Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Certain Grineer Tiles Been Retired?

alif3

I have been running alot of grineer missions lately and have realized that I no longer see certain tiles. 

Specifically the large multi-tiered circular drill room. I believe it used to be part of the grineer asteroid mining tileset, does it still exist in the rotation? There was also some other grineer tiles that emphasized parkour that I do not seem to see anymore. Am I going crazy here?

Sadly some tiles are gone on Grineer Asteriod tileset, and I believe some of the old corpus ones are gone as well. I miss them greatly. Update 7 come back to me!

I haven't seen the large corpus room with the two levels (and a 3rd bottom floor level with a secret vent which used to be a teleport out of bound area), elevators, two levels of scaffholding floor on each side,  and bridge in the middle in ages. You think that was removed too?  :(

The room I'm mentioning:

EDIT: Guess I've been getting the boring tile rotation, still in the game.

Edited by Sorez

I have been running alot of grineer missions lately and have realized that I no longer see certain tiles. 

Specifically the large multi-tiered circular drill room. I believe it used to be part of the grineer asteroid mining tileset, does it still exist in the rotation? There was also some other grineer tiles that emphasized parkour that I do not seem to see anymore. Am I going crazy here?

Yup, that tile is retired. I miss those conveyor belts with the lava but i think that was a newbie nightmare

Edited by GordoFreeman

I haven't seen the large corpus room with the two levels (and a 3rd bottom floor level with a secret vent which used to be a teleport out of bound area), elevators, two levels of scaffholding floor on each side,  and bridge in the middle in ages. You think that was removed too?  :(

The room I'm mentioning:

I haven't seen this tile in a while.

Edit: And I really miss that announcement thing they had. It made the Corpus ship tileset feel more alive.

Yup, that tile is retired. I miss those conveyor belts with the lava but i think that was a newbie nightmare

That's a dumb reason to retire a tile.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Nope, I remember that tile.

... I'm glad it's gone.  "Newbie nightmare" is an understatement.  If that tile was in a mission, it was a guarantee that any player who has been around for less than a month would never make it to extraction in time.

... I'm glad it's gone.  "Newbie nightmare" is an understatement.  If that tile was in a mission, it was a guarantee that any player who has been around for less than a month would never make it to extraction in time.

Was confusing as hell, and good luck if you fell down. Once i counted you need around 50-55 seconds just to get up if you dont use elevator.

I haven't seen this tile in a while.

Edit: And I really miss that announcement thing they had. It made the Corpus ship tileset feel more alive.

That tile is still in the game. The only difference is that you can land on the bridge thing at the bottom without being teleported back up.

I don't see why that's a problem. It used to be where games would force you to get better...

That tile is still in the game. The only difference is that you can land on the bridge thing at the bottom without being teleported back up.

I guess I've just been getting the boring rotation.

There was also a grineer tile, that was commonly with the large vertical drill tile, where you would go across a walkway, then a moderate size area with an air vent (which was used to entering some tile sets sometimes) and then you would go down two or three ramps to an elevator that went down to a room, with a side room with a few lockers and then the other way would connect to existing sets.  I remember jumping from the walkway down to the ramps a few times.  I know this tileset was retired before Zephyr came around though, because I would have air jumped from the ramps to the walkway, just to see if I could do it.

I don't see why that's a problem. It used to be where games would force you to get better...

I guess I've just been getting the boring rotation.

Can confirm, boring rotation here too.

Also, I cant remember, which grineer tile is OP referring to again?

Edited by Sorez

I don't see why that's a problem.

Do you actually remember that specific tile?  It was... Idunno', 7 stores high?

1g7HvHMl.jpg

There was an elevator, but it was only one-way back then, if one player took it the other three had to climb up manually.  There were no paths to certain exits (had to climb higher than the edit and jump down onto the ledge), the tile was huge and the waypoint system was even more broken back then, often pointing the wrong way.

Not to mention that the conveyor belts could and would pull you outside the map.

CoGEs8tl.jpg

cwtI17zl.jpg

It used to be where games would force you to get better...

No other tiles in Warframe will require parkour.  A lot of them are purposely built so that getting good at the movement system allows you to get through them faster, but for this tile you needed to do it to get through it at all.

This tile was vertical, so if you started at the bottom and messed up you went back to the beginning.  And at that time, no extraction meant no rewards.  This was a very frustrating time for newbies, there was no air melee or such back then, and coptoring doesn't move you up even if newbies knew how to do that.

This tile was removed most likely because it was an unreasonable tile, the devs most likely realized that it punished (newer) players by not letting them get mission rewards if they didn't have movement experience that only comes with long playtime.

Do you actually remember that specific tile?  It was... Idunno', 7 stores high?

There was an elevator, but it was only one-way back then, if one player took it the other three had to climb up manually.  There were no paths to certain exits (had to climb higher than the edit and jump down onto the ledge), the tile was huge and the waypoint system was even more broken back then, often pointing the wrong way.

Not to mention that the conveyor belts could and would pull you outside the map.

No other tiles in Warframe will require parkour.  A lot of them are purposely built so that getting good at the movement system allows you to get through them faster, but for this tile you needed to do it to get through it at all.

This tile was vertical, so if you started at the bottom and messed up you went back to the beginning.  And at that time, no extraction meant no rewards.  This was a very frustrating time for newbies, there was no air melee or such back then, and coptoring doesn't move you up even if newbies knew how to do that.

This tile was removed most likely because it was an unreasonable tile, the devs most likely realized that it punished (newer) players by not letting them get mission rewards if they didn't have movement experience that only comes with long playtime.

Yes, I remember it. A broken waypoint system should be fixed. There are tiles that require parkour, but they're parkour rooms so I guess you weren't counting those. The elevator could have also been made two-way...

The conveyor belt issue should have been fixed.

And the no-extraction-no-rewards thing has since been fixed. Still not seeing a good reason to take out such a cool tile.

What it did was forced players to learn how to use the movement system that DE went through the trouble of including in this game. Removing a tile because it is difficult is just... dumb (couldn't think of a nicer way of putting that). IMO we need more complex rooms, I'm getting tired of all the lateral movement with little vertical variance that our current tile sets are composed of. Yes, there are some exceptions. 

Scrapping an entire room just because it was difficult just doesn't make sense to me.

There are tiles that require parkour, but they're parkour rooms so I guess you weren't counting those.

Those are generally dead-end tiles, it's not required to make it through them, they are a bonus that rewards extra skill.

Again, this was the only tile I can remember that required parkour to make it through at all (even taking an elevator to the top, you still needed to jump a gap to two of the possible connecting rooms).  The idea that Warframe used to require such a thing on a regular basis is false, this is the only tile I can remember that made the advanced movement system a requirement to complete the mission, opposed to a bonus in completion time or offering extra containers.