Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Parkour 2.0 Megathread - What Do You Expect? (Less Anti-Copter, More "what Should Be Added" Talk, Please)

Morec0

But it WILL be more controlled, with all that breaking and slowing that was going on. It'll be up to us to make full use of it.

Guess we'll see but I'm exceptionally skeptical.

Quit raining on my parade! >.>

Just trying to be real :S

Melee 2.0 was supposed to be something else other than E smashing, turned out to be even more E smashing but with the option of holding an extra damage button :/

Edited by Naith

It looks ... neat, perhaps. But the way I see it, unless there are some defensive modifiers applied to parkour techniques, I don't see it being terribly useful outside of navigating the map.

Corpus: Non-hitscan weapons. Current parkour isn't too bad, here. Enhanced parkour could be more useful, maybe.

Grineer: Hitscan weapons, high accuracy. I haven't noticed any difference in their ability to land bursts on target with or without parkour. I don't see how enhanced parkour would help at all. Especially with the pauses and changes in direction that don't seem quite fast enough. Then again, it was just a video and not gameplay footage. We'll have to see.

Infested: Dive in. Cut them. I don't typically think about parkour against infested. Enhanced parkour might help get me away from that ancient, or it will mlg-yolonoscope-grappling-hook me off of the wall.

I guess that's a lot of words just to say, "Whatever, we'll see."

Guess we'll see but I'm exceptionally skeptical.

Just trying to be real :S

Melee 2.0 was supposed to be something else other than E smashing, turned out to be even more E smashing but with the option of holding an extra damage button :/

You're being a little unfair to Melee 2.0.  Yes, when you first start, it is E or Channeled E, but stances and weapons add a lot of customization.  

New stuff :

- Excal sticks to the walls without sliding down (0:20)

- Excal slows down his rope slide(0:27)

- Excal swings on the rope (0:29)

- Diagonal wallrun (0:31) done two times

------------

- Uranus tileset (the grineer underwater base)

- Sentients!!!

Ya and in real - exca flinged jumped - than coptered - than air melee - evoila he´s on the roof even before the other tennos would have been there with parkouring. Than 4 and mediate pose till the rest arrives.

But it looked non the less really cool. =)

Edited by VoidNomade

Exca's stamina bar after exiting the tunnel

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

How many maps do you actually use ropes? Every hole you can slide jump... OHhhh.... they wanted to fix acceleration boosts of some maneuvers. I don't wanna use ropes. They are so slow to start sliding.

Though it showed grabbing the rope without needing a prompt point, If you cant flying grab a rope and keep your momentum if  you leap with the ropes direction, it blows.

I'm sick of getting stuck on obstacles because the tap-to-vault mechanic doesn't work.

The loss of momentum when travelling up (based on sprint speed) seems to be a mistake IMHO.

I'm sick of leaping at a wall holding jump to just slide down it like a sack of potatoes because something somewhere couldn't work out that I should be able to run up that wall at that time.

I'd like to see more "hold jump to parkour" where the majority of the fine control is done for us. Hold jump and the Tenno keeps running regardless of obstacle, release to leap.

And yes, Coptering looks stupid, if it didn't I wouldn't care about it. but it is a crap mechanic basing movement speed on weapon attack speed.

Edited by SilentMobius

Ninja Warrior!!!!!
{[#]},{[#}] We Tenno have longed for the day where are motions on obsticles were like poison rushing towards the valley.
Swift pauses frozen on a wall, quick-fast like lightning, and of course aggresive blazing fury for our next target's life.
The sentients shall fear our blades, our gunplay, and above all, our raw power ;D

I'm only hoping for a fix to launching and coptering.

Coptering has already long since been made a part of the game, so it won't really be getting "fixed" in the sense of getting removed. It sounds like they might take that same route with launching, too, if the TennoLive stream is any indication. There's nothing wrong with them, anyway. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Coptering has already long since been made a part of the game, so it won't really be getting "fixed" in the sense of getting removed. It sounds like they might take that same route with launching, too, if the TennoLive stream is any indication. There's nothing wrong with them, anyway. If you don't like it, don't use it.

yep - the speed/far movement effect from coptering/launching will be removed as pointed by Scot (pre x-mas devstream if i remember).

And as we saw in the trailer there was no wall-launch.