Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raids Already P#2W

geninrising

Judging from the way raids already look we are seeing a disturbing trend that further pushes the P#2W issue. Unfortunately you at DE have still failed to see why players have asked for a change and maybe once we utterly ROFLSTOMP your raids you will note how broken ultimates are with the current metering system. 

Ults are not going to allow you guys to make challenging content that would actually engross players for more than a couple of minutes basically spent looking at the scenery going by. Within the first 45 minutes or so of opening the raids players will have it figured out and run groups composed of X+Y frames+ X weapons and it will be a walk in the park. 

We will press 4 and the next guy will press 4 and the next and it will be a never ending faceroll no matter what level enemies you put in.

If players can handle level 300 enemies in a normal defense with 4 frames or a survival with 4 frames, what will it take to actually challenge us? Currently it looks a whole lot like nothing you do will challenge us in any way.

How do you fix this?

Meter ults separately from the rest of our abilities and watch what happens. Enemies will no longer need scaling armor nor will teams be forced into 4 spam to accomplish ANYTHING, because it will no longer be a thing. In addition you can buff ultimate abilities through the roof on their affects and damages without utterly breaking the game. We get useful abilities no matter the level of the content and you fix the longest outstanding problem bar none(barring the connection issues, but to be fair networking is a harsh mistress). 

Easy and simple.

Did you mean P42W?

I think he just means P(number)2W, since some frames spam other abilities besides four. *cough cough Nekros*

But OP, I don't see this being a problem considering how damage drop off is a thing, and the Raids won't only consist of high level enemies - but mechanical difficulty too. 

Pay forty-two win?Intriguing...

I think they meant "press 4 to win", because a raid being P2W is... silly.

I think he just means P(number)2W, since some frames spam other abilities besides four. *cough cough Nekros*

But OP, I don't see this being a problem considering how damage drop off is a thing, and the Raids won't only consist of high level enemies - but mechanical difficulty too. 

But why "#" then? Why not 3? or 4?

I think they meant "press 4 to win", because a raid being P2W is... silly.

I think he meant Press4towin. Dunno, maybe I agree.

(EDIT: to late)

I can't understand OP.

Yeah, he's talking about Press 4 to win (because he talks about being forced to use ultimate powers...

It just goes back to the end game issue at hand. Press 4 to win is too relevant in every non def/suriv mission right now. It's more of a fact that end game is level 30 -40 rather than the power of our ults. Because we all know how useless a lot of frames 4ths can get at certain enemy levels. The op is correct in the point that in every mission you can go around pressing four over and over and everything will die without much of a problem. So making challenging content right now is impossible at these 30-40 levels.

Edited by SoulDust

-laughs-

Level 80 enemies is probably the least important thing in the raids. :)

Random mission types: If you get spy in one of those all your ults suddenly become useless. Wardens are alerted to powers so your basically screwed if you use them.

Puzzles are going to be hard, the ones rebecca did was a easy one, they said their going to make that one much harder.

Also when a archwing section comes in, you better have leveled your archwing stuff to be any good.

Just wait. Press4towin is not going to be the strat. 

DE showed us alpha version of Raids. When they come out their still going to be a Alpha. Though obviously the DE knows the whole 

press42win strat. Telling them to work around it is like telling them to make sure the enemies aren't level 1.

Edited by Feallike

i dont agree, i use most of my abilities on all frames so idk what you mean

same. i dont know about anyone else but frames have 3 other powers that are usefull in their own situations. if you only specced your frame to only use the ult then your loss

Edited by Adaptor-Face

Because '#' can represent any number relevant to any given frame so still covers the likes of Mag Shield Polarise spam with out having to list every exception that is a number other than '4'.  It did take me a while to figure ou twhat the OP meant though and their conclusion was to limit ult's specifically so... I don't know.  They seem to have missed the whole thing of having challenges other than the enemies to deal with at the same time. 

The interesting question is - how many of these rewards can be added to a piece.

It sounded like one at a time was the plan with new ones over-writing if you choose to use them on the same item.  It's not really P2W when you can use them on the default helmet (or helmets from alerts) and Syndicate Syandanas can be earned for free.

Edited by Katinka

This is what I meant, however what I think you are failing to see is that the ultimate abilities and a few other offenders will guarantee completion. Super slow enemies that take double damage and have melee only and are confused constantly will simply be fodder. There is absolutely no way short of implementing raid wide ability immunity that the devs can fix this. I used P#2W because it will be a variety of things such as disarm/chaos/M Prime/(Shield polarize will be a non issue so far as I have seen due to it being non Corpus atm, however the point still stands).

Edited by geninrising

i saw most the guys saying that DE are noobs but maybe i can't see very well.

DE doesn't play the game enough to even know what they are doing frankly. Not even Rebecca or perhaps it's just a  difference in skill. Additionally anyone that states that DERebecca pressed 4 a lot and still died did not pay attention to the fact that the PUZZLE was dropping the players not the enemies. The enemies were utterly helpless most of the time. Let's further add to that scenario a coordinated team that has a disarm and subsequent chaos applied with an M Prime=helpless to fight back at all. If we add in a durational Loki(to decoy inside vortex or near vortex) and a Vauban=even worse. 

DE doesn't play the game enough to even know what they are doing frankly. Not even Rebecca or perhaps it's just a  difference in skill. Additionally anyone that states that DERebecca pressed 4 a lot and still died did not pay attention to the fact that the PUZZLE was dropping the players not the enemies. The enemies were utterly helpless most of the time. Let's further add to that scenario a coordinated team that has a disarm and subsequent chaos applied with an M Prime=helpless to fight back at all. If we add in a durational Loki(to decoy inside vortex or near vortex) and a Vauban=even worse. 

But that's the point of CC in all kinds of raids, use abilities to keep irrelevant mobs away form the battle with the boss (puzzle in this case)

Edited by akira_him