efficiency cap at 60% or something

that might solve a lot of "press 4 to win" problems, or op overused abilitys on a lot of frames

Yea then it will be nothing but boltor prime/synoid spam instead. Take away powers and all you got left is a handful of viable weapons for end game; that does not seem any better than now...not that I have any problems with power spam, b/c I don't. Power spam only happens in certain missions where all the 'cool kids' go.

Edited by fizbit

"Skip to 4 minutes"

Anyways this is pretty... pathetic really that people abuse stupid things like that. I do feel bad for the Grineer and he should be ashamed to call himself a Tenno for not making it a least a decent fight. I do hope he gets suspended or something, until D.E. fixes that.

And I understand some peoples' point about Rank 30 Excal or whatever, but really. I thought there was a fix for Radial Javelin to not go through surfaces...?

You're joking, right? Who are you to tell people how to play?

Yea then it will be nothing but boltor prime/synoid spam instead. Take away powers and all you got left is a handful of viable weapons for end game; that does not seem any better than now...not that I have any problems with power spam, b/c I don't. Power spam only happens in certain missions where all the 'cool kids' go.

Those slippery slope arguments never work. People need to stop making them.

I didn't make that "Warframe-themed idle game" comment around the time of the Syndicate XP nerf for nothing :v

Radial javelin needs a serious nerf.

Could not agree more. If that does happen, I'll finally win the mirage > excal argument, as it would strip excal of any reason to use him.

Plus, a nice punch in the face to founders, as well. Anyone I've met who frequently uses excal prime has been unpleasant to deal with, to put it politely. I would have no problem with them suffering.

Could not agree more. If that does happen, I'll finally win the mirage > excal argument, as it would strip excal of any reason to use him.

Plus, a nice punch in the face to founders, as well. Anyone I've met who frequently uses excal prime has been unpleasant to deal with, to put it politely. I would have no problem with them suffering.

Your goal shouldn't be to punish frames because you believe their users are obnoxious, or so that you can say yours is better.

I also think RJ should be nerfed somewhat, although that's not the central issue of this in my opinion.

To me, the problems are how easy it is to get and maintain energy thanks to restores, EV, and efficiency mods.

wow, borderline name and shame lol... even tho hes really doing nothing wrong...

trin has been able to supply energy since energy has been supplied... spamming powers is not new.

antimatter drop still doesnt have a dmg cap! vortex can hold infinite enemies! minimum duration slash dash op!

:/

edit:

http://youtu.be/JGkAlkSMjAA?t=48m40s

48:40

rebecca suggests to megan in order to max her syndicate standing for her to do draco on ceres,

at other moments in the stream she also suggests stephano.

those are the missions the players use to spam ults to max loadouts and cap daily rep.

AND they added the large restores after vivergate.. so as far as i can tell theyre pretty ok with it.

Edited by T4LCOMX

This is not disgusting. This is just playing a game as he likes. It seems the huge majority of people here have no idea how much excal sucked back in the day, and these are the people who push for a nerf. I bet that if they do, these people will also be the ones to plead for a buff 6 months later.

Exactly!

I don't see any problem in here, uuuu nerf RJ it's OP...oh my God seriously?!? What is wrong with you all?? If you don't like it than just dont use any strenght mods or efficiency mods on warframe and there, there is your OP problem solved!!! You all are not the only players in this game, there also ones that likes and need that OP!! If you need a challenge in game go with unmoded warframes and weapons to any mision. Or bring this OP excal in t4 s for longer than 40 mins

No different then when you were trying to peacemaker. He just happens to use pads with his ultimate. Just with the way you're handling this it seems you are just salty you're not getting the kills. Sorry but it just seems that way.

Edited by LuxLo

I had an excal P do this in T4S and he was more of a liability then help. He kept getting downed after the 15 min mark because he couldn't  kill mobs fast enough and wasn't paying attention, resulting in him getting owned by corrupted drones. He refused to stay with the team as well. 

Before the 15 min mark it was just boring because everything was dead.

This is why we can't have nice things, because someone always abuses it and ruins it for everyone else.

Basically, don't bring your boring and useless rep farming techniques to anything other then a rep farm, kids.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Plus, a nice punch in the face to founders, as well. Anyone I've met who frequently uses excal prime has been unpleasant to deal with, to put it politely. I would have no problem with them suffering

You have serious problems..... If they nerf Radial Javelin they better bring back Radial Blind

Boots up Pokemon

Pits level 30 bidoof against a level 5 starly

Bidoof use tackle

Ohko

Concludes that bidoof and tackle are OP

:)

VERY NICE ANALOGY M8 +1

It's really no different than when Nova and Rhino were king of low-level map Ult Spam. Give Radial Javelin some cooldown (Rhino Stomp is 8 seconds) and he should be fine. 

Side Rant: I don't understand DE's statements about making the game less about spamming Ult-4, and then comparing that with types of changes they make. It started with Fleeting Expertise, got worse with Team Energy Restore, became laughable with Large Team Energy Restore, and seems to be bathing in chocolate and ecstasy with Syndicate weapons. 

For wanting to put an end to Ult-Spam they sure do add a lot of things that facilitate that type of gameplay.