Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick System, Needs To Be Implemented !

Anfetamina

Hi guys, like the topics says, the system needs to be implemented in my opinion, there are a lot of players, a thousand of them, who start a mission, and they stay afk while the missions runs. That situation its really bad, because we waste time, we abort the mission, and sometimes we can't do any more the missions, imagine if you join 10 secs till the mission ends, and you couldn't make it? Yeah right... I think this system could be a good "thing".

For example in 2 games for the syndicate, I've made today, there were 3 afk's in the total.

And sorry, I need to mention -snip-

What do you think about the vote kick system ??!

Edited by Letter13
Naming and shaming is bad, m'kay?

i believe a kicking system needs to be implemented along these lines.

-if the player is not moving at all... for at least 60-90 seconds then the game would auto kick them

-no "voting" for kicks because i know for a fact that with the way i play (which involves running ahead of the group and killing everyting before the group can reach the enemies "ain't nobody got time for that") i would proabably get vote kicked just for playing the way i do.

yes a kicking system needs to be implemented

no it cannot be a player based vote kick system because it's too easy to abuse

No, its to easy to be abused. Also you need to kown a few things.

1. NEVER post names here, its against the rules

2. Not every player has the best net connection, they load in slow, or even longer, get used to it, the AFK system will sort them out.

3. Sometimes life issues get in the way, people may be called by someone without warning, or they need the loo, when I join an game, sometimes I need a pee, or  I get called down without warning. I deal with it come back and apologize for AFK or suffer the AFK system. Smiple

4. Unless you kown they do it just to Leech, by maybe moving around a bit or so, report them, Dead Simple   

Potential abuse is not a proper argument. That's like removing Loki's switch TP because he could potentially troll you. It's a vote.

Try using it on the same player 20 times in a row.

The game won't let you.

If votekick is implemented, it will be ABused more than it'll be USED for what it was made for.

A system that detects and display if somebody is AFK or hasn't fully loaded in a lobby would be a far more productive use of development time.

Sweet mother of god, NO.

This was why I hated L4D. Did you do something stupid? Kick. Was it on purpose? No? lol too bad, bye. Did you afk because your controller batteries died? Yes? lol too bad, bye. Did you bring a frame that people don't typically like (banshee)? lol bye.

No thank you.

I can see myself kicking everyone who is not trinity,excalibur with proper spam build

Try using it on the same player 20 times in a row.

The game won't let you.

If votekick is implemented, it will be ABused more than it'll be USED for what it was made for.

A system that detects and display if somebody is AFK or hasn't fully loaded in a lobby would be a far more productive use of development time.

Is there any reasoning behind your statement? In games I've played with vote kick, people were never kicked unless they were being total idiots.

I can see myself kicking everyone who is not trinity,excalibur with proper spam build

I hate to admit it

but I kinder agree here.

Hell I'll kick every low MR person, BUT ONLY, if it was a real match where we needed skilled players, otherwise I whuold keep them around.

Now, I wish there was some sort of Logo or some sort I chuold buy like "Pride of the lotus" or so, so if I got that on, I can help new players on their missions and such.

Is there any reasoning behind your statement? In games I've played with vote kick, people were never kicked unless they were being total idiots.

well it's not uncommon that people would start a vote kick without proper reason such as "oh that person has a higher score than me so i'm going to get everyone to vote kick him" or even in mass effect 3's multiplayer where i have been kicked for just the class i had chosen.

a vote kick is bad...

if we are talking about getting rid of afk players here than an auto kick for people standing around for a certain amount of time should be enough...

in other words don't leave the possibility of kicking people in the hands of players because it DOES NOT WORK...

I hate to admit it

but I kinder agree here.

Hell I'll kick every low MR person, BUT ONLY, if it was a real match where we needed skilled players, otherwise I whuold keep them around.

Now, I wish there was some sort of Logo or some sort I chuold buy like "Pride of the lotus" or so, so if I got that on, I can help new players on their missions and such.

when i made''pride of the lotus suggestion'' ppl hated on it because ''it is another grind'' lol 

vote kicking would be abused like others said BUT
BUT 
BUT
what about squad leader who formed a squad (NOT MATCHMAKING) being able to kick people pre-mission?
like, you host a mission in recruiting, a guy refuses to do what he's been asked to do and you want to replace him , now you have to leave squad and re-invite the other players while as squad leader/creator you could remove him
i'm still against the idea of vote-kick in matchmaking/random groups

The game is rated M.

A good part of this community is between 12 and 16 years old, sadly. You can't assume that everybody will have the maturity to not abuse the hell out of this mechanic.

Additionally, there are a lot of more seasoned players that will abuse the hell out of votekick just to get the proper party they want.

There is nothing votekick can fix, that you can't do by being reasonable and talking about it with squad members.

Worst case scenario, disband and reinvite, or simply look at the player's profile before inviting.

Oh and it would also make joining public games even harder than it currently is.

Because they can. Because there are no immediate repercussions for doing it. Because throughout the history of the human race, a notable percentage of the population have shown themselves to be so inclined.