Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Reload Speed Buff..when? >.<

GinKenshin

Hoi dear tenno (and hopefully DE), 

I recall about 3-6 months ago, a certain tenno made a thread about buffing the Tigris shotgun, and a certain dev answered that it'll receiver a buff, probably a reload speed one, I tried searching for the topic but had no luck 

so I'm just asking here, will it ever get a reload speed buff? I can understand it having 2 shot since it's double barreled, but reloading 2 shots shouldn't take like 2 sec, and it's the very first weapon I fell for since it looks so bad@$$, and I so love shotguns too since I always seem to be at point blank with the enemy 

I know there's a lot of tennos asking for different weapons to get a fix or buff, like the Supra/flex rifle and Sliva & Aegis, and probably all the shotguns, but I really want the Tigris to be looked at too, and I'd appreciate any DEveloper answer to my question 

NOTE: please don't derail this thread and talk about other weapons or stuff, just stay in topic, it'll be appreciated :D

Thank you ^^ 

Yeah I've been wondering this myself. I've been leveling Tigris for 3 days or so and it's literally just so bad you can't even use it on mercury. Anything you can actually kill with it will overwhelm you and kill you faster, the reload speed is just an absolute killer. (wouldn't hurt to get some crit stats on it either)

You can't reload them with the two shells held in the fist technique like doom - the barrels are spaced apart by that decorative bladed divider thing. :/ Faster reload would not make the animation that already exsists look really bad.  Tenno are already really agile folks, some quick finger work to reload the barrels wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them.

the thing that annoys me the most is that primed fast hands mod, it should've been primed tactical pump, since shotguns needs the reload speed a lot more that rifles or snipers, and since almost everything is just using dmg mods on their rifles anyway so it'll be almost useless, while shotguns already have high dmg on paper, so there's a place for a primed tactical pump (if anyone doesn't know, it's the shotgun variant of fast hands)...instead, they give shotguns 2 primed mods for crit builds, and since the highest crit chance of all the obtainable shotguns are 15% (boar p), just imagine how that'll be helpful :P 

Edited by Kenshin98

i was in that thread. they said they would look into it, not so much as to give it a reload buff. i say that from memory

i was hoping they would implement a mechanic to do a single shell reload after just one shot. 
i would be happy with a 1.6 reload buff and a 1.2 reload buff for a single shell

the gun itself needs a extra polarity to even be comparable to the other shotguns. heck maybe even 2

A reload speed buff and some INNATE PUNCHTHROUGH, now that would maybe make it worthwhile...

i believe you should be encouraged to use the the innate punch through mod as opposed to free punch through. that extra polarity might solve that problem

also i would like to see just a slight buff to either slash damage or decent increase of impact or puncture damage 

just an opinion, setting up options on how DE could approach it

Edited by Tainted_Fox

They'll buff it when stalker becomes playable.

Also, they have demonstrated in the past that they can change numbers quite quickly (*cough* AKMAGNUS *cough*).

So I don't see why it's taking so long.

Edited by Racercowboy

I'd be fine with the reload speed if the Tigris got a massive boost in crit.

Does anyone remember the image for Tenno guns showing the Soma, Tigris and Vectis? It struck me pretty odd that out of these 3 Tenno weapons that were in the same concept sheet, the shotgun is the only one not having good critical stats. With the terribleness of Blunderbuss and (non-Primed) Ravage in mind, I'd like huge critical stats so the Tigris will actually be that burst-damage truck it's supposed to be.

I'd be fine with the reload speed if the Tigris got a massive boost in crit.

Does anyone remember the image for Tenno guns showing the Soma, Tigris and Vectis? It struck me pretty odd that out of these 3 Tenno weapons that were in the same concept sheet, the shotgun is the only one not having good critical stats. With the terribleness of Blunderbuss and (non-Primed) Ravage in mind, I'd like huge critical stats so the Tigris will actually be that burst-damage truck it's supposed to be.

well, I think the reason non of the current shotguns have a decent crit chance (20%+) is because they already have high damage and high pellets, though a crit shotgun is always welcome